+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Mychael

Quote Originally Posted by eny
    She could cook, no doubt but so can lots of other people. It's not brain surgery.
    Well, to be fair, there are cooks are then there are cooks. Judging from what we saw on the show and her recipes, Mychael's no Gramercy Tavern exec chef, but she's no amateur neither.

See you can be as wonderful as Iam.
    We are making home made XXX today. If you stunned low lives can figure out how to make them you might have chance to breathe the rarefied air that I do. But I doubt it.
    Whoa. We must have watched two different shows. Anyway, how do you differentiate between taking pride in one's work and being self-absorbed and arrogant?

eny
    FORT Fogey
    We must have . I saw a self absorbed witch that I would never ever watch for ten seconds.

She and Darlene should be put in a cage for a fight to the death cage match. Now THAT's entertainment. The unanimous vote to give her the boot says it all. They booted her despite the fact the others are not cooks, or maybe they are and Mycheal wouldn't let them near the kitchen for fear of losing a finger from a flying knife.

Quote Originally Posted by eny
    The unanimous vote to give her the boot says it all.
    It wasn't because they didn't like her. Amy even said she got close to her and was sorry to vote her off.

It was all because of stradegy which they all said.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by mountaingirl70
    My understanding was that the judges did not know who made each individual product. So, targetting Mychael specifically seems unlikely. I do agree, however, that the judges did not want to award another win to the Crafty Beavers.

I assumed that they DID know. At the end of the show, like all other voting type reality shows, there's a quickie blurb about how the producers were consulted in making decisions that affected the outcome of the show. To me, that's a catch-call saying, "we did some wrangling and haggling on our own."

My thoughts? THere was no way the Crafty Beavers would be allowed to win three in a row -they were obviously dominant. I mean, why in the WORLD does Team Artisan win after SERVING RAW FOOD??!! When food is an important aspect of the event, it doesn't really matter if the CBs made small mistakes here and there. Inedible food should have taken them out of the running altogether. BUT, for equality's sake, the Artisans were declared this week's winner.

The producers "intentionally" put Mychael in the hot seat, along with the red-head for drama's sake. Like, "oh no, not mychael." ALL would assume the red head goes home (apple peel lamp??!! criticized/called out for placing electrical tape prominently on a display, disgusting, doughy cheesecake balls that the judges hated). There, really, would be NO question that she would be sent home.

I think it came back to bite them in the butt when Mychael got sent home. How can they think the show will declare a suitable winner if one of the TOP contenders is sent home the 3rd week? It only hurts them in the end because now, there is a great chance the "best" person will not get picked. Therefore, the "best" person might not be representing their show. IMO, it should be a judges' vote and NOT a team member vote.

u wish u could b me
    Quote Originally Posted by Luv2Scrapbook
    IMO, it should be a judges' vote and NOT a team member vote.
    How likely is it that'll watch a show featuring ...
    quircky-doesn't-know-what-to-do AMY or

getting-the-work-done-because-i-don't-care-for-details MITCH or

i-can-cook-better-than-Mychael-but-my-doughy-cheescake-balls-suck-but-
    can-make-a-great-apple-peel-lamp-if-it-doesn't-rot-in-2-hours HEATHER or.... the list goes on and on.
    Last edited by Mantenna; 01-22-2005 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Reformatted

Quote Originally Posted by Luv2Scrapbook
    I mean, why in the WORLD does Team Artisan win after SERVING RAW FOOD??!! When food is an important aspect of the event, it doesn't really matter if the CBs made small mistakes here and there. Inedible food should have taken them out of the running altogether.
    I thought those raw hamburgers were unforgivable. I expect better out of Wendy, McDonald's, and Burger King. There also wasn't any outstanding food items on the menu to make up for such an obvious last minute failure.

It also was hypocritical of the judges to state how lacking the hamburgers were and how other better ideas were shot down then point out how Mychael found time to cook some of the same items and more.

I lost respect for the judges' opinions this week.

Quote Originally Posted by nausicaa
    Whoa. We must have watched two different shows. Anyway, how do you differentiate between taking pride in one's work and being self-absorbed and arrogant?
    Maybe competence is being mistaken for an attitude because I thought Mychael had a nice personality.

I haven't found anyone else on the series to be a stand out or an exceptionally engaging TV personality. I won't tune in to watch any of the remaining contestants on another series. I was surprised at how long this series is scheduled for and I won't have a problem not watching all the episodes without the best cooks.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarlady
    Maybe competence is being mistaken for an attitude because I thought Mychael had a nice personality.

I haven't found anyone else on the series to be a stand out or an exceptionally engaging TV personality. I won't tune in to watch any of the remaining contestants on another series. I was surprised at how long this series is scheduled for and I won't have a problem not watching all the episodes without the best cooks.
    "High Fives!", sugarlady! I guess both you and I will be having Thursday evenings open now, after next weeks show!

Let's see: Electrical tape showing VS. Uncooked Meat? Hm-m-m-m...that's tough....aesthetic vs. food poisoning....Okay...I got it! FOOD POISONING and a cushy "loo" to use afterward!!!

Was that really what the judges were thinking? Prejudice is an interesting and funny thing when it's leveled at excellence to allow mediocrity to float to the top. I guess it's the "Safety in numbers" approach.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Well, you know, I've been to lots of parties where the food wan't all that good, and just passed it up and ate later, and still had a grand old time. I've also been places where the food was standout, but I couldn't get away fast enough! So maybe Mychael just was unlucky enough to have to pay for the judge's not liking the atmosphere (or lack of it after Mitch sucked it all up--quite a feat when you're outside!)
    I did think Mychael was good at cooking, but I don't know if she has any other skills, because she was never shown doing anything besides cooking. And actually, I think the show might be more interesting without her cooking to carry the CB team. As for the idea that the winner will be around on a followup show...I don't really care, because I won't be watching it; even Mychael didn't seem to be such a great chef that I'd spend time watching her either. Besides, when the winner of one of these shows gets a show (King of the Jungle, can't think of any other), modeling contract (America's Next Top Model, Manhunt) or whatever, who actually sees them again unless they go out and make a special search to see what the prizewinner is doing?
    Last edited by queenb; 01-23-2005 at 01:59 AM.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I thought Mychael had a great personality, and she could have very easily pulled a Darlene and trumpeted 'quail deviled eggs' idea when Bobby Flay mentioned it on an earlier episode.. Frankly, I do believe the producers simply did not want the Beavers to win 3 times in a row. Martha's crafts were usually but not always, mediocre, but she made up for it in the Kitchen and Garden, and I really don't need to know how to make an acorn purse or an apple peel lamp. Mychael never sounded pretentious, she just sounded matter fact and knowledgeable about food. As others have pointed out, this show should not be so Survivoresque as the winner is supposedly getting their own show, not appearing on the Surreal Life or as a guest star on Joey after it's over.

+ Reply to Thread