+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 02-19-05 Show Discussion ***SPOILERS***

I really enjoyed the show tonight and think, for once, the right team won and the right person was voted off.

I enjoyed the show tonight too. It really brought to light who really has the creativity and who was willing to give the projects sweat equity
    BUT.....I really did love the iron table. I thought it was wonderful....it was HOT!
    I didn't like the cushion Darlene put on her chase though,

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Sheesh -- how many times has Kimberly been up for elimination. Finally she's gone. And what was up with her lame-ass explanation for their "theme".
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Quote Originally Posted by mom2
    I think the only ones that should be in the running to actually win now are Mitch and Darlene. Heather's hats and hairstyles are awful, and what does Amy ever do?? I don't even know anything about her, except that she made a bracelet that looks like something my 6th grade girls would do during our study hall time.
    I agree, and since Mitch is so bitchy, I hope it's Darlene. Amy dodged a bullet by being on the winning team, or her project would definitely have been judged the crappiest. Really, if you hadn't just said her name, I wouldn't have known it.

I was just waiting for Kimberly to answer the theme question with "Our theme is Estate Sale." and stare at the judges as if they were stupid for not getting it.
    "Nothing intoxicates some people like a sip of authority."

Quote Originally Posted by Teddybear
    I don't think Candace has good taste and I agree with the person who said she is easily BS'd into buying things. The book shelf with the butter flies from crafty beavers was not nice -- but Candace said it's the kind of thing you look for but can never find.
    The worst thing about Candace is she thinks she has better taste than anyone, but really she is a total slave to fashion.

My husband happened to be in the room while I was watching this episode, and when he said he hoped Mitch would vote off the blonde, I said I wished he could vote off Candace. She is more undeserving to be there than any of the contestants! I also noticed she is a woman-hater, ready to listen to anything Mitch says but totally dismissing all the women. This allows her to feel superior. How pathetic and insecure is that.

I'm glad Kimberley was voted off, she really has to get off that botanical craze, can she decorate anything without using a floral motif? I'd be afraid to go to her house and see a floral sofa, decoupage florals on the walls, a floral toilet seat.........and maybe if she's really radical and feeling edgy, a botanical print without any blossoms. Darlene made a great call on that cane chaise but I didn't like the cover she made for it, looked too much like it came off the set of Golden Girls. Mitch does come off as arrogant, but the thing is, he's so often deadly accurate about the other contestants. No wonder they hate him, they know he's good. Now I'm just hoping that Mychael makes it back to the competition, or even Tom, I'd love to see a showdown between Tom and Mitch. I like Candace as a judge, and I don't think she's a misogynist, just that she recognizes a good eye when she sees one. Also, her esthetic is much more aligned to Mitch's than to any of the remaining contestants, save maybe Amy.

Quote Originally Posted by CupidGuest
    The decoupage thing took tooooo long. The striped cabinet is ugly. Did not like the toolbox either. lol
    I was laughing about that after Kim had taken too long with the door the week before. But really she just Mod Podged one piece onto that otherwise perfectly good table. Real decoupage takes at least a couple of weeks and many layers of coating and sanding.

Did the producers make them take the black table back when they toted out the iron one? Because I thought they were allowed to have other items in their display besides the four required items.

Speaking of the black table, was Mitch really that absent minded, or was he unconsciously trying to sabotage his team by insisting the black and not the iron table had been chosen? Really, they only had to earmark 4 items; how hard is that to remember? But after the fact he insisted it was 100% not his fault. That is another reason I would not like to see him win the game.

The striped technique is called "strie," and because Candace knew that, it fit into her "I know what is hot and only approve of the best of everything" self-image. Who cares if it's ugly if the "right" people say it's fashionable and you can beat other people over the head with your "level of taste." Well, I've already posted about her unjustified sense of superiority. I don't like her; enough said.

Kimberly is gone!!!!!!
    Kimberly is gone!!!!!!

Hooray!!!!

Anyways, this was a passable episode. But the main highlight was the elimination of Kimberly (finally!!!)

Mitch did his thing tonight!!!! He was the strongest link (of course) on his teamand he got rid of Kimberly!!! Too bad he and Darlene can't have their own show together. Too bad....

The CBs won again and I'm glad that they were able to do it without Mitch's help.

But of course it remains that Kimberly's eviction was the main highlight tonight!!!!!

That's all!!!
    Get Fantasia's self titled CD, in stores now!!!

I am clueless as to how team Artisan screwed up so badly! (Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they did, I'm rootin' for Darlene...and Kimberley had to GO!)
    I mean, this competition is a once in a lifetime opportunity. How screwed up and disorganized are you, as a team, if you cannot remember which FOUR items you are officially on the hook for? Maybe they thought they were allowed to substitute, I have no idea how something so crucial could be overlooked. Shocking, really.
    Mitch has BS skills up the wazoo. Brilliant, he almost pulled it off too! Candace was like "sure Mitch whatever you say, I'm buying everything your selling me, including that line of crap!"

+ Reply to Thread