+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 1/29 Discussion thread *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Faithfully
    Note to Mitch, you don't want to make enemies in a profession your trying to get into because believe me they do remember. I suggest you grow a thicker skin. :rolleyes
    Also if I recall correctly that guest judge was the stylist on Sex in the City and she has won several Emmys. I think that has entitled her to some snide remarks.

FORT Fogey
    Poor Tim.

The previews showed a judge complaining about eggs next week? Could there be COOKING??!! Ought to be fun to watch!

It's too bad the tasteless judges can't be voted off by the viewing audience. The crowd was clapping for the Crafty Beavers and much more animated not bored during the challenge. The explanation of the art influences and purpose of the Crafty Beavers' display was a much more interesting story. The body painting and original artwork was beautiful and not even acknowledged by the judges. The team should have also been rewarded for the complete group presentation. Team Artisan was not able to budget for costumes for the whole group and had no creative ideas or time to include at least one other member or for makeup and hairstyling. Again Team Artisan should have been penalized for not completing all elements.

I only watched because I thought there was going to be a pay back loss for the Crafty Beavers after the backstabbing of Mychael. I was correct even without a cooking segment but once again I thought the team was cheated out of a deserved win . My second favorite person on the show was cut. I think Tim would be great on a remodeling or home makeover type show.

I can't bear the thought of more weeks of elementary school type bickering by talentless Team Artisan.

The guest judge this week looked like a clown school reject and an extra from a Queen Victoria era movie except the women from that time period managed to look much better even in lead based makeup. She would have been perfect for the role Minnie Driver plays in Andrew Lloyd Webber's The Phantom of the Opera.

Here are a few thoughts on this episode!!!

Kudos to Artisan!!! I LOVED their live work of art!!!

Kimberly rubbed me the wrong way in this episode and I no longer like her anymore. She is soooooooooo jealous of Margo and its eating her up!!! I think Kimberly is scared of Margo. I hope she's goes soon -- I don't want to see a stylemaker like her on TV. Kim now joins the ranks of Linda (Benefactor) & Ivana (Apprentice 2) for being so jealous of Margo. I have my eyes on Kim for the rest of the competition.

Mitch rubbed me the wrong way too. He's playing to lose. Fortunately it didn't backfire on him (like it did with Wes on Apprentice 2 when he dumped Kelly from his team) but he's got to remember first things first -- play to win!!!

All in all, a good episode!!!
    Get Fantasia's self titled CD, in stores now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sugarlady
    I can't bear the thought of more weeks of elementary school type bickering by talentless Team Artisan.
    The only person that was bickering in this episode was Kimberly. Margo was calm, cool, & collected and gave credit to Kim where it was due even during Hurricane Kimberly. Darlene was fine in this episode and I have more respect for her now. She did an excellent job on the costumes! Denise was fine too. So the only person that this applies too was Kimberly.
    Get Fantasia's self titled CD, in stores now!!!

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata
    The frame on individual merit CB's looked better. But according to the judges criteria they had to suit the theme of the tableau. If the CB's had painted their frame black, pink and white or some combination to match their costumes that would have been a big plus. The Artisans also had a story which we saw parts of that the audience could follow and that won that part of the contest. If CB's had a little story that the audience could follow then they would have won. David or was it Candance mentioned that CB's had lost the audience and part of the challenge was to entertain not bore the audience and CB's did not do that.

Mitch is a bitch. I think the one judge called him on that he was all style and no substance and even Mitch has mentioned before that the overall idea is better than getting all the little individual pieces done and that is why he is not going to win.
    Pink frame? When was the last time you went to an art museum and saw a Toulouse-Lautrec painting in a pink frame? I think the CBs were trying to make it look like an actual painting--and succeeded.

The oohs and ahs from the audience when the CB's tableau was revealed didn't seem to indicate boredom. Of course, we didn't see the whole thing, but I found it infinitely more interesting to look at the CB's tableau and enjoy each clever movement, than to follow the totally predictable course of the Artisan's cutesy, you've-come-a-long-way-baby routine. (Margo's idea sounded a lot more interesting to me.)

I agree that Mitch is a bitch, but I find it bizarre that he is criticized for having "style not substance" in a......style contest! Especially by people associated with Sex and the City. I think my irony meter just broke.

Since last night's episode has already been summed up by the previous posters, I won't recap....but here are some of my observations...

1-Mitch is a bitch. Old news, I know. I hope he gets booted before he backstabs someone who really deserves to win. Mychael got backstabbed by him, but I didn't think Mychael deserved to win...her talent didn't seem to extend past the kitchen and its not a contest to find the next great American chef.

2-Artisans project was hokey, but there was more substance to it than the CB's project. They kept the audience's attention for longer and the costumes were more elaborate. They won by a thread (no pun intended) but they deserved it. CB's was flashy but faded quickly.

3-Poor Margo is one unhappy camper. I give her one more week.

4-Amy's comment about housewives pissed me and most of the viewing audience off. Martha Stewart was a housewife, too, before she started her own catering business.

5-What is Heather's talent? Why is she still on the show? Why is she on the show in the first place?

6-Denise is still my pick!

FORT Fogey
    the ooh's and aah's from the crowd were in the reveal. The judges admitted that the Crafty Beavers had a really beautiful work of art, but it lost something after a while, because there was no real story to it.

I thought Margo's idea was awful... totally uninteresting. As far as having style over substance.... If you're gonna have a television contract, you need to have some substance. No one will watch it for very long otherwise.

I didn't like Amy's comment about housewives either--where does she think the audience comes from? Just to show how much she knows, her team lost. Mitch is another huge ego on this show that deserves to be slapped down a little. He actually went out of his way to show off that "creature from the black lagoon" mask, thinking it was going to drive the competition into a jealous frenzy. When he got all sulky and childish to the judges, I thought he should be automatically put up with the two being voted off.
    I love watching these people patting themselves on the back every week, bragging on themselves constantly, and then when their stuff is voted as not good enough, they get a little shot of reality.

FORT Fogey
    I wonder who is going to be switched over to the Crafty Beavers next week? Darlene would be an interesting choice to go, as would either Kimberly or Margo. I don't know if any of them would get along with Mitch.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast