+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 02-05-05 Show Discussion ***SPOILERS***

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac
    Well, piney, our work is done here.

Phew. We survived this crappy show.

Somewhere in Heaven, I know, there'll be a place for us for having gone through this ordeal.

Nice to see you and I'll hope to see you Monday night in The Bachelorette Zone.

Pom
    Yep, I should be there, I hope you'll be able to stay awake for it!

After a few attempts, Margo should have relinquished the kitchen duties. I doesn't say anything bad about you, just having a really bad day!
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    I don't know how to fry an egg, either. Which is why I'm not on this show.
    I think Margo meant well, but she just seemed out of her depth.
    One thing I will say about Margo -- she has gorgeous eyes!!! And she's a mother, for crying out loud, and that counts for something, huh?

I can't imagine a mother (i.e., someone not devoted to the pursuit of this "Perfect Person" goal full time) winning a show like this, so I guess it was inevitable that Margo would eventually get a Qboot.

At least she's got those pretty eyes, and nobody can take 'em away from her.

MRD
    WEll its nice to see the Crafty Beavers found another cook since they got rid of Mychael. Now Darlene can use all her ideas and be the chief cook over at CB.

That chicken pot pie looked disgusting!

I think its funny that Flay had to go looking for people in the kitchen and while in there snuck a roll from the other teams menu.

I'm glad to see Margo leave. She was controlling, wanted to be in charge, yet when she was in charge, things fell flat, ie: turkey burgers, eggs. Let someone help you, that's not a weakness.

Pretty funny that Flay was teaching them how to cook eggs.

About Darlene's h'orderves .. h'oursdevorse ... horsedevours ... uh, FANCY FOOD:

I think if she hadn't of done as much as she did the judges would have criticized them for not having enough ... ! No win situation, in my opinion.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fanatic
    Okay, so now I know that Darlene jumped ship and went to the Crafty Beavers team, where she's been cooking really well.

The judges liked what Darlene made for breakfast, but not the other food (which Darlene's TEAMMMATES, not Darlene, cooked).
    Not exactly. They liked Darlene's welcoming snacks, and at breakfast they LOVED Mitch's cinnamon rolls.

But I have to say that Darlene won me over tonight. She's not the world's best cook, but she certainly jumped in there and produced something that looked nice and tasted reasonably good. Unlike Margo. Ye Gods.....that soup looked liked the blandest thing in the universe. And when you serve soup as an horsd'oeuvres, it should be a pretty, flavorful cream soup--cold or hot-- in a nice little glass or cup that the guest can just drink.

FORT Fanatic
    This is too bizarre. The Roger Sherman Inn is in my home town. As a matter of fact, I spent my wedding night there.

It really isn't in the middle of the woods, the way they've tried to make it seem. It's on one of the major roads in New Canaan, although it is set back somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by mom2
    About Darlene's h'orderves .. h'oursdevorse ... horsedevours ... uh, FANCY FOOD:

Margo should have gone. 8 eggs to come up with a fried egg was a little ridiculous. If you are on this show you should at least know how to fry a dang egg.

And, it was pretty funny when Bobby snagged the cinnamon roll when asking for syrup.

ETA:
    I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but does Denise looke kinda like Joan Lunden or am I insane?
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but does Denise looke kinda like Joan Lunden or am I insane?
    yes and yes j/k I think Denise looks like Joan used to look when she was spunky - not how she looks now, all tight and pinched. I haven't liked one of Joan's outfits yet.
    Candace is a real dolt isn't she?? I don't know how she got her diva postion but um I'd never invite her over and David is as bitchy as they come. I hate to say it but I'm actually liking Bobby Flay. (don't hit me Texi)
    Heather sucks she needs to go. I was really surprised at how well Darlene did without her team pushing her aside. She really came through and she IS a team player. Matt must go. Bobby Flay's ego doesn't match Matt's.
    How about Kimberly and Dawn complaining about Denise's energy and spirit?? That is just odd, if you are going to be the next Martha isn't Super Over Achiever high on the list of prerequisites?
    On team Artisan Denise is the only one I like... and I don't even like her that much.

Denise is a mom, too. And she handles herself under pressure a lot better.
    One thing I will say about Margo -- she has gorgeous eyes!!! And she's a mother, for crying out loud, and that counts for something, huh?

I can't imagine a mother (i.e., someone not devoted to the pursuit of this "Perfect Person" goal full time) winning a show like this, so I guess it was inevitable that Margo would eventually get a Qboot.

At least she's got those pretty eyes, and nobody can take 'em away from her.

+ Reply to Thread