+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 02-05-05 Show Discussion ***SPOILERS***

Maybe they have to get some sort of release signed from Mitch's Granny (if she is living) or authenticate the recipe before sort of publishing it?? Maybe that is the case in a lot of the recipes. I haven't checked out the web site do they have other weeks recipes on there? Michelle/Michael what was her name? She seemed to have a TON of great ones.

[
    Anyway, veering from recipes and what not, I find it interesting that Boxhill confirmed my suspicions that there was no way the inn was normally that dirty. I feel lots better knowing that, somehow [/QUOTE]

That is great to know!! Now I can see them needing to possibly be able to throw together a brunch or serve guests and make a guest room look comfy with little notice, but REALLY what did it do to make them filthy? It didn't showcase any skills, and it took away from what could have been possibly better food and presentations. I still wish they would make the competitions where they get to really show off skills.

I agree, being hotel maids really stretches the limits of what the show is about, style and being the ultimate entertainer. Don't most of these people have maids and help to tackle the really dirty jobs. I can't picture Martha and her ilk scrubbing toilets.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Ok, no wait, wait, I could never before picture Martha scrubbing toilets, but when I read your post, it hit me the actual visual, because she actually IS scrubbing them now IN PRISON!!!!

Sorry, your post just gave me a real tickle!

It would have been nice to see Mitch using his floral design skills to decorate the Inn. I was not impressed with Mitch's rolls because I once had a fetish for pecan cinnamon rolls and ODed on them at local bakeries that specialized in sticky buns which looked much more appetizing. I was not looking for a light roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Texicana
    Bobby Flay was very pleased with his snack.

I find it interesting that Boxhill confirmed my suspicions that there was no way the inn was normally that dirty. I feel lots better knowing that, somehow
    Darlene only rearranged the food dishes that had been served earlier. Apparently, Bobby Flay does not have such a gourmet taste for freshly prepared dishes after all.

There are some recipes listed for dishes prepared by Darlene. She spent more time freshly preparing a gourmet meal for Candace’s Doggie Bone
    dish. I thought Mitch had done all the cooking for the dog and did not see Darlene serve this dish to the dog.
    Last edited by sugarlady; 02-08-2005 at 01:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarlady
    There are some recipes listed for dishes prepared by Darlene. She spent more time freshly preparing a gourmet meal for Candace’s Doggie Bone
    dish. I thought Mitch had done all the cooking for the dog and did not see Darlene serve this dish to the dog.
    Mitch made the beef vegetable soup that was requested by Candace. If you read Darlene's description, she made the doggie bone as a surprise to go with Candace and hubby's midnight snack.

Mitch has not posted anything since Episode 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Understood
    This is the asian marinade I use for stuff and even my youngest child will lick the plate!

2tbs sesame oil
    1/2 can of chicken broth
    garlic to taste
    soy sauce to taste

Whisk it together so the broth and sesame mix well. If you like ginger then put in a pinch. I don't care for it but some people do. You can add or take away ingredients as it suits your taste. I also stir fry in this sauce and add green onions and chicken, snow peas, what ever you like to do.
    Thank you for taking the time to post this! I am not much of a cook, and this sounds easy enough for me!

This thread is one that's specifically for the perfectionist's project and recipe discussion:

The Perfectionist's Recipes & Crafts

For recipes and recipe swapping, please check out the recipe thread in General Discussion
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Thanks, just wanted to be sure to answer the question posed about the recipe on the show that couldn't be found and didn't know if the poster would check the other forum.

+ Reply to Thread