+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 1/29 Discussion thread *Spoilers*

FORT Newbie
    A few comments about tonight's episode:

- bad, bad judgement. The women throughout the ages tableau was a snorefest. Ordinary costumes, ordinary theme. Anytime Darlene is involved, it turns out looking like something from a Kmart catalog.

- Joan Lunden's costume. Is she trying to be a living tableau of a lighthouse in the dark? somewhere, a sequinned sheep is missing its coat.

- that monster mask WAS ugly. It was creative, though, so I'd vote it in the top two.

- Neither frame was interesting, but Team Artisan's was more boring. See Kmart catalog page 45.

- I would love to see how Mychael would have handled a task like this, without food. She's an extremely talented chef, but I never got the idea that she could do anything else.

- Tim's hidden talents - a nice chest And cute ditty singing.

- The best part of the show for me - laughing at Patricia Field at a Greenwich old money party. She SO doesn't fit into that crowd (though neither does SATC writer gal, who is a total upstart).

- I actually miss Flay!

What was it they called Candace Bushnell in this episode? "Cultural Expert"? Bleh . . they could get Matt Groening for that.

Personally, I would have been happy to see Mitch go. I just don't like his "Better than Thou" attitude, though he does seem to have some talent. And Darlene . . sheesh! Do you think she practices double takes and reaction shots in the mirror?

Feeling uncharacteristically grumpy tonight . . .

FORT Regular
    The judges have ABSOLUTELY NO CLUE.

2 wins in a row for Team Artisan when their group presentation WAS NOT AS CREATIVE as the crafty beavers :phhht . I mean, they served RAW FOOD in the camping challenge. That should have eliminated them completely. Then, their framed skit tonight was a TOTAL bore and too typical for a group of women. Crafty Beavers were so much more dramatic and interesting!!!!

With the way the judges are going (and the fact that Mychael has already been eliminated) I could care less what entertainment venture the "winner" will have planned. The people that are still in the game, don't deserve to be there. So whoever "wins" will have no credibility whatsoever.

FORT Fan
    I think Mitch learned tonight that sometimes when someone makes a comment that is rude or hurtful it's best to let it go. If you bring it up, the person, instead of apologizing or saying something to make you feel better, might say something additional that is rude or hurtful as in this case, "You're flash & not substance" (or words to that effect).

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Luv2Scrapbook

2 wins in a row for Team Artisan when their group presentation WAS NOT AS CREATIVE as the crafty beavers :phhht . .
    I was stunned by the judges' decision. The CB's frame was SO much more creative and beautiful and clever than the Artisans'...I'm just amazed. Someone--was it Amy? siad that the Artisans vs the CBs was basically a bunch of housewives vs people with artistic ability. Although I am/have been a housewife myself for a number of years, and ought to resent the insult, I have to agree. As another poster said, Team Artisan is KMart all the way. Too bad that when they were asked they didn't admit their true "artistic" inspiration: a Virginia Slims ad.

And what was it with Darlene and the reaction shots? Someone grab the tranquilizer darts, stat!

Artisan's work really looked like art. The Crafty Beavers had a forth grade project.

Quote Originally Posted by Luv2Scrapbook

2 wins in a row for Team Artisan when their group presentation WAS NOT AS CREATIVE as the crafty beavers :phhht . I mean, they served RAW FOOD in the camping challenge. That should have eliminated them completely. Then, their framed skit tonight was a TOTAL bore and too typical for a group of women. Crafty Beavers were so much more dramatic and interesting!!!!

With the way the judges are going (and the fact that Mychael has already been eliminated) I could care less what entertainment venture the "winner" will have planned. The people that are still in the game, don't deserve to be there. So whoever "wins" will have no credibility whatsoever.

I can't believe that there are still four Artisans left. I would have thought two more of them were voted out by now. I truly question the judge's opinions.

I wouldn't have even watched tonight, but I wanted to see how the Beavers handled the cooking now that they voted off Mychael. I should have known that they'd avoid a cooking competition.

Hey, did anyone else see a Tom Cruise lookalike in the crowd at the museum, or was that just a trick of my poor, tired flu-addled brain?

These people are being judged on 2 or 3 criteria and that is were Crafty Beavers are loosing. Artisans are trying to look at the entire picture and although maybe individual aspects are not as creative they are fulfilling the the total package. The frame on individual merit CB's looked better. But according to the judges criteria they had to suit the theme of the tableau. If the CB's had painted their frame black, pink and white or some combination to match their costumes that would have been a big plus. The Artisans also had a story which we saw parts of that the audience could follow and that won that part of the contest. If CB's had a little story that the audience could follow then they would have won. David or was it Candance mentioned that CB's had lost the audience and part of the challenge was to entertain not bore the audience and CB's did not do that.

Mitch is a bitch. I think the one judge called him on that he was all style and no substance and even Mitch has mentioned before that the overall idea is better than getting all the little individual pieces done and that is why he is not going to win.

Amy was being catty calling the others talented housewives, she just made herself alot of enemies in this country. All I see is that the talented housewives are beating the creative artistes.

What was interesting is how Darlene is being absorbed by the group and how Margo is becoming the villian. I am looking forward to Kimberly vs MArgo round 2.

I am assuming that next week they will even up the teams back to 4 and 4 now that they are down to 3 and 5.

I like how the opinion is divided on who should have won.

Note to Mitch, you don't want to make enemies in a profession your trying to get into because believe me they do remember. I suggest you grow a thicker skin. :rolleyes

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast