+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Mychael

Quote Originally Posted by lambikins
    "High Fives!", sugarlady! I guess both you and I will be having Thursday evenings open now, after next weeks show!
    I enjoyed watching Mychael cook and I would tune into a series if she was cooking on it. This series has gotten so political until it is not worth devoting so much time to see the outcome based on the talents of the remaining contestants. I will probably just check a website after the season ends to see who won.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotuslander
    As others have pointed out, this show should not be so Survivoresque as the winner is supposedly getting their own show, not appearing on the Surreal Life or as a guest star on Joey after it's over.
    Exactly. In other competition shows where the winner is supposed to actually have some ability in order to fulfill the premise--The Apprentice, ANTM--the *judges* make the decisions, not the fellow contestants. Who is going to tune in to see lowest-common-denominator-person's-crappy-crafts-and-raw-poultry show? Not me. They have already eliminated most of the people who appeared to have any real talent or personal style. It's very disappointing.

BTW, given the premise of the show, the obvious winning strategy is to put most of your effort into your personal project, and let the team be damned. Which is ridiculous.

And is it just me, or is anyone else bothered by the idea of Darlene ripping up plants and moving them around at a camp site? One of the basic rules of camping is to make as *little* permanent impact as possible on the local environment. (Not to mention a latrine that apparently consists of a toilet sitting over a shallow hole in the ground a few steps from the site. .) These judges' idea of "camping" is probably a house in Litchfield County. :rolleyes

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by boxhill
    And is it just me, or is anyone else bothered by the idea of Darlene ripping up plants and moving them around at a camp site? One of the basic rules of camping is to make as *little* permanent impact as possible on the local environment. (Not to mention a latrine that apparently consists of a toilet sitting over a shallow hole in the ground a few steps from the site. .) These judges' idea of "camping" is probably a house in Litchfield County. :rolleyes
    She wasn't 'ripping' them up..she was moving them to another area where it was more aesthetically pleasing. Which, I think was a great idea for this competition. Besides..it won't kill'm. They're just located in a different spot.

The premise behind this particular competition was to make it a "high-end" camping experience. That's why they got FIVE thousand dollars for everything and $500 for food! Seriously..if I was ever given that to truly spend on a camping experience, I'd be tempted to live there forever. It would be plush, trust me.
    That's why they had that toilet... a "high-end" shiatter.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Dude,
    If I were given $5000 for the campsite, and $500 for food ... !?!?!?!

Then I'd wake up and go get the hot dogs/burgers and chips.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by sugarlady
    I enjoyed watching Mychael cook and I would tune into a series if she was cooking on it.
    Great idea! I wish someone would offer Mychael her own cooking show! The stuff she made looked really interesting.

It will be interesting to see how the food turns out for the CBs on the next episode. I think they are going to be hurting in the kitchen without Mychael.

Quote Originally Posted by veejer
    It will be interesting to see how the food turns out for the CBs on the next episode. I think they are going to be hurting in the kitchen without Mychael.
    Oh, there will probably be some hokey moratorium on cooking, this show, so they all get off Scott free. Either that, or I hope the judges like grilled cheese!

Does anyone know if Mychael has a website or any way to contact her? I can't remember what show (Apprentice maybe??) the contestants all seemed to have web pages where you could email them, but it would be nice to encourage Mychael personally and send her well wishes.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Quote Originally Posted by WomynLee
    They made their dam now swim in it. :phhht

Good One, WomynLee!!!
    Get Fantasia's self titled CD, in stores now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by boxhill
    Exactly. In other competition shows where the winner is supposed to actually have some ability in order to fulfill the premise--The Apprentice, ANTM--the *judges* make the decisions, not the fellow contestants. Who is going to tune in to see lowest-common-denominator-person's-crappy-crafts-and-raw-poultry show? Not me. They have already eliminated most of the people who appeared to have any real talent or personal style. It's very disappointing.

BTW, given the premise of the show, the obvious winning strategy is to put most of your effort into your personal project, and let the team be damned. Which is ridiculous.
    I just wrote a complaint email to CBS on their site, essentially paraphrasing what most of us in the Mychael thread have stated: "Why should we watch a show with "lowest-common-denominator" contestants? I fleshed it out a bit but I thought rather than just griping HERE< , I'd do something about my being upset. I'll see if I get any feedback.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Probably the same feedback the hundreds of thousands of deluded Clay fans got who threatened to boycott , burn, ransack, and lower the stock price of the Fox network after the great Clay fiasco of 03

*yawn*

I think this show isn't that important to them. I just think it's too embarassing for them to yank it after they already killed "the Will".

I know some of you disagree, but I honestly would not watch a show starring her. Texies first assessment was correct. Overall she was dull and became whiny over the next few weeks. As for a website, any 12 yr old can do one. If she's motivated it will happen.
    Last edited by eny; 01-28-2005 at 10:08 AM.

+ Reply to Thread