+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wickedly Perfect Rants

FORT Fogey
    oh ok

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo3b
    Well, IMHO, the main reason the elmination method is flawed is because of what the prize is. If the prize were just money, then letting the contestants whittle away at the strongest players and letting the most mediocre, middle of the road, vanilla, white bread boring contestent win (just like they do on Survivor) would be accpetable.

However, when the prize is to be crowned "America's Next Great Stylemaker", you can't possibly hope to get anyone great....you'll get voted off for being good!
    Right on, Bo3b!! I agree with you completely. I think that's the main reason that I've had a hard time tuning into this show on a regular basis.

I hated the "voting component" of a recent show called The Biggest Loser, and so I stopped watching that one, too.

I agree with you completely when you say,
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo3b
    when the prize is to be crowned "America's Next Great Stylemaker", you can't possibly hope to get anyone great....you'll get voted off for being good!

MRD
    My rant is about Candace. Who died and appointed her bitch queen from hell?

She irritates the crap out of me. I don't care how much money I had or how freaking famous I was, there is no way I'd order someone to go boil vegetables for my DOG! I treat my dogs well, very well. But I would never have hotel staff cooking for my freaking dog! HELLO! They make dogfood. Even high end dogfood. If I gave my dog boiled vegetables, he'd fart all night all over those fancy sheets I BROUGHT FROM HOME! What was up with that? How damn snooty do you have to be???? That's ridiculous!

I'm sorry, even if Sex and the City was THE show to watch for years, she doesn't have the last word on what's hot and what's not. And neither does David. Can't stand either one of those queens.

I can't believe I would say I actually like pretentious Bobby Flay, but I do.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog

She irritates the crap out of me. I don't care how much money I had or how freaking famous I was, there is no way I'd order someone to go boil vegetables for my DOG! I treat my dogs well, very well. But I would never have hotel staff cooking for my freaking dog! HELLO! They make dogfood. Even high end dogfood. If I gave my dog boiled vegetables, he'd fart all night all over those fancy sheets I BROUGHT FROM HOME! What was up with that? How damn snooty do you have to be???? That's ridiculous!
    I agree with you there, myrosiedog, and I'm a big fan of my dogs, too.

I agree that Candace is a wicked %itch! She sucks. I hope she reads this.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog

I'm sorry, even if Sex and the City was THE show to watch for years, she doesn't have the last word on what's hot and what's not. And neither does David. Can't stand either one of those queens.

I can't believe I would say I actually like pretentious Bobby Flay, but I do.
    I bought and tried to read the book by Candace. It is nothing like the TV show. They had to buy the idea from her but that is where everything ended. Her writing is terrible and the content grim.

I cannot stand this woman but the judges all got together and staged difficult guests. I doubt she cooks for her dog or has to sleep on her own sheets any more than Flay arrived late because of scheduling problems. This was all a set up. I bet Candace was tipped to call the front desk by a producer, as well.

This show needs the judges to watch the action. Margo should have been admonished for not paying attention to the advice about vinegar and and Kimberly (?) should have been busted for not offering that infomation with respect and an explanation as to why it wont work without it. She was out to fail and boot Margo. Her attitude will be her demise.

I am agreeing with the Candice bitch thing. What I hate about this show is the challenges are not real to show casing the talents that would truly be used in a show or a book. NO ONE will ever try to run a B&B with just 4hrs and what ever happens to be handy. I can appreciate that they can make the best of it, but who has ever turned on GMA, TODAY, OPRAH and seen Martha, Colin Cowie or anyone saying well in case you need to run a B&B with no warning here is what you should serve and how to tend to guests who are trying to be difficult. I hate this about the show. Really!!!

Why can't they just give them challenges that will really show case what they will truly be doing? Do an extravagant childrens birthday party, Choices for the picky bride in things like cakes, table decor,flower design, favors, or how about give us something new for Thanksgiving a twist or something, Superbowl party with flair, Plan a mock Oscar after party for stars??? I for one will never need to know how to serve a crappy brunch with ready available ingredients. Let them really showcase their talents and give us viewers something we can use.

It is too bad Michael/Michelle (?) is gone she seemed to really have great things to do in a kitchen. Oh well!

Well said ... the competitions rarely have anything to do with the whole purpose of the show.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Joan Lunden is so stiff, and it drives me nuts at the end of the rock garden ceremony, when she tells the contestant who is staying that they are safe for another week. It may be a week on tv, but it is actually only a few days.

MRD
    [QUOTE=Miss Understood]

Why can't they just give them challenges that will really show case what they will truly be doing? Do an extravagant childrens birthday party, Choices for the picky bride in things like cakes, table decor,flower design, favors, or how about give us something new for Thanksgiving a twist or something, Superbowl party with flair, Plan a mock Oscar after party for stars??? I for one will never need to know how to serve a crappy brunch with ready available ingredients. Let them really showcase their talents and give us viewers something we can use. QUOTE]

I totally agree. I am more likely to throw a birthday party or in a few years a wedding than I am likely to be asked to run a B&B at a moments notice. I want to see the individual projects and if not on tv, then on the website.
    I think the dinner party has been the only thing that most viewers would be likely emulate (except for the mime) than any of the other challenges. I mean, unless I buy an orchard, I am not likely to have 3000 apples at my disposal to decorate and entertain with and I really don't see me and my dh doing "living" art to entertain our friends after dinner one night.

I think they need real challenges. LIke the one I faced this morning: how to get 2 tsp. of pepto bismal into a 25 pound dog. Now the white dog is pink, my nerves are shot and all I've managed to get done this morning is medicate the dog and make him bland boiled chicken and rice per the vet. I really needed Mitch to get his tookus over here and cook for my dog!
    And to think that before the dog got sick I had planned to learn to fry eggs, make a fruit wreath and turn my dining room into a french bistro. Dammit, there is just not enough time in the day to be creative!

If the premise of the show is to find the next great entertainment and lifestyle expert, then the ability to throw together a fabulous brunch and set a scene for a party, right down to the seasonal decor, is what's expected of them. It may not be how the average person entertains, but average isnt' what Martha Stewart or even B. Smith aims for.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast