+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wickedly Perfect Rants

FORT Regular

Wickedly Perfect Rants

Okay...I like reality TV. But I don't watch everything they through on TV just because TV guide says it's a reality show. But I am giving this show a shot, because my wife is somewhat crafty and it's something we can watch together (I loathe Oprah and she loathes CSI).

That being said, Mark Brunette needs to be producing this show. It has all the potential of Survivor but just isn't living up!

First rant: The judges. Get rid of those pompous a$$es. Can't stand 'em. I don't know their names, but I wonder if the producers told them to act like they ruled the world. Yeah, yeah, you are the best of the best within your field...I got it already.

Second rant: Elimination. Find a better way to do it. It's completely hokie. Come up with something original. Even the "TEAM" theme is old. Especially with this show because you could spend no time helping your team and all the time working on your individual project and you would be safe from elimination.

Third rant: Individual projects. The entire elimination hinges on these projects and yet we rarely get to see anything more than a few quick glimpses of the judges looking at them. I think the entire show should be about individual projects, but maybe they couldn't fill an hour that way, which brings me to my

Fourth rant: Too long! How much superfluous sh...tuff can they put in a show to stretch it to an hour. I would refuse to watch this show live. At least on TiVo, I can press the skip forward button every so often.

Fifth rant: Casting. Sure they had to pick creative people who might be able create a fancy toilet in the woods. But come on...these people are awful. I would much rather see 12 random, dynamic people thrown in a house regardless of their creative or artistic abilities and watch them struggle to accomplish some wickedly perfect tasks than to watch Mitch cry about how someone called his mask ugly.

I want to like this show. I really do. I part of me does. But what I hate most is that it has potential and it just isn't being done right (imo).

At any rate, there are my five rants. Let's hear yours.

I'm sort of with you on the individual projects...I think it would have been better to drop the whole team thing, and have judges - not co-competitors, what works for Survivor isn't working here - eliminate people based on their contribution to one large group project. I hate the method of elimination - this show (again, unlike Survivor) is supposed to be about who's going to be the next great stylemaker, not who's the biggest threat to the lameasses in the group. I'm dumbfounded someone as weak as Heather is still there while Mycheal was booted.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I don't like the elimination process (teammates voting).

I don't like the judges way of voting..or the process.. I can see them voting a certain way simply cuz they like someone better than the other, or one team over the other. Maybe the challenges and the finished projects should be unknown as to which team/person did it..then they vote.

They should also give them a better timeframe.

Also, I am SO interested in knowing how much was spent on __fillinblank__. When they're alloted $5000 for camping equipment, I want to know what they spent their money on, why.. and so on.. There should be a checklist that the viewers get to see. I'd like that.

$150 on pillows
    $50 on wood
    $1500 on fake fur to glue to shirts
    $3500 on toilet/seat.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack
    I want to like this show. I really do. I part of me does. But what I hate most is that it has potential and it just isn't being done right (imo).
    I am with you on this. I really want to like this show, but each week I come away disappointed.

I like the team projects, but I think they need to be structured differently. They need to have a designated team leader that bears more responsibility for the outcome (like Apprentice). The judging also need a complete revamp. I would like to see them have guests at a dinner party, or other event, rate the teams on various aspects of the group project. That way the weaker links on specific areas in a group would be identified and leadership skills would be rewarded.

The voting off absolutely does NOT work the way it stands.

Great idea for a show ---- horrible execution.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Nobody has caught that I went over budget yet?
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Ok, maybe it's not the best way to run the show, but I'm addicted.

Then again, it reminds me of a crazy Survivor filled with a bunch of Martha Stewarts...
    Favorite Reality Tv Quote Ever:
    "You have to do it. You have to accomplish your dreams." - Charla, The Amazing Race 5

I don't like the voting out process either.
    And why are are the judges there at the elimination? It would've been much interesting if the judges would at least be able to over-rule the decision by the team, and not just stand/sit looking there useless.

I have to say that even though I am enjoying the show for the most part, I do agree with each of crackerjacks rants.

The individual project issue is probably the thing that irritates me the most.
    Mitch tinkering with his ugly mask for so long last week was probably the most we've ever seen anybody at work on their individual projects.

The voting system is annoying too, so played out.
    Much as I dislike the snotty judges I think I'd rather they just decided who was booted instead of having the others vote.

Joan Lundeen is really mis cast as the moderater
    Support the FORT - Go Green

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Well you have your first rant wish already. I guess you don't need the rest.

Mark Brunette will be producing a special version of the Apprentice with the Queen of Crafty herself Martha Stewart ( post slammer).Casting is in progress as we speak. Kinda puts this dog in perspective ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast