+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: 1/06 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by kungfuhippie
    I didn't see where the signs they hold up to indicate who they're voting off came from, did they bring them with them from the house? If so the final speeches are just for show, as they can't change their votes...
    Actually, I think the first girl that voted (can't remember the name yet... the young dark-haired girl) looked like she was flipping between two cards. But they were just magically under their seats, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy
    Just finished watching. LOVED IT, which is so odd because I don't cook, craft, sew, build, etc.

The team dynamics were interesting to listen to.

I'll keep oon watching. Don't have a favorite yet, although I'm not diggin' on Darlene.
    Jewls I DO cook, craft, sew and build and I also enjoyed the show. It seems that a lot of us do. Like you, I enjoyed the interaction between contestants. I do love a good brawl occasionally.
    We will have to keep watching to see how long it takes for that Darlene woman to get the boot. Soon I hope. She is at the bottom of my list.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh
    Jewls I DO cook, craft, sew and build and I also enjoyed the show. It seems that a lot of us do. Like you, I enjoyed the interaction between contestants. I do love a good brawl occasionally.
    We will have to keep watching to see how long it takes for that Darlene woman to get the boot. Soon I hope. She is at the bottom of my list.
    I know how to do all of the above, but the only one I actually take the time to do is cook! Still, I'm not in the Martha Stewart mode atall, more of a "weird artist" and so I'm kinda surprised that I liked this show; it does seem to have potentialm for some great fights. I don't care for Darlene very much either, but then again a lot of these people are overacting and simpering in fronmt of the judges in the most embarassing way! I am, however glad that Tom creature is history; what a worm.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    I am saying they had better not get worse. I would expect a prize like that at the end of the show not the beginning.
    Aha... I just found out what the prizes will be for the shows.

Click to see Spoiler:
    Since it's obvious at this point that GMC is the product sponsor for the show (they drive around in our Envoy XUV..), apparently the prizes are going to be assorted trucks, from the Sierra that Denise won last night, to the Envoy, Envoy XUV, Yukon... and the final prize winner will win a Yukon Denali (think Chevy Tahoe on luxury steroids..heh..or, it's pretty much the same as a Cadillac Escalade..)

I can't imagine that this is the only prize each show, but it'll be the one for the individual winner.

Hi
    I am new here. Been a longtime lurker, but never registered a name.

I loved this show! I can't wait until next week.

Tom was totally out of line with the way he talked to Darlene. What a jerk! I am glad he was voted out. His soup looked terrible, and to blame everyone for talking to him while he was making it?? Learn to multitask buddy-all us perfectionists do

Anyway, nice to meet you all!

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    Aha... I just found out what the prizes will be for the shows.

Click to see Spoiler:
    Since it's obvious at this point that GMC is the product sponsor for the show (they drive around in our Envoy XUV..), apparently the prizes are going to be assorted trucks, from the Sierra that Denise won last night, to the Envoy, Envoy XUV, Yukon... and the final prize winner will win a Yukon Denali (think Chevy Tahoe on luxury steroids..heh..or, it's pretty much the same as a Cadillac Escalade..)

I can't imagine that this is the only prize each show, but it'll be the one for the individual winner.
    Broadway, the show no doubt has multiple sponsors, so I think prizes are possible along several themes.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Not a bad first episode.

What happend to Team Artisan, their initial concept drawing of an armoir and trellis decorated with apples sounded like a great idea. Their presentation fell so flat it should have been buried.

The 2 shoppers were given $1500 what did they spend it on, they couldn't have spent some of it on flowers??? Bouquets of sunflowers would have been great, did neither of the ladies have a cell phone so they could call back to the estate or their team contact them, totally botched senerio.

I always have problems when if I am on a team and a judge asks me what could have been done differently, they want my opinion they will get it. I don't consider that disloyal. But I have seen , The Donald, on Aprentice fires people because he says they are disloyal. Yet he always grills people and trys to get them to rat on each other. He then states he wants people to be able to tell him whats what and not sugar coat it. This disloyalty issue is very arbitrary. Its really depends on how well or badly the team may have performed. What was so bad about Darlene saying that she would have used menus?

Tom basically shot himself in the foot when he told a person who could vote him off that he didn't give a 'f***' about her or her opinion. At this point it did seem as if he had the rest of the teams support. His taking back his gift to Kimberly got him voted off. I think the rest of the ladies considered him 2 faced because of it.

If nothing else the Crafty Beavers project had presence, especially since the 2 projects were side by side The CB project simply overpowered Team Artisan. Presence and food won this round. From what I saw Mychael did all the cooking, so why shouldn't she take credit for it. Did the finish carpenter cook anything? Did we the veiwing audience miss that? I don't think so.

