+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: 1/06 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea
    Did anyone read Tom's recipe for the soup he made? Not sure if it was tongue-in-cheek or sarcastic/bitter?
    Certainly Bitter!!

OK I didn't read the recipe before you mentioned it. Personally, the soup grossed me out on TV I didn't want to know how it was made! Now I *really* know why he was kicked off the island

Quote Originally Posted by Texicana
    ... Idiot.
    The ^^^Best part of your quote, Tex!!
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea
    Did anyone read Tom's recipe for the soup he made? Not sure if it was tongue-in-cheek or sarcastic/bitter? He certainly tried to cover his butt continually so we would know why his soup was judged the worst!
    sweetpea: I'm soooo glad that you suggested to read the recipe; I would have blown it off since I already have a tried and true apple-squash soup recipe.

Good Lord! You even have to ask if he's being BITTER???!!! Life with this man in reality must be horrid; I suggest that since he flunked out of WP High School, that his family should volunteer for Wife Swap. I'd like to see the woman who'd swab the deck with that autocrat!
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Finally a good new reality show, I loved it. That fight between Tom and Darlene was so deliciously bitchy, I suspect it may have been scripted. I did not like the Crafty Beaver's table, it looked like Carmen Miranda on LSD. Tom's glass covered table with random apples was much simpler, cleaner and modern, yet still interesting and visually dramatic without being over the top and had they not added the fake flowers and Great Aunt Emily's curtains for napkins, I think it would have won. I like how the men are all vying for the crown too, way too much royalty in waiting, how many queens can one show have. My money is on Mychael to win this, I love her voice, low and husky, and she knows how to cook. How did some people get on this show, not being able to make an apple pie and using fake flowers? I wish Tom had lasted longer, even though he is a control freak, I think he's the only person tough enough to stand up to Darlene.

Quote Originally Posted by penguins13
    OK it's me back again :rolleyes Take a look at Mychael's how too section...OH MY she has a lot of stuff in there. Then look at Tim's How To he just has a simple little Apple bird! I don't think I even noticed an applebird on the show?? Tim is a cutie though
    Just an additional welcome penguins13!

In defense of Tim, there were 6 other people who also had only one item listed: Dawn, Denise, Kimberly, Michelle, Mitch and the dearly departed Tom.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

peachroses

glad he is gone

I am so glad that Tom is gone. He was over the top obnoxious and arrogant, and if he isn't gay, I am not a child of the 70's..... he really bugged me with his 'I am the best one here attitude'.

I was not crazy about Darlene and can't see her winning this competition, but am starting to think how difficult it could be to be another Martha Stewart.

I for one am great at crafts and do well in the kitchen and can do a decent job decorating if I have time to think about things and experiment a few times (my first few attempts at faux painting were a disaster) but I know I could never come through if I had to do it with limited materials and a short time-frame.

I also wonder, are the contestants able to bring their recipes from home or do they have access to the internet.... I have many tried and true recipes, but I don't have any of them memorized. Any thoughts.
    Because I said so ....

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Michael (I'm SO not going to look into spelling it correctly) obviously didn't help in any of the decorating.. I don't give her props for sleeping. The whole team stayed up and put everything together for the presentation, she cooked and went to bed. That's not teamwork in my opinion. That's what the contest was about too, teamwork. She overdid it on the cooking..to the fault of nobody else but her own.
    I think she's lucky that the team won, because I'll be damned if people wouldn't of said anything about it.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    Aha... I just found out what the prizes will be for the shows.

Click to see Spoiler:
    Since it's obvious at this point that GMC is the product sponsor for the show (they drive around in our Envoy XUV..), apparently the prizes are going to be assorted trucks, from the Sierra that Denise won last night, to the Envoy, Envoy XUV, Yukon... and the final prize winner will win a Yukon Denali (think Chevy Tahoe on luxury steroids..heh..or, it's pretty much the same as a Cadillac Escalade..)

I can't imagine that this is the only prize each show, but it'll be the one for the individual winner.
    I wonder how many of those prizes Denise will win.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by peach
    I also wonder, are the contestants able to bring their recipes from home or do they have access to the internet.... I have many tried and true recipes, but I don't have any of them memorized. Any thoughts.

I wondered the exact same thing myself. I missed parts of the show, but are they sequestered at the property without outside contact, or can they call home for the recipes? Maybe they were permitted to bring certain materials from home.

I don't they have a computer as a resource...When I was reading Denise's How-To on the Candy Apple Invitations she mentioned she would have used a nice typesetting on them if she had a computer at hand but had to resort to her own handwriting.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

+ Reply to Thread