+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 2/12 Show Discussion Thread *spoilers*

Here are my rants, um, I mean, opinions from last nights show:
    A) Why do they only give them one hour to shop? No one ever has to make over 3 rooms with one hour to shop! Give them 2 or 3 and I bet the choices they would make would be much better. They can color coordinate better and really think things through.

B) Get rid of Candace- PLEASE! She needs to quit voicing *her personal style choices*. Like Darlene's wall- personally I was quite impressed with it and never would have thought you could do that. Some will like it- some won't, but what should matter in this show is the ingenuity, craftsmanship, use of supplies bought, etc. not whether it appeals to the *taste* of the judges! There is a fine line that she continually crosses that is unfair to the contestants.

C) Again as above- I didn't care for Kimberly's headboard- to me it was quite plain. Mitches- OTOH- although it looked like a coffin- it was pretty and had a lot of detail. The judges should have really looked at the structure,not the design.

D) I hope Kimberly goes next. How unsportsmanlike to hog the staple guns. What a brat.

E) Get rid of those eliminations. The judges should be taking a more active role in observing the tasks and figuring out who really has the talent to do this. Then let them be the ones to eliminate based on the criteria.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyone

D) I hope Kimberly goes next. How unsportsmanlike to hog the staple guns. What a brat.
    Now whether that staple gun Kimberly had was her own personal tool or what was provided for the Artisan team as material to work with, same as with the CB team...why on God's green Earth should she hand them over to the opposition just because Mitch used up all of theirs? This is a game, isn't it? I wouldn't have handed him a thing I had spare unless it benefited my team.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

I think the major flaw in this show is how people are picked off. I think we are currently left with a bunch of people who lack charisma or style. I find them all boring and can't really imagine any of them in the role of the next great stylemaker. Blah...

Too true. The people that we are left with are those that picked off the more talented, charismatic (for tv purposes) ones. Good luck to whomever decided on the elimination procedure.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Texicana
    Now whether that staple gun Kimberly had was her own personal tool or what was provided for the Artisan team as material to work with, same as with the CB team...why on God's green Earth should she hand them over to the opposition just because Mitch used up all of theirs? This is a game, isn't it? I wouldn't have handed him a thing I had spare unless it benefited my team.
    I was going by the shot of 3 or 4 staple guns sitting there that Kimberly looked at- that were on HER side of the shed that technically Mitch wasn't allowed to go into. That makes me believe the Artisans were hogging them.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by applesauce
    I think the major flaw in this show is how people are picked off. I think we are currently left with a bunch of people who lack charisma or style. I find them all boring and can't really imagine any of them in the role of the next great stylemaker. Blah...
    I totally agree, applesauce, I totally agree.

This facet of the program blows, big-time. It makes no sense. I hardly doubt that the most talented, creative individual will be crowned "Wickedly Perfect."

This stinks!

Quote Originally Posted by applesauce
    I agree wholeheartedly!!!! The last 4 eliminations in this competition were of people who could of won this competition!!! Now all we have left are Kooky Kimberly, Deceitful Dawn, & Manipulative Mitch. If any one of these three win, this show would of done done what it supposed to accomplish. Darling Darlene better win this for us!!!
    Get Fantasia's self titled CD, in stores now!!!

I thought Darlene contributed nothing of value to the competition this week. I was horrified when she started turning the walls into an elementary school art project. Why didn't they just use wall paper which comes in many different types of textures and designs which would have had the same effect and looked much more attractive and professional.

This interior decorating and design task should have been done on the first episode when talent like Tim was still around. That would have been more sensible than spending the first episode having everyone pick hundreds of apples.

I thought it was odd to pit three women against a team of four which consisted of a man who was more skilled at building which gave the team a big advantage. I didn't like anything about Kimberly's plain headboard and bed. I knew her team was going to lose when she wasted so much time on the doors.

Denise did fit that average housewife label perfectly. After all, she did microwave those rubbery eggs that were served to the judges when she supposedly was coming to the rescue when Margo was having a melt down from all the pressure of properly preparing eggs. Other than that fiasco Denise left no lasting impressions on me.

The winner of this series will be Wickedly Imperfect.
    Last edited by sugarlady; 02-14-2005 at 01:37 AM.

I guess I must like black and white, because I liked Kimberly's and Mitch's gift boxes.

I actually liked the interaction between Mitch and Darlene. I think they should both win and co-host a show. I might be more likely to watch that than a show hosted by any of them individually.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvest
    I actually liked the interaction between Mitch and Darlene. I think they should both win and co-host a show. I might be more likely to watch that than a show hosted by any of them individually.
    Excellent idea. And they can get Mychael in to cook for them.

Imagine how much more interesting this show would be right now if we had Mychael and Tom instead of Dawn and Heather.

+ Reply to Thread