+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 1/29 Discussion thread *Spoilers*

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by gracie727
    I wonder who is going to be switched over to the Crafty Beavers next week? Darlene would be an interesting choice to go, as would either Kimberly or Margo. I don't know if any of them would get along with Mitch.
    I'd love to see Mitch and Darlene together. Two Drama Queens trying to out idea everyone.

As for Margo. I used to like her. Now I've decided she's just a sneaky bitch. And her ideas are mediocre. They might play in the suburbs at the neighbors backyard barbeque, but mediocre suburbanite style is not what the judges are looking for for the new "style maven" on tv.

There was a commercial a few years ago showing Martha Stewart tiling her swimming pool with credit cards. While it was a commercial where she poked fun at herself. It's that kind of over the top ideas that we expect to see on a style show. And none of these contestants have those kinds of ideas. I can go to my local Michael's Craft Store and get their ideas from the craft of the week table.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata
    What was interesting is how Darlene is being absorbed by the group and how Margo is becoming the villian. I am looking forward to Kimberly vs MArgo round 2.
    I think Kimberly is the villian in this scenario. She is soooooooo jealous of Margo. Why do you think it is Margo that is the villian?
    Get Fantasia's self titled CD, in stores now!!!

I really don't see a demand for eight more episodes of this sorry excuse of a search for a new TV personality. I agree that most of the contestants just seem like ordinary housewives. Martha Stewart has worn many different hats even prior to becoming famous. Martha was a model, stock broker, and a caterer during her early career.

I expect this series to be canceled. I don't think it will have high enough ratings to remain on the air for another two months of fickle mediocrity.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Texaspet

Hey, did anyone else see a Tom Cruise lookalike in the crowd at the museum, or was that just a trick of my poor, tired flu-addled brain?
    Yes, I noticed him too. My first thought though, was how a guy who was in the audience at a "Tony & Tina's Wedding" performance I attended, looked even MORE like Tom Cruise. He had a big smile on his face & man, did he look like Tom.

FORT Fan
    I guess I wouldn't be surprised if it is cancelled either. Saturday night is usually a terrible night for shows to "make it."

Quote Originally Posted by sugarlady
    It's too bad the tasteless judges can't be voted off by the viewing audience. The crowd was clapping for the Crafty Beavers and much more animated not bored during the challenge. The explanation of the art influences and purpose of the Crafty Beavers' display was a much more interesting story. The body painting and original artwork was beautiful and not even acknowledged by the judges. The team should have also been rewarded for the complete group presentation. Team Artisan was not able to budget for costumes for the whole group and had no creative ideas or time to include at least one other member or for makeup and hairstyling. Again Team Artisan should have been penalized for not completing all elements.

I respectfully disagree I was bored with CB's live painting and so were the audience. There was no story to it. It was also too busy in the painting. It would have been much better to have one woman with two men, with her going back and forth between them. The Artisan group only put 3 women in because more wouldn't fit, not because they didn't budget for costumes, which were all done from scratch. If they had another one in- it would have been too busy as well and the story would have been lost. (if I remember right- only one of the costumes needed to be from scratch) I am not sure what element they didn't finish, maybe you could say? (I can't remember all of the details). I also didn't like the CB's frame. It was beautiful, but didnt' match the theme and the details didn't stand out on it.

Mychael has been criticized for being one dimensional because she excelled in cooking. Well, I wouldn't describe any of the remaining contestants as exhibiting a vast array of talents or even excelling in one specialty area.

I just read a recap of yesterday's episode and I am NOT convinced that Margo is the villiain. It is Kimberly. She wants all of the credit but does no work. Kimberly didn't even color the frame and Margo & Denise had to do it for her. Then when Margo gave credit to herself for doing some of the frame, Kimberly blew up. What a hypocrite Kimberly is!!! :phhht

With the CB's skit- I also got the feeling that they didn't practice it- they were just sort of winging it, and I found it odd to watch. The costumes were cool and the painted guys was cool as well. There was no beginning to end, where the Artisans had a complete story that one could follow. I disagree with coming down so hard on them about the hair though- their costumes were beautiful and it all came together nicely. I can't stand these judges!

I agree!!! I loved Artisan's art. The costumes were wonderfully done! The story was top-notch too!!!! CB's art was only ok -- there was nothing special about it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast