+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 02-05-05 Show Discussion ***SPOILERS***

FORT Newbie
    [QUOTE=shoepie]I totally agree. How can a mother in her 40's not be able to cook eggs?
    QUOTE]

I am sure she knows how to cook eggs. She just does not work well under pressure. I felt bad for her but she clearly is not cut out for the high pressure job that they are giving the winner.

I honestly can't stand Mitch and am not yet fully won over by Darlene, but they're the only two with the minimum amount of skill and personality who could possibly win this thing. Denise is competent but has the personality of a piece of cardboard, and the others are as lame as they come. Really, whose idea was it to have Heather on the show? Amy has proven adept at being able to sniff out a bottle of bourbon. What has Dawn done so far? (So she's a decent receptionist...well, that'll get her an $8 an hour job somewhere.) Kimberly - well, she's built two very nice frames. :rolleyes And proven to be a paranoid beyotch where Margo is concerned. Adorable how she and Dawn have banded together like a couple of junior high cheerleaders.

Who are these people? They're not fit to iron Martha's pillowcases. :phhht
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Fogey
    I could cook eggs with a gun to my head.

I would love that cinnamon roll recipe too!

Organization seems to be the major problem in all these task shows.

Have Margo cook the eggs to order, another is her assistant and one wait on the table. Just didn't seem that hard when it came to breakfast, that was their last chore. They even had 4 so the extra, Kimberly, could have made the poached eggs to help the team win.
    Last edited by shoepie; 02-06-2005 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie

Have Margo cook the eggs to order, another is her assistant and one wait on the table. Just didn't seem that hard when it came to breakfast, that was their last chore. They even had 4 so the extra, Kimberly, could have made the poached eggs to help the team win.
    Unfortunately, Margo wouldn't let Kimberly poach the egg- she wouldn't even listen to her when she was trying to explain how to poach it.
    Anyway, what really bugged me was the way the CB's were able to just take Darlene away from the Artisans. They were down less people because they kept losing, but yet, were able to be rewarded by picking someone. What sense does that make?? It would have been more fair if the Artisans were able to choose someone to go over instead.

FORT Fogey
    I agree Sunnyone. And I got it that Margo sabatoged herself. What a pill.

Someone should have taken over the egg cooking, Margo be damned. Seriously, if it took bonking her over the head with a skillet to get some decent eggs out, do it. Or, she could have just served scrambled eggs, done perfectly, and explained that she was having problems with poached and fried eggs. Better a substitution than messed up eggs like she plated up and sent out.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Margo should've gave up on the eggs and let someone else cook them. Kimberly has to go. I'm surprised no one noticed that she wiped a plate off with a paper towel, and said she was doing it to make the judges think it was clean. :rolleyes Then a little later in the show, Dawn was feeding her something off her fork, and she said 'oh I forgot you don't like to share forks'. Now, if Kimberly doesn't like to share forks, what makes the b^&$# think someone wants to eat off a dirty plate. I found that disgusting. I don't like her, and I hope she goes! :phhht
    Annoy a conservative: think for yourself.
    Myrosiedog

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac
    The gigantic, flabby, pasty, white Qboot swings back and kicks Margo squarely in the butt.

Out she goes!

Good lord Pom, people are going to think I look like the Michelin Man.

This show is driving me nuts. They keep kicking off the person I'm cheering for.

I eat my eggs sunny-side up, so I'm not sure if I could do easy-over or not. My Dad eats them easy-over, and my Mom only breaks the yolks about 10% of the time.

And my hand to God, I had no idea you could poach an egg in actual water. I thought you had to have these special little metal cups that sit in the water. No danger of me being on this show any time soon.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie
    I would love that cinnamon roll recipe too!
    Me, too!

I had to laugh when I saw on the CBS site that "Perfect Poached Egg" was a recipe under Margo's name.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    Good lord Pom, people are going to think I look like the Michelin Man.
    Q, listen, I'm only going by what you told me last season when we were all watching and discussing pasty, white, flabby Kelly on The Apprentice.

Between your descriptions of what you look like and the footage that I got on the spy-cam that I had secretly installed in your bedroom (near the computer) I have to call things like I see 'em.

And DON'T WORRY -- I LOVE YOUR QBOOTS!! I don't care if they're flabby or pasty, all I care about is that you plant them on the right butts at the end of each show!!!

+ Reply to Thread