+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2/12 Episode Recap "This Old House"

Quote Originally Posted by Texicana
    With absolutely no suspense Dawn cuts Denise loose. The disbelieving looks on the judge's faces speak volumes.
    The close up on David Evangelista (and his perfectly shaped eye brows) said it all...what the hell was Dawn thinking?

I wish the judges had more control over who stays and who goes. If the show is about finding America's next great style maker, shouldn't the so-called experts have more to do in the rock garden besides getting verbal spankings by Mitch when they criticized his God-awful mask?

Submitted for your approval:The Twilight Zone moment of the week presents Mitch and Darlene, with a song in their hearts. Mitch twinkles out a hokey tune at the piano, complete with hillbilly accent. Aren't people supposed to lose their accents when they sing? Apparently an Ozarks savoir faire hangs on with some tenacity. Darlene sings along, second verse same as the first!
    I'm getting Deliverance deja vu all over the place the last few days. That Mitch/Darlene thing was creepiness personified.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Wonderfully snarky recap, Texie!!

Quote Originally Posted by rodsbud
    The close up on David Evangelista (and his perfectly shaped eye brows) said it all...what the hell was Dawn thinking?

I wish the judges had more control over who stays and who goes. If the show is about finding America's next great style maker, shouldn't the so-called experts have more to do in the rock garden besides getting verbal spankings by Mitch when they criticized his God-awful mask?
    I'm mad at myself for not looking at the judges so I missed it!

Quote Originally Posted by Texicana
    Denise continues to fret about the younger women's expertise and energy levels. Is that a guillotine blade twinkling above her head? Hmmm...

Denise puts a stop to the paint peeling project on the doors. She tells the girls to just coat them in some egg-shell colored paint so they wind up looking just like they did before all the paint stripping.

He barters with Kimberly, offering up some molding she could use for the headboard frame in exchange for the staples out of her gun. She strategically offers to just give the staples to him, but goes ahead with a trade.

Mitch decides to sacrifice a tuxedo shirt, cummerbund and bow tie in order to decorate his box. The effect is so charming Mitch wistfully reminisces about his prom date. He fingers the bow tie and calls the package Steve.

Kimberly whips up some flowers out of grey and black ribbons which results in a very bleak and drab gift. Does she think Morticia Addams might be a guest judge?

Mitch explains to Candace that the goal was to create a room that wasn't too comfortable so as to encourage unproductive activity. The space does shriek "Get it done and go!"

Dawn gets downright snotty and confrontational, whining to Mitch that his team all looks down on her and have never respected her for her talent and capabilities. True enough, but completely besides the point.
    Excellent job, Texi

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12