+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Mychael

I'd never seen this show before seeing a bit this episode with Mychael's departure.

Didn't care for the name, couldn't focus on the show.

She seemed to want to have it both ways at the end, reminding her group about how strong she was, and then when parting saying something like "when you're in a group, they're going to get rid of the strong ones."

Either one of her statement passages was fib based and designed for public consumption, not reflecting her true thoughts; or it would appear to a 5 minute viewer (like me) who stumbled in that she had a bit of the clueless flu and perhaps her pals made the right call sending her packing. Otherwise, wouldn't she have accentuated something else than strength if that is what she believes the herd trys to rid itself of?

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    That's exactly why I thought she should have left the cooking up to the others.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Reality tv fan
    I thought Mychael was the perfect candidate to win this show, her culinary skills were extraordinary. I don't think anyone else even comes close.
    Word, RtvFan, Word. For me, it's not a case of Sour Grapes, in regards to continue watching the show. It's more a case of "What reason do I now have to watch the show?"

I would NEVER believe that if a younger Martha Stewart were trying out for this prize, that she'd be lurking in the background, like so many dust bunnies, waiting for the crowd to part so she could find her voice.

Bottom Line: Mychael threatened EVERY SINGLE MEMBER on her team, and as they said so themselves, "it's a game and a strategy and she had to leave for them to win."

Honestly, would ANYONE at FoRT or elsewhere watch a show with Timid Tim, the shy finisher that builds bridges in the middle of nowhere? Or, what about Aimless Amy, the whiner who thought that "if I only had a voice", she'd benefit from Mychael's leaving? I don't need to watch a show where the host is afraid of their own shadow. Here's what CBS has to say about Mychael's leaving: "Although her menu choices and skilled food preparation were consistently strong, her team members unanimously ousted her to protect their own futures in the game."

Yes, it's true: The meek SHALL inherit the Book Deal!

I'm going to watch this show for one more week, 'cause I want to see the smugness wiped off of Mitch's face and the other wannabe's when their SpaghettiO's get panned by the judges and ALL their arses get kicked of out of Connecticut!
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    lambikins..wow sweety.. lil angry?
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    lambikins..wow sweety.. lil angry?
    YES!!! Now I'll never be able to finish that needlepoint pillow with Mychael's name on it and send it to her....pout-pout...

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Quote Originally Posted by lambikins
    Word, RtvFan, Word. For me, it's not a case of Sour Grapes, in regards to continue watching the show. It's more a case of "What reason do I now have to watch the show?"

I would NEVER believe that if a younger Martha Stewart were trying out for this prize, that she'd be lurking in the background, like so many dust bunnies, waiting for the crowd to part so she could find her voice.

Bottom Line: Mychael threatened EVERY SINGLE MEMBER on her team, and as they said so themselves, "it's a game and a strategy and she had to leave for them to win."

Honestly, would ANYONE at FoRT or elsewhere watch a show with Timid Tim, the shy finisher that builds bridges in the middle of nowhere? Or, what about Aimless Amy, the whiner who thought that "if I only had a voice", she'd benefit from Mychael's leaving? I don't need to watch a show where the host is afraid of their own shadow. Here's what CBS has to say about Mychael's leaving: "Although her menu choices and skilled food preparation were consistently strong, her team members unanimously ousted her to protect their own futures in the game."

Yes, it's true: The meek SHALL inherit the Book Deal!

I'm going to watch this show for one more week, 'cause I want to see the smugness wiped off of Mitch's face and the other wannabe's when their SpaghettiO's get panned by the judges and ALL their arses get kicked of out of Connecticut!
    A double crafty
    Oh lambikins, that is exactly how I feel. The sad part is that we have yet to see her other talents. Because of strategy, the group always delegated cooking to her because it's her specialty. I was looking forward to her long stay as the group numbers diminished so that we could see how "Martha" she really was. I don't blame the judges for putting her individual project in the bottom two. As cute and convenient it was, it really didn't follow the rules of creativity. I blame, however, the group for eliminating her of the two. They made their dam now swim in it. :phhht

Mychael was my favorite contestant on this series. Her long lists of recipes for the series is very impressive. I'm sure Mychael will receive other business opportunities from appearing on this series.

I thought she took her vote off like a gracious diplomat. Personally, I think she was given an all around raw deal. I thought her team should have won this week and were far superior. I was not impressed by the outdoor toilet or sleeping quarters of the winning team. I can make better burgers in a few minutes.

I also liked Mychael's individual project. I liked the material used for her outdoor survival kit.

Mychael's elimination has leveled the playing field for the other team and given them a second reprieve after they were given a new team member.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarlady
    I also liked Mychael's individual project. I liked the material used for her outdoor survival kit.
    I just took the time to re-watch the show and I'm madder than ever! When they showed CB making their individual projects, they first showed Mychael. In a voice over, she told of how she wanted to "do something really creative, so I sewed this survival kit..." Operative word there....sewed!!!

However, when the judges were critiquing HER work, they flipped open the bag and David asked, "Did she make this?" to which the female judge said, "NO! She bought it!"

I just wish that when the judges told the players which of the projects were the lower two, that they would also say WHY!! That way, Mychael could have let them know that she did NOT buy the Survival Bag, but sewed it from scratch.

Sometimes a person can do too good of a job. I'll miss you, Mychael.

I too think Mychael rocked. Too bad that the rest of her team is so insecure and voted out the only person who showed real skill and talent. I would much rather have an outdoor survivor kit than an acorn bag!

Quote Originally Posted by RobC4Me
    I too think Mychael rocked. Too bad that the rest of her team is so insecure and voted out the only person who showed real skill and talent. I would much rather have an outdoor survivor kit than an acorn bag!
    Mychael's closing comment to her group should have been, "Put THIS in your ACORN bag and stuff it!"

+ Reply to Thread