+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    Hmmm, seems almost as if he is intentionally understating his skills.

However, he is 25 and a single guy, and says that sex talk is off limits. Something is going on there.
    Yes, he's Gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotuslander
    Yes, he's Gay.
    Gay guys don't talk about sex?
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    Gay guys don't talk about sex?
    I think the implication is that HE'S not willing to talk about sex (at least to the interviewer asking the question) because he's private about his own sexuality. It doesn't mean he's gay, but it makes it a lot more likely I think.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Newbie
    A gay male domestic diva? Now that would be a surprise! LOL! Maybe he is gay or maybe he is old fashioned or perhaps shy. He may do better than what everyone is thinking he will.

Hmmm. As far as I can tell, his role is to be the eye candy, aversion to sex talk or not. He sure didn't show much expertise in his supposed specialty last night.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    What's with SEX being brought up in conversation(s) anyway?? Honestly, I have friends (neighbors) that come over pretty much on a daily basis.
    While eating dinner, I've never said anything like...
    "I wanted to talk about the missionary position as opposed to doggy style. Which do you guys like? When WE use that position, it's hard on my knees..ya know?"...
    I mean..really.
    The producers couldn't think of a different, more informative question to ask these people?
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Maybe it's just me, but doesn't that face remind you of a certain *other* reality show person? Actually, it's just the hair.....
    Favorite Reality Tv Quote Ever:
    "You have to do it. You have to accomplish your dreams." - Charla, The Amazing Race 5

I just figured out why I "knew" of where he lived.. Hometown: Punta Gorda, Florida
    That's where the hurricane majorly wiped out practically the whole town.

Aww! Now Tim's my favorite! Yup! GOOOOooo Tim!

/strange how I pick my favorites

MRD
    Yep, Tim is from badly damaged Punta Gorda. His carpentry skills are still needed here instead of on tv. It's been 5 months and friends of ours are still living with tarps for roofs and boards over broken windows. It's going to take many more months to get things even repaired there and there's a distinct shortage of both materials and manpower to get everything done.

Anyway, I only started watching the show because of an article in our local paper about Tim. I live in the next town over, but the p aper covers both towns. Here was an article from Friday's paper.
    Claudia

Sun Herald

01/14/05
    Local proves to be Wickedly Perfect - so far

Every mother thinks that her child is perfect, but Punta Gorda resident Martha McKenzie is hoping that CBS television feels the same way about her son Tim.

McKenzie's 25-year-old son, Tim Bell, is a contestant on the reality TV show "Wickedly Perfect" a "Martha Stuart"-like contest that challenges creative people to go above and beyond their limits of homemaking craftiness.

"There are 12 contestants," said Bell's manager, Dick Miller. "Tim was the last to be chosen."

Over 10,000 people auditioned for the show.

McKenzie watched the second episode of the show Thursday with anticipation.

"I enjoyed it immensely," she said after the show. "It's (been) two weeks, and so far they (her son's team) are on top."

Every week a cast member gets voted off the show. With 10 people left, Bell's dream is slowly becoming a reality.

Bell is a budding actor -- a Charlotte High School alumnus who developed a passion early on for acting.

Although "Wickedly Perfect" is a reality show, it may very well be Bell's ticket to stardom.

McKenzie and Bell's family sat with Miller and his wife at his home in Gulf Cove, watching Bell's team dominate their assignment -- party planning -- for Thursday's episode.

"He is going to give them a run for their money," McKenzie said, boasting of her son's talents. "He is very serious about his work."

Bell is well-rounded for the show, his family says. Being a carpenter by profession and having been educated in many crafts growing up, he fit the requirements.

If Bell keeps winning the hearts of CBS judges, who pick winning teams, he could end up with six appearances on "The Early Show," a development deal for a "lifestyle-oriented" TV show and a publishing deal with Atria Books.

Although Bell has already finished taping the show, McKenzie, Miller and Bell's other family members and friends have to anxiously wait until the end of the season to see what is in store for his future, as Bell is contractually bound not to reveal the winner.

Bell will always be perfect in McKenzie's eyes. Whether or not CBS agrees, McKenzie believes her son has done more than appear on TV -- he has encouraged youth in Charlotte County to pursue their dreams.

"A lot of kids here in Charlotte County look up to him," she said. "(This) encourages them to make their dreams to come true."

You can follow Bell's progress every week as he tackles new tasks, and proves how wickedly perfect his skills are, at 8 p.m. on CBS.

Thanks for posting that myrosiedog!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

His "dock" or "deck".. was a REALLY nice individual project he tackled! I was really impressed and thought it was a great idea. Without a doubt.

BUT. I was a tad concerned about the footing of the whole thing though. Usually you'd have to pour cement into a certain depth and have it set up with the 4 x 4's to ensure the stability. I'd hate to be the happy hiker who comes up on that in about a year. CRASH!

Also, since Mitch was complaining about Tim taking "so much time" with the projects..I was wondering how long it took him to build the "deck"? I don't recall anyone commenting on Tim taking too long on it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast