+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Mychael

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    She wasn't 'ripping' them up..she was moving them to another area where it was more aesthetically pleasing. Which, I think was a great idea for this competition. Besides..it won't kill'm. They're just located in a different spot.

The premise behind this particular competition was to make it a "high-end" camping experience. That's why they got FIVE thousand dollars for everything and $500 for food! Seriously..if I was ever given that to truly spend on a camping experience, I'd be tempted to live there forever. It would be plush, trust me.
    That's why they had that toilet... a "high-end" shiatter.
    I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on Darlene's landscaping. (Moving wild plants around is a camping no-no, and they ARE likely to die. They are growing where they are for a reason.) But you're probably right about it being a good idea for this competition. The ethics of low impact camping are probably not a high priority for these judges!

I wouldn't have any trouble spending $5,000 on camping equipment for six or so, myself. Big tents, cots, nice sleeping bags, folding camp tables, camp chairs, cookstoves, lanterns, cookware....as long as I didn't have to carry it all in and out!

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eny
    Probably the same feedback the hundreds of thousands of deluded Clay fans got who threatened to boycott , burn, ransack, and lower the stock price of the Fox network after the great Clay fiasco of 03

*yawn*
    Seriously...

I think this show isn't that important to them. I just think it's too embarassing for them to yank it after they already killed "the Will".

I know some of you disagree, but I honestly would not watch a show starring her. Texies first assessment was correct. Overall she was dull and became whiny over the next few weeks. As for a website, any 12 yr old can do one. If she's motivated it will happen.
    I agree with everything you said here.

Uhh..sorry lambikins

eta:
    Quote Originally Posted by boxhill
    I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on Darlene's landscaping. (Moving wild plants around is a camping no-no, and they ARE likely to die. They are growing where they are for a reason.)
    They are ferns, not some wild, rare, prized orchids.
    Moving a fern is like moving an ice plant.. & if you know anything about ice plants, you'll know that they're very hearty. Besides, I highly doubt her moving the ferns blew the ecosystem of the woods.
    But, I'll agree to disagree. That's always fun!
    Last edited by Maveno; 01-28-2005 at 02:19 PM.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    Seriously...

I agree with everything you said here.

Uhh..sorry lambikins
    I may be sick but I'm NOT blind , Maveno!!! Lambi has 20/20 vision and wool of steel...pf-f-f-f-t...

It takes more than slinged barbs against Mychael to *ding* MY steel-like wool!

Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Damn woman, you're killing me!!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by boxhill

I wouldn't have any trouble spending $5,000 on camping equipment for six or so, myself. Big tents, cots, nice sleeping bags, folding camp tables, camp chairs, cookstoves, lanterns, cookware....as long as I didn't have to carry it all in and out!
    I was just thinking today that they could have bought a generator and a real stove at Sears and then they could have made a super-duper gourmet meal that had NOTHING to do with camp food as the them WAS High End Camping and not had to worry about lighting a fire or cooking over it.

Personally if I was going to make burgers, I would have to agree with Bobby on the pie thing: knock it out of the park. Make burgers out of ground emu meat or something way, way different than turkey or beef.

I would not have done normal camping food. I would have done something really spectacular to knock the judges socks off.

Mychael (this is her thread right?) tried to go all fancy on the camping trip and the judges deemed it a mite too pretentious. It's always a good idea to cook food that fits in your theme. Kebabs would have worked well. Less muss and fuss, but still better than half cooked turkeyburgers.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

+ Reply to Thread