+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Mychael

Quote Originally Posted by RobC4Me
    I would much rather have an outdoor survivor kit than an acorn bag!
    I thought the outdoor survivor kit was creative and practical. I could see myself having a need to use the kit. I must admit that I never took that acorn bag seriously not even as a fashion item in the woods.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarlady
    I thought the outdoor survivor kit was creative and practical. I could see myself having a need to use the kit. I must admit that I never took that acorn bag seriously not even as a fashion item in the woods.
    Even the CBS website has the creator of the bag stating, "It's not practical but can be left open to hold flowers."

Yeah.

Whatever.

Let's see you pull a rabbit out of THAT bag and cook it up with a currant sauce next week!

Idiots.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Quote Originally Posted by lambikins
    Sometimes a person can do too good of a job. I'll miss you, Mychael.
    Mychael definitely was penalized for being too good. When the judges asked if Mychael did most of the cooking as usual, I took that as more of a negative observation than a compliment.

I even enjoyed the campy River Dance entertainment on the stage much more than the other team's sing a long. I also liked the Moroccan like theme and colors and the dinner table setting and decorations.

The judges just seemed determined to not award a third victory to Mychael's team. It seemed like they deliberately put her in the elimination round for consistently upstaging and dominating the other contestants.

Mychael definitely was penalized for being too good. When the judges asked if Mychael did most of the cooking as usual, I took that as more of a negative observation than a compliment.

I even enjoyed the campy River Dance entertainment on the stage much more than the other team's sing a long. I also liked the Moroccan like theme and colors and the dinner table setting and decorations.

The judges just seemed determined to not award a third victory to Mychael's team. It seemed like they deliberately put her in the elimination round for consistently upstaging and dominating the other contestants.
    I'm glad that I'm not the only one to see a Conspiracy Theory. There is NO way, if the judges know which teams did what, that the network or the judges are going to allow one team to consecutively win and one to lose. I think that it would be much more fair if each team did their thang, and then the camera crew followed the judges around as they ooo'd and aaaa'd, with having the teams watch and listen on a closed circuit TV.

Then, and ONLY then, after the judges had decided which team lost, would it be revealed to them, and at that time, they could chose the two weakest individual projects. After all, the judges are going in "blind" to judge the contestants projects; why can't they do the same for the "Big Picture?"

However sad I am that Mychael lost, I have full faith that she will be a star. I'm a lot like Mychael and it wasn't until I started my own firm that I could market my "flaws" into assets that produced $$$$$. I was told by floral and landscape companies, that I worked for in my youth, that "you spend too much time with the customer; it doesn't have to be perfect; you get too involved in your projects...blah..blah...blah.."

One person's Know it All is another person's Landscape Architect.

Mychael, you can cook for ME any day of the week!

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

FORT Fogey
    It seemed like they deliberately put her in the elimination round for consistently upstaging and dominating the other contestants.
    My understanding was that the judges did not know who made each individual product. So, targetting Mychael specifically seems unlikely. I do agree, however, that the judges did not want to award another win to the Crafty Beavers.

I have to disagree; it was a competition for the whole camp thing not, a cooking competition. So the Artisan's meal was crap...didya get a good look at the bedroom they had set up, and the landscaping-- and also notice there were no unfinished looking parts of the camp? I hated to see Mychael go, but I did know her teammates would can her the first time they got a chance.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb
    I hated to see Mychael go, but I did know her teammates would can her the first time they got a chance.
    I'm on the same page with you, queenb, regarding the 'canning' of Mychael. I really thought, though, that it would be far, far in the future rather than the third person out of the slots.

The problem is, excepting Mitch (Boo! Hiss!) and Darlene (Whatever.) I haven't cared or been excited by any other contestant. Why in the world should I watch a TV show where the remaining contestants are vanillaN, rather than Madagascar Vanilla? If I am bored by them now, I'm for sure to be bored with them when they win.

u wish u could b me
    If you check out the recipe page Mychael is kickass. She has the Wild Rice Pilaf with Sweet Currants,Grilled Vegetables Marinated in Garlic and Thyme, Chocolate Fondue with Assorted Fruit Platter Compared to Amy's shallow bug juice and acorn purse

Quote Originally Posted by mountaingirl70
    My understanding was that the judges did not know who made each individual product. So, targetting Mychael specifically seems unlikely.
    That's my understanding, too, mountaingirl70. Unless there's something about the individual project which would specifically point to one of the participants (like Tim's deck), I don't think the judges know.

If they did know and wanted to target someone for possible elimination, I'd think it more likely they would've picked Amy's acorn purse (as they said they didn't really have an idea what her strengths were so far) than Mychael's survival kit (whose cooking they obviously appreciated).

It's one of the aspects of the show that makes it a little bit different. You can actually be completely successful in your part of the team task, yet find yourself on the chopping block because of your individual project.
    Quote Originally Posted by mountaingirl70
    I do agree, however, that the judges did not want to award another win to the Crafty Beavers.
    Ditto!

eny
    FORT Fogey
    She could cook, no doubt but so can lots of other people. It's not brain surgery. She is so self absorbed I think a show starring her would reflect that.

See you can be as wonderful as Iam.
    We are making home made XXX today. If you stunned low lives can figure out how to make them you might have chance to breathe the rarefied air that I do. But I doubt it.

+ Reply to Thread