+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 1/13 Show Discussion* SPOILERS*

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    I'm thinking Mykie's going to take it, hands down. She has poise and confidence, and while everyone else was running around like crazy, not knowing what to do last minute - she focused and concentrated on what she was doing and got it done, and got it done right. I also see in her the ability to divert her guest's attention toward the good and away from the bad.

Although I haven't seen her handiwork - she's obviously creative. She might be able to give Martha a run for her money when it comes to a "how many ways can you decorate a pinecone" contest.

I don't like her, personally, but I think she's the best man for the job.

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.
    I'm thinking Mykie's going to take it, hands down. She has poise and confidence, and while everyone else was running around like crazy, not knowing what to do last minute - she focused and concentrated on what she was doing and got it done, and got it done right. I also see in her the ability to divert her guest's attention toward the good and away from the bad.

Although I haven't seen her handiwork - she's obviously creative. She might be able to give Martha a run for her money when it comes to a "how many ways can you decorate a pinecone" contest.

I don't like her, personally, but I think she's the best man for the job.
    Okay, JD I'm going to archive this post and when something happens in a couple of weeks and your opinion changes, I'm going to bring this back up.

Just kidding.

I think it's too soon and we haven't seen everybody yet. There's a couple of people we haven't gotten a chance to really get to see what they can do. Last night when Dawn was up all I could think of was "who the heck is she"? In fact, if it wasn't for this thread, I would have never remembered it was her that did the toast boxes.

Lotus, that whole post had me laughing SO hard! Very funny stuff!

Margo sure looked royally PISSED off at Darlene in the preview for the next episode! I really like this show..it's great! I just hope I can keep watching it, wherever they plan on burying it at. I'll be loyal on this one.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Regular
    Um..I didn't watch the show but the danged recaps are going to suck me in, I just know it.

My overall impression was that given $2500 and internet access my 11 year old son coulda run rings around most of these folks in the party planning department. Maybe not in EXECUTION but in a cohesive, thematic PLAN.

I don't think this is a show where the best folks have a snowball's chance since they are eliminated by their teams..i.e. the first time her team loses the Mychael woman is toast because she's GOOD (but not good enough to win EVERY challenge for her team--unless she gets tossed back and forth like the blonde on the Apprentice).

I'm very pleased the recaps are sucking you in Leeloo Thanks for reading them, everyone (who reads 'em )
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

I like Darlene and I am glad she is still there. I think people don't like her cause she is up front with people, (that and she is 15 yrs older that the rest of the group) as per her fight with Tom and calling the blonde a liar. That does take guts. People don't like it, they would rather mutter about you behind your back then complain that they want to hear it from you face to face but they really don't mean it. I was surprised that they kept Dawn. She came across as a weak player, but they probably have seen a side of her that we have not.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata
    I like Darlene and I am glad she is still there. I think people don't like her cause she is up front with people, (that and she is 15 yrs older that the rest of the group) as per her fight with Tom and calling the blonde a liar. That does take guts. People don't like it, they would rather mutter about you behind your back then complain that they want to hear it from you face to face but they really don't mean it. I was surprised that they kept Dawn. She came across as a weak player, but they probably have seen a side of her that we have not.
    I don't know how many FORT posters are actually taping this show, but I am so that I can get past first impressions and begin to watch the dynamics of the relationships.

I really focused on Darlene yesterday, and she is most decidedly receiving the short straw from her contestants. It could be because of ageism, (which would be very sad, indeed); it could be because they don't "get her personality"; or it could be because they really view her as a viable threat.

For instance, when Blondie Chick and friend went and spent $1000 on groceries and then unloaded them, they immediately went back out to the car to return to town YET again. Darlene asked them ("confronted them" if you don't like Darlene) with "Where are you going? You just came back from town?! I haven't even been into town yet and I need to pick up my material."

To these questions, she was dismissed completely out of hand by Blondie Chick and basically told, "Whatever."

Later, when she asked Blondie Chick for flour, she was told pointedly, "We don't have any." NOT that they were "out" or "I don't know where it is,", but that they didn't have any. Darlene has enough chutzpah that I'm surprised that she didn't sashay over to Crafty Beaver and ask them for flour.

I've seen women and their passive-aggressive behavior to a woman that they want to exclude because she doesn't fit some goofy criteria that they judge others by. I think Darlene is falling victim of this, sadly.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarron
    Who's idea was out of season lobster, anyway?
    Lobster is never out of season. But it is very American, not French. And how the hell do you ruin a lobster? All you have to do is boil it! And shrimp-stuffed tomatoes? Oh, THAT'S French! Rack of lamb--it can pass for French, but how cliche can you get....as I said last week, no one left on Team Artisan has any ideas that rise beyond Good Housekeeping magazine. What a bunch. They seemed determined to get rid of anyone with any talent, ASAP.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Texicana
    A lobster usually turns out mushy and tasteless if it's been harvested during its molting period, since it doesn't eat until it does molt. Hard to tell by the color of the lobster if that's been the case. Undercooking it also produces a mushy product.
    Lobsters can be hard shell or soft shell. Hard shell may be better, but soft shell are fine, too. People certainly continue to catch them up here in Maine during the soft shell season.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Texicana
    Lotus, a roux stems from French cuisine and is the basis of bechamel and veloute sauces.
    Yes. And a Cajun roux is browned, a French roux normally is not. Also, Paul Prudhomme, at least, makes his Cajun roux with oil and flour, while French roux is made with butter and flour.

+ Reply to Thread