Also since Mychael did all the cooking why shouldn't she get some sleep. Each person knows their body best and how they function best, that and if they had good time management skills she knew how much time she would need in the morning to finish doing more cooking, so if she figured she could get some sleep why not. This all boils down to me doing things my way and you doing things your way and my way isn't necessary better then yours or your way better then mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh
    I do all that stuff too (well, not so much building) and I loved this as well.

Darlene: ugh. Lotus called her an aging Stepford wife in her thread...perfect.

Tom: I recant my initial love of him. Biiiiitchy.

Mitch: bossy old queen. :phhht His individual project wasn't that great.

Denise: I totally get a pampered soccer mom vibe from her...don't really like her but that invitation thing she did was very pretty & creative - and VERY Martha.

Mychael: I'd be a prima donna too if I knew my way around the kitchen like that. Really, really impressive. Still hate the pretentious name-spelling though.

Margo: this one I like. She seems to be smart and also pleasant to work with. I would love to see her go far.

As for the rest of 'em, no impression yet. Joan Lunden is certainly channeling Martha...especially in that Connecticut setting. Kinda creepy, really. As for the judges, I hope they kick it up a notch, to borrow a phrase from another famous TV chef. They're far too reserved in their adulations AND critiques.

I'll definitely continue to watch this.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata
    I always have problems when if I am on a team and a judge asks me what could have been done differently, they want my opinion they will get it. I don't consider that disloyal.
    In this situation, Darlene's comment to the judges was a little over the top. I agreed with her team that she screwed them over with her "they didn't use any of my ideas" speech.

Tom basically shot himself in the foot when he told a person who could vote him off that he didn't give a 'f***' about her or her opinion. At this point it did seem as if he had the rest of the teams support. His taking back his gift to Kimberly got him voted off. I think the rest of the ladies considered him 2 faced because of it.
    Darlene was NOT going to make or break Tom staying or going. I got the impresion that by the time they were sent to deliberate she had already lost the respect of her teammates. I'm thinking the general consensus was "why couldn't she have been in the bottom two". I agree that Tom screwed himself by taking back his "gift". What a putz!

On the matter of Mychael sleeping, I'm on the fence with this. I don't cook (avoid it at all costs) so I have no idea how involved it can get, but can it be that taxing? I think if Mychael keeps herself chained to the stove she'll be shooting herself in the foot because she needs to show her versatility as a hostesss.

Not a bad first episode.
    I couldn't agree more! This is the first time, EVER, that I've had friends (3 of them), call me up and say, "There's a new reality TV show called Wickedly Perfect that we think you'd LOVE!!!" Apparently, in their minds, I'm my own version of Martha.

And of course, like a friend who says, "Oh, I have a friend that would be just perfect for you!," I rebelled and promised myself that "I will NOT watch this show!"

I lied. I'm so glad that I did watch this and plan on seeing it through the end. And my friends were right...damn it...it's SO me!

I hate being the Calphalon pot being called Calphalon kettle!

]What happened to Team Artisan, their initial concept drawing of an armoir and trellis decorated with apples sounded like a great idea. Their presentation fell so flat it should have been buried.
    Yup...I'd be more impressed by the lay out at the local VFW hall!

The 2 shoppers were given $1500 what did they spend it on, they couldn't have spent some of it on flowers??? Bouquets of sunflowers would have been great, did neither of the ladies have a cell phone so they could call back to the estate or their team contact them, totally botched scenario.
    That's exactly what I thought, too! "Call them! Call them!", I was screaming at the TV! So, if they didn't have cell phones (and what "A" type personality doesn't???), they could have stopped at a pay phone and asked them. Unless it's one of those rules in "The Fine Print", that they can't contact each other, in the field.

Oh, it was just bad form when he recanted his offer. At least Brad, from the Apprentice, had the balls to stick with his offer of deleting his immunity. Although Tom would have made for fun watching, he was very disrespectful to everyone...especially with his LIST OF THE HOUR speech at the end. His caricature of Darlene, when he dissed her in front of the other women earned him no points, either. You do not mock people openly and expect allegiance!

Also since Mychael did all the cooking why shouldn't she get some sleep. Each person knows their body best and how they function best, that and if they had good time management skills she knew how much time she would need in the morning to finish doing more cooking, so if she figured she could get some sleep why not. This all boils down to me doing things my way and you doing things your way and my way isn't necessary better then yours or your way better then mine.
    I'm on this page with you, too, Bearcata. Again, harking back to the Apprentice, the one team got a good night's sleep because THEY thought to hire a cleaning service and the other team worked through the night, doing work they could have delegated.

Being sleep deprived does NO ONE any good. If Mychael did all that she could do for herself and her team, without being obsessive about it, then she's the strongest one on the team. Everyone knows their own strengths and weaknesses and she obviously knew she performed better on a good nights sleep.

Besides, the show isn't called "Who wants to be the next Martyr Stewart"!
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

+ Reply to Thread