+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 02-19-05 Show Discussion ***SPOILERS***

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac
    Tanya sang it in 1972 and Helen sang it in 1973.
    And truth be told, in a brawl Helen woulda kicked Tanya's butt. I AM WOMAN!
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

I messed up taping this show again!!!! I'll have to read this thread and then Texie's recap.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

FORT Fanatic
    [QUOTE=Broadway]Okay, this episode was fun. I actually shopped at one of those *antique* stores before (and just drove past the other as it was right across the street.) They're both on hwy 7 just north of Wilton and I drove by them on nearly a daily basis for a year or so. (forgive me for reminiscing here...) They're both complete holes in the wall, but probably the only place in Litchfield County that you'd find an *antique* for the prices they were looking for.
    QUOTE]

Fairfield County, I think you mean. (I used to live in Wilton. )

Well I love the show

I am not ashamed to admit it.... I love the show! :phhht

I think the idea for the show is an excellent one... it HGTV... meets reality!! I hope Mitch so far.... being the great talker that he is should win hands down!! He is multi-talented and has style.

Darlene on the other hand is sew... nutty... she seems to be concentrating too hard when anyone is speaking to her... she looks a little... dumb!

Kimberley.... girl you were getting on my last nerve!! What with the best friend act!!!! Girl you were there to whip some butt.... not find a friend... you need to get out more!!!

Dawn.... you have no presence!!! You are going to be gobbled up by Mitch and crazy darlene!!!

And who are those other weak links!! the girl with no style and the other mouse!!! What's her name??

The judges.... I love Bobby... but Candace.... you rub me wrong girl.... who died and made you QUEEN....oops that me And that other guy...bald is suppose to me sexy but on you????

Did I say I love the show??

Tanya sang it in 1972 and Helen sang it in 1973.

Out here in Boston only Helen's version got airplay, 'cause there were no country music radio stations out here back then.

So we didn't hear it until Helen sang it.
    I'm in Georgia, and we only heard the Helen Reddy version here too! And speaking of Georgia, Kimberly isn't a redneck; she's what we call a "Dunwoody Debutante" or "Buckhead Betty"...one of the snobby clones that lives in in one of the really "exclusive" areas of Atlanta, or wants to!
    I for one am so sick of smarmy Mitch, and his evil but stupid ally Heather...I am really hoping Darlene manages to win, or failing that Amy (yeah, right) It's not as if I'd actually watch a show hosted by any of them anyway!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

My last post made no sense, because you called Dawn, not Kimberly a redneck
    I don't really get the redneck vibe from Dawn either....maybe you should come to my house and look out any of my windows...I'll show you some real live rednecks!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I'm trying really, really hard to pay attention to this boring, monotone appraiser dude Ron as he tells Team Artisan about their items but all I'm hearing is:

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah . . . always after me Lucky Charms -- they're magically delicious!!!
    Thank you, Pom. I just spit diet coke all over my screen.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

I married a redneck!

I think the only ones that should be in the running to actually win now are Mitch and Darlene. Heather's hats and hairstyles are awful, and what does Amy ever do?? I don't even know anything about her, except that she made a bracelet that looks like something my 6th grade girls would do during our study hall time.
    Also,
    IF there is a WP2, they need to revise the voting off procedure and let it be the judge's decision and not a popularity contest.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

I don't think Candace has good taste and I agree with the person who said she is easily BS'd into buying things. The book shelf with the butter flies from crafty beavers was not nice -- but Candace said it's the kind of thing you look for but can never find. Then there was the iron table, which looked awful; and Mitch convinced her that was best left as it is. I like everything Crafty Beavers did and would be more likely to buy their items than Team Artisan's.

I couldn't stand Kimberely and am glad she is gone. Her and Dawn waste so much time. It would frusterate me to be in the same group as them. And what makes Kimberly think making a flower out of ribbons and placing it on a pillow is such a big deal?

It is so refreshing when the right person gets booted off. Whatever Kimberly thinks of Mitch he at least can complete multiple projects and BS his way into convincing people it is style that is what a style maker does. I know Kimberly thought highly of herself but I did not see her produce and that is what hung her. Mitch was totally right about her project. the judges did not like your flowers before and you are doing them again. Also when Kimberly was asked a direct question about the theme of there estate sale she could have come up with something better than Uhhhh, we didn't have a theme. She looked stupid, as least Mitch can think on his feet.

The only 2 decent contestents left on this show that are at all interesting are Mitch and Darlene.

I have a big probelm with Candance as far as the judging criteria went. The criteria was to have a theme. CB had a 50's theme. Artisans had no theme according to Kimberly although I'm sure Mitch would have thought of something. CB's dressed the part to express the theme the Artisans did not. To me this is just a cute detail. CB increased the value of there items by 200% the Artisans by only 150%. So far CB 2 and Artisans 0. Now for the knowledge part. To my ear it was a toss up but the judges went with Artisans because of Mitch. Therefore CB have 2 and Artsians have 1. CB's win. Where in the criteria does it say 'well they have stuff I would have bought therefore they should win. And I would buy from Mitch therefore Artisans should win. Candace should have that rusty table frame ramped through her head she was a total idiot tonight.

As for next week maybe they will set up a challenge and Denise will be able to come back. I would like to see a 3 way between Mitch, Darlene and Denise.

+ Reply to Thread