+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920

Thread: 1/06 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fanatic
    [QUOTE=Bearcata]Not a bad first episode.

What happend to Team Artisan, their initial concept drawing of an armoir and trellis decorated with apples sounded like a great idea. Their presentation fell so flat it should have been buried.

The 2 shoppers were given $1500 what did they spend it on, they couldn't have spent some of it on flowers??? Bouquets of sunflowers would have been great, did neither of the ladies have a cell phone so they could call back to the estate or their team contact them, totally botched senerio.
    QUOTE]

I'm in complete agreement. (Except that I hate sunflowers! :phhht ) I missed the beginning of the show, so I'm not sure what the shoppers were supposed to be out there buying, but they were in Southern Fairfield County, CT, where you can get a huge array of fabulous fabrics, china, flowers, and whatever else you could possibly want-- not to mention the fact that they could be in Manhattan in at most 40 minutes--and they were gone for, like, 5 hours and came back with that pedestrian crap??????

On the cooking thing...she efficiently did all the work--and cooking is exhausting--so why shouldn't she plan to get some sleep to be ready for the last minute stuff? Makes sense to me. No one was stopping the rest of them from planning equally well.

Quote Originally Posted by boxhill
    On the cooking thing...she efficiently did all the work--and cooking is exhausting--so why shouldn't she plan to get some sleep to be ready for the last minute stuff? Makes sense to me. No one was stopping the rest of them from planning equally well.
    My point exactly. Better for Mychael to have gotten sleep than for her to "break down for the camera" as the chick with the crappy sour creme apple pie, who was whining because she was tired and didn't get any sleep.

Well, folks, what's it going to be: sleep and be efficient or don't sleep and cry in front of the camera because you didn't GET ANY SLEEP???

You can't have it both ways.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Just have to say that in my opinion none of the contestants seem "wickedly perfect". Mychael shows some promise - I think the person to "fill Martha's shoes" should be selfish to a degree, so good for her to go sleep when she wants. If she wants to be a domestic diva, she must act as the queen of it all
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by boxhill
    I'm in complete agreement. (Except that I hate sunflowers! :phhht ) I missed the beginning of the show, so I'm not sure what the shoppers were supposed to be out there buying, but they were in Southern Fairfield County, CT, where you can get a huge array of fabulous fabrics, china, flowers, and whatever else you could possibly want-- not to mention the fact that they could be in Manhattan in at most 40 minutes--and they were gone for, like, 5 hours and came back with that pedestrian crap??????
    They're in Greenwich and they went to Stu Leonard's in Norwalk for all of the shopping (production must have sent them there.. there are quite a few cute and complete grocery stores in Greenwich in which they could have done a much better job.)

And... anyone that's driven on I95 in the middle of the day would have recognized that parking lot in between Norwalk and Greenwich. It's probably THE most horrible traffic I have ever had to deal with on a regular basis. I'd honestly much rather drive in Manhattan.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirlittan
    Just have to say that in my opinion none of the contestants seem "wickedly perfect". Mychael shows some promise - I think the person to "fill Martha's shoes" should be selfish to a degree, so good for her to go sleep when she wants. If she wants to be a domestic diva, she must act as the queen of it all
    I agree. I could see her on my tv

Same with Margo and Denise I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    Joan Lundon's emotionless too-even voice drives me INSANE.
    Thank you! It's so unnatural.
    Last edited by candor; 01-09-2005 at 09:42 PM.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    They're in Greenwich and they went to Stu Leonard's in Norwalk for all of the shopping (production must have sent them there.. there are quite a few cute and complete grocery stores in Greenwich in which they could have done a much better job.)

And... anyone that's driven on I95 in the middle of the day would have recognized that parking lot in between Norwalk and Greenwich. It's probably THE most horrible traffic I have ever had to deal with on a regular basis. I'd honestly much rather drive in Manhattan.
    If they were going to Stew's, they could have continued on up the Post Road to Hayday and gotten really great stuff. (For that matter, to get to Stew's they would have to pass through both Darien and Stamford, both of which have plenty of resources, as well as Greenwich, which is not exactly a wasteland! I didn't see the shopping part, but that sounds like a paid promo to me.

And even Stew's has an array of fresh flowers. Where did they get the plastic ones and the china and so forth? Stew Leonard's doesn't carry that stuff.

That's what I "screamed" when they were doing it... Stew's has a ton of fresh flowers! But you could clearly see the brick floor and the unique aisle styles of Stew's. (They didn't show the Stew's sign so no promo there. And pardon the spelling error.. I think I had been playing around in The Bachelorette forum before I posted that. Heh.) But heck, they could have done just fine by going to even the darned Food Emporium in Greenwich without having to deal with that god-awful traffic.

I was wondering if they went to the china store next door (cannot remember whether it's Heslop's, or a Dansk outlet.)

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    That's what I "screamed" when they were doing it... Stew's has a ton of fresh flowers! But you could clearly see the brick floor and the unique aisle styles of Stew's. (They didn't show the Stew's sign so no promo there. And pardon the spelling error.. I think I had been playing around in The Bachelorette forum before I posted that. Heh.) But heck, they could have done just fine by going to even the darned Food Emporium in Greenwich without having to deal with that god-awful traffic.

I was wondering if they went to the china store next door (cannot remember whether it's Heslop's, or a Dansk outlet.)
    There used to be a Dansk outlet nearby--I'm not sure if it's still there. But there are gazillions of shops in the area with fabulous china and linens, for pete's sake. Not to mention fabric shops and home furnishing shops with wonderful things. The conclusion I came to is that neither of them has a shred of taste. We shall see!

+ Reply to Thread