+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 02-05-05 Show Discussion ***SPOILERS***

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyone
    Anyway, what really bugged me was the way the CB's were able to just take Darlene away from the Artisans. They were down less people because they kept losing, but yet, were able to be rewarded by picking someone. What sense does that make?? It would have been more fair if the Artisans were able to choose someone to go over instead.
    I agreee...not fair that CB's got to pick who they wanted on their team after losing the past two competitions. That almost seems like a reward for losing. When Denise was switched to Team Artisan her name was supposedly drawn at random. Somethings not quite right....

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    And my hand to God, I had no idea you could poach an egg in actual water. I thought you had to have these special little metal cups that sit in the water. No danger of me being on this show any time soon.
    That's how I poach eggs, but according to purists (like Bobby Flay) that is steaming eggs. To technically be called poached, they have to be cooked directly in the water.

When I order eggs in a restaurant, I usually get them scrambled as they tend to mess any other kind up. So Margo isn't alone.

I have a little plastic doohickey that poaches eggs...in the microwave.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    I have a little plastic doohickey that poaches eggs...in the microwave.
    And we're never inviting Bobby Flay to our kitchens, are we AJ?

Are you emailing me your microwave egg recipes and tips, ajane, veej, etal?
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

If Bobby Flay had to feed a picky toddler and and even pickier kindergartener, he'd be buying boxed macaroni and cheese, too. And I have a microwave cookbook, so there, Miss Texie.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest
    The main thought I was left with after this episode is that if those cinnamon rolls were such a hit, why didn't CBS just post the recipe on the show's offical website? I'd like to try making them.

Matt said it was his grandmother's recipe - there's no way I'd share a family recipe thats been handed down either.

AJ I can't stand poaching my eggs in the microwave. I like the yolk runny and my eggs never turn out .. so I just break out the boiling water and vinegar and do it the old fashioned way. My mom had a egg steamer when I was a kid. I loved helping her make poached eggs, to this day it's the only way I eat eggs - unless they are in a cake

The fabled caramel apple recipe from the premiere episode wasn't posted either, if I remember correctly.

Texie, the Caramel Apple recipe is on CBS' website. I'm pretty sure Denise was just being a smart-ass when she said it was her great-great grandmother's recipe. Anyway, here it is in case you're interested. In Denise's own words....

White Chocolate Caramel Apple

A lot of people think to be a culinary whiz you have to be able to make things from scratch. Hopefully, this proves you only have to be able to find in aisles 3, 5 and 11 in the supermarket.

Ingredients
    A tub of caramel from aisle 3
    White Chocolate chips from aisle 5
    Graham cracker crumbs from aisle 11
    Apples from the fruit department
    Popsicle sticks from the craft store

Instructions
    Poke stick in top of apple.
    Heat caramel in microwave.
    Dip apple in caramel and refrigerate.
    Dip apple in white chocolate and immediately in graham cracker crumbs.

Joke or not...those sound tasty I like the snarky directions on where to find the igredients!

+ Reply to Thread