+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 1/20 Show Discussion *SPOILERS*

FORT Regular
    YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME. :phhht

I cannot BELIEVE they unanimously sent Mychael home. What ingrates! The reason that they were saved from the last 2 eliminations was because of Mychael!!!!!!!!!!! I HATE it when reality show contestants vote for the strong player because of "strategy." What an excuse. They NEED the strong player in order to avoid elimination. DUH. :phhht

And what were the judge's thinking? Why keep an ACORN purse instead of a survival kit. At least that is useful and matches the theme. All the girl did was GLUE ACORN tops onto a bag that was already made. Also, I can't believe they let Team Artisan win when THEIR FOOD WAS INEDIBLE. To me, that reeks of producer-manipulation. Both teams were even with decor, ambiance but when it came to the food, Crafty Beavers really put it over the top. How in the world can the winning team serve RAW burgers???!!!

After watching the last 2 weeks, I was sure that Mychael would be the only one that could possibly win. The only one with commercial appeal that I could possibly see having her own book or show. I hate it when the least deserving people win.

Quote Originally Posted by Luv2Scrapbook
    After watching the last 2 weeks, I was sure that Mychael would be the only one that could possibly win. The only one with commercial appeal that I could possibly see having her own book or show. I hate it when the least deserving people win.

She was, IMO, the obvious front-runner and it may be to the team's benefit to get rid of her while they can than lose to her in the end. I hate "reality TV strategy." I love this show, the artsy-craftsy side of me really felt inspired by some of the designs and crafts, drama aside. Too bad I won't be so inclined to watch anymore.

Sorry Texicana, I guess I'll be watching the Apprentice tonight but I'll be looking forward to reading your wonderful recaps.

I think the common sense thing to do if they were scared of her beating them (since she is obviously superior to them) is wait until the teams are broken up.

Now, I hope the Crafty Beavers are picked off one by one!

OOH, I wonder what the judges thought?! I bet they were pissed they picked Mychael.

FORT Fogey
    Obviously Michael was the threat. They all mentioned Strategy.

One thing about Strategy, everyone knows you don't get rid of your shield until you're close enough to move in for the kill. Now they're just standing there without any sort of protection from losing with their buts hangin' out in the wind.

The Crafty Beavers are a bunch of twits. Could they have worn their insecurities more boldly on their sleeves, or what? I hate Mitch. There's no way he can win this because everyone will know he's a nasty, mean-spirited person and not even bother watching his show.

How irritating. (Tim is still fine as hell tho.. humpy.. very humpy indeed.)
    Last edited by corprip; 01-20-2005 at 09:58 PM.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by -ANTM-
    Obviously Michael was the threat. They all mentioned Strategy.

One thing about Strategy, everyone knows you don't get rid of your shield until you're close enough to move in for the kill. Now they're just standing there without any sort of protection from losing with their buts hangin' out in the wind.
    "Buts hangin' out in the wind."

So true. So true.

I must have wasted years watching Martha...I thought the survival kit thing was cute and a great, creative idea.

Did Amy ever really explain what she actually does contribute to the group? My kids were yelling and I missed it.

I'm bummed at Mycheal's boot...really, she's a phenomenal cook and I enjoyed seeing her kitchen creations. I understand her being a threat but it's way too early to boot that important of a team member - I can hardly wait to see what that team comes up with next week for food.

Much as I hate to admit it, Darlene is shaping up to be a threat herself. Landscaping the campsite was absolutely inspired. I confess to being quite impressed with her tonight - she wasn't even terribly annoying, although I would have maybe stood a little further away from the outhouse when David was using the facilities. A lot further away.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Although I couldn't see the end (Apprentice!) I am so dissapointed with the ending. Mycheal, you are fabulous!

FLYing using babysteps LilLisaLou's Avatar

My VCR didn't record WP!

My VCR didn't record the show so when I came home from dinner just a few moments ago. Argh! Even though reading the recaps is almost like watching the real thing, do you know if there are ever any rebroadcasts? I checked my local listings and didn't see anything. Argh! And double argh!

I can't BELIEVE they voted Mychael off!!!! I wanted to see her win!!! Well, maybe I won't even get to see her get voted off

This is EXACTLY what killed the Complex:Malibu. Why is it a knee-jerk reaction to make a new reality show where the participants vote each other off? Not every reality show has to be like Survivor!

Mychael's contribution to the team has been essential compared to Miss Duct Tape. I blame the show structure. They should be like Project Runway or countless other shows where the judges call the shots, not the contestants.

Damn, I want some of that wild rice about now.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast