+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 02-05-05 Show Discussion ***SPOILERS***

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest
    The main thought I was left with after this episode is that if those cinnamon rolls were such a hit, why didn't CBS just post the recipe on the show's offical website? I'd like to try making them.
    I was just looking at the official website and it is interesting that Mitch only has one item on the "How To" page, his Apple Floral Arrangement from the first episode. Hmmmm

I'm disappointed I won't be able to reproduce Mitch's triumph, the tarantula face mask

*runs off to see if Margo has her famous chicken water soup listed*
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Quote Originally Posted by Texicana
    I'm disappointed I won't be able to reproduce Mitch's triumph, the tarantula face mask

*runs off to see if Margo has her famous chicken water soup listed*
    No, but her Perfectly Poached Egg recipe is listed, thanks to Bobby Flay.

I am shocked to see how few items are listed in the how to section. Is CBS giving up ghost with the show already and just don't give a damn?

The number has certainly dropped off from the more recent episodes. Although if you take Mychael's out completely, the difference isn't so drastic. She had 15 alone in the first episode.

I'm surprised no one noticed that she wiped a plate off with a paper towel, and said she was doing it to make the judges think it was clean. Then a little later in the show, Dawn was feeding her something off her fork, and she said 'oh I forgot you don't like to share forks'. Now, if Kimberly doesn't like to share forks, what makes the b^&$# think someone wants to eat off a dirty plate
    I think she was just wiping off the fingerprints on the edges of the plates, not just wiping them clean. You know, kind of like when you get silverware with spots on them you wonder if they are clean...
    That being said, I'm not a Kimberly fan either...
    ---------------------
    opps....

I tried looking up the recipe for Darlenes chicken wraps. I can't remember what she marinated and cooked the chicken in, and it doesn't have it on the CBS website. Will it? Does anyone remember what she used? It was an asian recipe or does anyone have one similar? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyone
    I tried looking up the recipe for Darlenes chicken wraps. I can't remember what she marinated and cooked the chicken in, and it doesn't have it on the CBS website. Will it? Does anyone remember what she used? It was an asian recipe or does anyone have one similar? Thanks
    The fact that those recipes are not on the CBS website speaks volumes about the quality, taste, and low edible factor rating.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyone

This is the asian marinade I use for stuff and even my youngest child will lick the plate!

2tbs sesame oil
    1/2 can of chicken broth
    garlic to taste
    soy sauce to taste

Whisk it together so the broth and sesame mix well. If you like ginger then put in a pinch. I don't care for it but some people do. You can add or take away ingredients as it suits your taste. I also stir fry in this sauce and add green onions and chicken, snow peas, what ever you like to do.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarlady
    The fact that those recipes are not on the CBS website speaks volumes about the quality, taste, and low edible factor rating.
    You really think so? I'd have to doubt that...considering that Bobby Flay was very pleased with his snack.

Anyway, veering from recipes and what not, I find it interesting that Boxhill confirmed my suspicions that there was no way the inn was normally that dirty. I feel lots better knowing that, somehow

+ Reply to Thread