+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Wickedly Perfect Rants

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Understood
    What I hate about this show is the challenges are not real to show casing the talents that would truly be used in a show or a book. NO ONE will ever try to run a B&B with just 4hrs and what ever happens to be handy. I can appreciate that they can make the best of it, but who has ever turned on GMA, TODAY, OPRAH and seen Martha, Colin Cowie or anyone saying well in case you need to run a B&B with no warning here is what you should serve and how to tend to guests who are trying to be difficult. I hate this about the show. Really!!!

Why can't they just give them challenges that will really show case what they will truly be doing? Do an extravagant childrens birthday party, Choices for the picky bride in things like cakes, table decor,flower design, favors, or how about give us something new for Thanksgiving a twist or something, Superbowl party with flair, Plan a mock Oscar after party for stars??? I for one will never need to know how to serve a crappy brunch with ready available ingredients. Let them really showcase their talents and give us viewers something we can use.
    Great point! The first couple of challenges were interesting challenges but the past two have been so out-there. I'd LOVE to see a wedding or kids party as a future project.

I would even be happy with some sort of here are a bunch of gifts that are hard to wrap, you have X amount to spend creatively wrap these gifts. It could be a motorcycle, a guitar and regular stuff too. Also, it would be fun to give each a christmas tree and a banister and tell them to do their thing and let them draw out a "theme" from a jar, ie old world, contempoary, victorian, santa, whatever, that would be fun too.

If I had to count how many times I've had to remodel my carriage house in 48 hours with only $15,000.00 to spend...
    Or how many times I've wanted to throw a posh camp-out in the woods with only $5000.00 to blow...
    Thank God this show came along. It TRULY meets my needs.
    Well, I should be going. I've got 3000 apples to incorporate into a living work of art. (Hubby just finished the frame!) Yippee!!

Was this sarcastic and bitchy enough or should I call in Candace Bushnell for a lesson?
    I hope Martha's new Apprentice spin-off is all I'm dreaming it will be.
    One neat idea would be to give everyone access to a supply of (whatever)
    and just see what projects or recipes or ideas they come up with.
    Running a bed & breakfast? Well, if I was America's new "stylemaker" I'd hope that was a full time job, dang it!

FORT Regular
    I figured it out. This show is just not FUN. It's not that's it's even boring really. It's just not fun. No one looks like they are having fun. I quit watching...I'll check out Martha's Apprentice spin-off and hope it's fun.

My biggest rant about this show would be the constantly revolving door of contestants switching back and forth between teams! WHY HAVE TEAMS IF EVERYONE HAS SWITCHED TEAMS?? Darlene was on TA and is now on CB; Mitch was on CB and is now on TA...who's going to have allegiance to a new team when they are fighting against people they bonded with?

And as Mitch said, winning the competition's "prize" was being traded off?! WTF?! Some prize; where's the snazzy car that Denise won on the very first show? As some pundit HERE said, they probably blew the whole shows budget on that one costly prize...and Denise isn't even in the picture any longer.

Keep the teams as they are and if someone HAS to be sent over, then let the team that's losing the member vote off the person going to the other side.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Quote Originally Posted by lambikins
    And as Mitch said, winning the competition's "prize" was being traded off?! WTF?! Some prize; where's the snazzy car that Denise won on the very first show? As some pundit HERE said, they probably blew the whole shows budget on that one costly prize...and Denise isn't even in the picture any longer.
    Someone is coming back this week and it could be Denise. So, she may not be completely out of the picture just yet.

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    what gets me most is the number of "scrapbook" projects which both David and Candace have trashed over the weeks and then when asked to "restore" antiques one of them has to a Collage....that is just scrapbooks on wood....did they know how the judges felt when they picked this project (which would be cruel...) or was it that they just were unaware of the feelings of those they picked to choose the winning team..(which would mean the producers were incompetent.....) Either way, the cut and paste paper furniture which is very trendy ....wasn't a hit with any of the judges.....

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    I hated this show and am so mad at myself for watching every episode. I hated the judges, hated the winner, hated the host. I just felt it was set-up poorly and slapped together. The time constraints were impossible and the judges were always looking for too much-- like what do you expect to happen in 48 hours on zero sleep? Don't even get me started on the elimination process. Candance Bushnell is a witch who thinks she is way hotter than she is. I wanted to take by the shoulders at one point in the last episode and say, "Girlfriend, is it that important to be stylish? You can barely walk in those stillettos."

Darlene was robbed.

Quote Originally Posted by dvm
    I hated this show and am so mad at myself for watching every episode. I hated the judges, hated the winner, hated the host. I just felt it was set-up poorly and slapped together. The time constraints were impossible and the judges were always looking for too much-- like what do you expect to happen in 48 hours on zero sleep? Don't even get me started on the elimination process. Candance Bushnell is a witch who thinks she is way hotter than she is. I wanted to take by the shoulders at one point in the last episode and say, "Girlfriend, is it that important to be stylish? You can barely walk in those stillettos."

Darlene was robbed.

Very Well Said.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345