+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Perfectionist's Recipes & Crafts

Has anyone read Tim's Cigar Box surprise recipe? It sounds delicious!!!

Cigar Cookies
    Slightly overcook one box of brownies in a large pan, so the batter cannot rise over ¾ of an inch high. While it is still warm cut into 1 inch X 3½ inch slices.

On warm stovetop, melt white chocolate with some butter and a small amount of milk (slowly add butter and milk to get consistency and flavor you desire).
    Steadily stir to keep from burning. When it has reached desired consistency, let cool for a few minutes. Apply white chocolate to the flat side of the brownie cookie. Place another cookie on top, and press together, rounding off the edges. Now, you have little cigars to wrap in foil. Finally, tie a ribbon around for presentation.

Sipping Sauce
    Mix together:
    2 ounces Baileys Irish Cream
    1 ounce Peach Schnapps

Add into a jar with either chocolate Yoo-Hoo or milk for a savory sipping sauce.
    Tie a ribbon and label "Savory Sipping Sauce".

Dipping Sauce
    Ingredients
    1 Hershey's Chocolate bar
    2 teaspoons of Caramel Apple Sauce
    ¼ cup milk
    2 teaspoons of strawberry yogurt

Grab a tin can the size of an ashtray and label, "Ash Tray." Line the inside with two or three layers of saran wrap. Melt and stir together the chocolate bar, caramel apple sauce and milk. Let cool. Mix in strawberry yogurt. Pour into the ashtray can. Tie the top of the saran wrap together and place top on can. Now, place all the items in a box of your choice or make one…

Cigar Box:
    Pick the wood type you like (I prefer Cedar)
    Use 1X12 -- height should be ¼ inch bigger than width of the sipping sauce jar.
    Cut two 5 inch sides (Long)
    Cut two 10 inch pieces (Long) for front and back
    Cut bottom after nailing the sides together

Set the sides on a piece of 1X12 and trace out the inside of the box.
    Cut it out, drop it in the rectangle, nail the sides and you have a box.

Flip the box over and trace out the outside of the top of the box (that's the lid). You can either put mini hinges on the back of the top connecting it to the box, or you can take a ¼ inch piece of plywood, cut it out the size of the inside of the box, glue it to the bottom of the top. Now that your lid is done, sand it down and round out the edges really well, making sure you round over the top edges of the lid more than the other corners and edges.

Now, you can stain, paint or leave it as is. Label it, "Sweet and Savory Cigar Box."

Quote Originally Posted by Faithfully
    I knew Denise would win for the party invitation, that was very clever! But what did she put on the candy apple? I know she said white chocolate, and crushed graham cracker on the top, but wasn't there another topping on the apple? Does anyone know?

I'm interesting in Mychael's recipes, I might give them a try. Thanks for the recipe site.
    Well, this is interesting: when I checked for Denise's recipe for HER caramel apples, the recipe was NOT listed. It listed the project but not how to make them. I was curious about this because Denise stage whispered to someone on the first show how it was "a family secret recipe" and she didn't want to give it out.

However, when I went back to the site today, they had the full recipe listed so there must have been some arm twisting between CBS and Denise. There is another recipe listed under Mychael, but it's not the same one; it's got dark chocolate and nuts, not white chocolate and graham crackers.

Here's Denise's BIG Family Secret recipe:

White Chocolate Caramel Apple

A lot of people think to be a culinary whiz you have to be able to make things from scratch. Hopefully, this proves you only have to be able to find in aisles 3, 5 and 11 in the supermarket.

Ingredients
    A tub of caramel from aisle 3
    White Chocolate chips from aisle 5
    Graham cracker crumbs from aisle 11
    Apples from the fruit department
    Popsicle sticks from the craft store

Instructions
    Poke stick in top of apple.
    Heat caramel in microwave.
    Dip apple in caramel and refrigerate.
    Dip apple in white chocolate and immediately in graham cracker crumbs.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Quote Originally Posted by peach
    I really wish CBS would post pictures of the individual projects.
    I went to the bottom of a CBS webpage and clicked Feedback and told them that I would love to see a picture of each project and receipe. Heavens, who knows ... a human might actually read it! ..... nah. But I'LL know I tried!
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Quote Originally Posted by wadahoot
    I went to the bottom of a CBS webpage and clicked Feedback and told them that I would love to see a picture of each project and receipe. Heavens, who knows ... a human might actually read it! ..... nah. But I'LL know I tried!
    That's a good idea, wadahoot. I'm going to send them a note, too. That way, there's two voices in the Universe. Even though the shows finished shooting, they still have all the outtake footage that they can cull to provide the photos.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12