+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wickedly Perfect Rants

Having worked at a hotel I can understand where Candace was coming from with bringing her own sheets from home.. FROM HOME! Not brand new, still in the package, dipped in formaldahyde to retain the colour, stiff with starch to show the weave, sheets. An obvious set up.
    I think my main rant with this show is how dumb they think the people watching are.

peachroses

martha stewart's new show

I am wondering if Martha Stewart's new show will be similar to Wickedly Perfect. My biggest rant has already been mentioned. They put so much emphasis on the individual projects and we hardly get to see them.. This last week I don't remember seeing any of the crafty beavers projects. I would have loved to see the cigar box that Tim made out of brownies.... oh well....
    Because I said so ....

FORT Fogey
    I want that cinnamon roll recipe!

FORT Regular
    A lot of great comments. I am glad to see that a lot of people are in agreement with me on my rants. I agree wholeheartedly with the person (Bo3b) who said the show's prize is what makes the elimination process such a disaster.

I have been thinking about how to tweak the show and I think following the "Apprentice" model might actually work, as some people here have suggested. First, have a project leader who organizes the project. Send the judges to observe each team while they work. Then have the losing project leader choose the two who helped the least and let the judges grill them about their projects then eliminate someone. Also, the competitions could be a bit more clear cut as to a winner and loser. For example the bed and breakfast task could have had surveys from actual non-judge customers who stayed there. Right now, it's so subjective that the judges have too much control.

I bet this show gets renewed for a second season with a lot of changes next time around...

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie
    I want that cinnamon roll recipe!
    I went to the official CBS-WP website, clicked on "Community", then "Ask How", and submitted a request to Mitch to put it on the "How-To" part of the website. Maybe if more ask, he might do it.

If you want a laugh, while you're on the "Ask How" page, read Denise's answer to how to decorate for the prom. Prom-goers sitting around forming silly sentences from words on confetti. And those poor goldfish will never last the night.

FORT Fogey
    Thanks, I just requested the cinnamon recipe too. Anyone else wanting it, do the same and I bet we will get it.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie
    I cannot stand this woman but the judges all got together and staged difficult guests. I doubt she cooks for her dog or has to sleep on her own sheets any more than Flay arrived late because of scheduling problems. This was all a set up. I bet Candace was tipped to call the front desk by a producer, as well.
    I had to laugh when Candace gave her the bed sheets still in the original package. I was surprised she didn't ask her to prewash them for her, too.
    "Nothing intoxicates some people like a sip of authority."

Oops - I forgot to list my first official gripe:

Who the heck put Joan in a sparkley pantsuit out in a frigid garden last week? Even the judges were wearing jeans! I was too distracted by the sequins to pay attention to the booting ceremony.

My second gripe:

Which casting agent thought these people were potential trendsetters? I have thrown fabulous dinner parties and events by myself and for a fraction of the cost and have been more creative, organized and well-put-together than either of the teams have been. I wish they would have a week where I could walk on and single-handedly compete against the rest of them in a challlenge.
    "Nothing intoxicates some people like a sip of authority."

The weather channel is more interesting than this crapfest.

Quote Originally Posted by veejer
    If you want a laugh, while you're on the "Ask How" page, read Denise's answer to how to decorate for the prom. Prom-goers sitting around forming silly sentences from words on confetti. And those poor goldfish will never last the night.
    I've seen this type of decor before and the fish made it through the night just fine. Also, the idea about confetti words is great for junior high and high school events (even college). Keeps them entertained and out of trouble!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast