+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 02-05-05 Show Discussion ***SPOILERS***

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by sugarlady
    Is the Inn normally clean? It looked like the series' producers had people spend a day dirtying up the Inn. I really didn't get the point of showing the contestants doing housekeeping. It would have been more sensible to have this as an interior decorating task instead of maid work and desk duty.
    The Inn is a high end establishment in one of the most expensive and sophisticated towns in Connecticut. Normally, it would be spotless. They must have put a lot of effort into dirtying it up!

I agree that forcing the contestants to spend most of their time doing maid work was pointless. Anyone can clean. They should have been able to spend more time on the creative tasks--and had more creative tasks to do.

Quote Originally Posted by E-Daddy
    No, no, no... this won't do at all!!! Margo, one of the greatest players in this game -- gone!!! This competition has gone to the dogs now. All of the strong players are being elimainated. And to make matters worse, Margo could of pulled off the next task! But one mistake on the wreaths and she's outta here! The eliminations are purely random and anyone can get sucked into them!!!
    Margo was treated harshly but she is a walking disaster who should have never been on this series. I have seen women on local TV shows with more skills and charisma. Some run restaurants and have published books. I saw a lady this morning cooking Louisiana seafood dishes who would have been a much more qualified contestant for this series.

Her whimpering and tears really were out of place. Being a mother does not automatically entitle someone to have a TV show. What would she do on a series like Survivor which requires survivor skills?

Margo is no Barbara B. Smith that's for sure.
    www.bsmith.com/meet/meet.shtml
    Last edited by sugarlady; 02-06-2005 at 12:38 PM.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by queenb
    What? There were a couple of eensy weensy problems that Margo couldn't overcome--
    1) Does not play well with others.
    2) Can. Not.Cook.
    I totally agree. How can a mother in her 40's not be able to cook eggs?

I also want to slap the woman who prepared the chicken pot pie. Though time consuming, it is an easy meal to get right. What was wrong with eggs to go with the fabulous cinnamon roles?

It would have far better for them to check the rooms for cleanliness to make sure the staff cleaned correctly. They could have hidden things for them to catch, ie: dust, under bed and small details.

Still I am enjoying this with all of it's flagrant flaws.

Oh and while I am in the slapping mood, one big fat one to Candace. God, she is annoying.

I agree that forcing the contestants to spend most of their time doing maid work was pointless. Anyone can clean. They should have been able to spend more time on the creative tasks--and had more creative tasks to do.[/QUOTE]

Yep, uh huh, I hate that I don't really get to see their talents just constantly having put out useless fires.

I swear though I know about 50 people who are basically housewifes who could come up with much better stuff then most of these people.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie
    Oh and while I am in the slapping mood, one big fat one to Candace. God, she is annoying.
    I think Candace is gifted.

I mean she takes being annoying to another level and you really have to sit back and appreciate it.

She might be a talented writer, but her opinions are just that on this show, opinions, and she just seems like the high maintainence judge and really I have yet to be impressed with her style too. I am all for Carrie's funky fashion from Sex/City but her outfit last night with the Burberry plaid pants and the floral top was pretty horrifying. Just because it is high end clothing doesn't mean it goes with everything. Those pants speak for themselves and needed NOTHING else with them. Super understated would have been fine with those. She has yet to qualify as a judge to me.

I'm not sure why Team Artisan gave Margo any cooking responsibilites after last week's turkey burger debacle. Its like they were setting her up to fail. The whole TA brunch menu was lame except for Denise's french toast (too bad there wasn't extra syrup.)

Kimberly and Dawn are setting themselves up to self-destruct. They've way underestimated Denise! How dare they call her the weakest link when she's busting her butt to finish the group project.

I'm still not sure why Heather is on the show AT ALL. I haven't seen her complete one successful project. She's riding on the coat tails of Amy, Mitch and now, Darlene. How much longer can this go on?

I want to see a final four showdown between Denise, Mitch, Darlene and Kimberly!

FORT Fogey
    She is NOT a talented writer. I dare you to get thought either of her two books.

Thank you, Pomeraniac and pineapple. I programmed my VCR, but neglected hitting the Timer button on the remote. I noticed it with about 10 minutes remaining.

But between your running commentary and Texie's recap, I'm all caught up.

The main thought I was left with after this episode is that if those cinnamon rolls were such a hit, why didn't CBS just post the recipe on the show's offical website? I'd like to try making them.

+ Reply to Thread