+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Michelle

A Duvet is the cover for the down filled quilt, and it's not snotty, that's just what they are called.

FORT Fogey
    Oh, I like her. The fresh comment was really really really on the mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotuslander
    A Duvet is the cover for the down filled quilt, and it's not snotty, that's just what they are called.
    Sorry to disagree, but as I said the duvet IS the quilt, originally, and later a comforter. It's literally just a fancier french word for those things. That why the covers are called duvet covers and not duvets. Literally the word means "down" (as in "soft feathers") and the covers are an accessory.

Here's one reference, of many.
    Last edited by Krom; 01-07-2005 at 10:35 AM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    Sorry to disagree, but as I said the duvet IS the quilt, originally, and later a comforter. It's literally just a fancier french word for those things. That why the covers are called duvet covers and not duvets. Literally the word means "down" (as in "soft feathers") and the covers are an accessory.

Here's one reference, of many.
    Leave it to you Krom to be so "spot-on" with your definitions. I'm glad you're watching though.

Oh, by the way, I'm snooty too. I have duvet's and duvet-covers for just about every bed in my house. I like to change things up a lot without a complete redecorating project. Adding the cover and changing around a few accessories can transform the look of any room! Yeah, I watch too much HGTV.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 times
    I like the idea of the inverse pattern painted canvas... love how she points out "fresh" whipped cream too.

She's okay.
    I see potential here.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Archery Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Yeah..duvet covers at our home too. But, I don't scarf down tons of chocolate and paint inverse pictures of any of'm. Not to mention a 6' x 2' size either. Geezuz. Must not have been that hard of a "pattern".

She seemed very backstabby to me. Especially when she was sitting on the bed talking to whatshername.. she just seemed very conniving. I don't trust her. Mark my words on that. :nono

Hobbies: Wine tastings
    Isn't this just a snooty way of saying I'm an alcoholic??

Yeah, my "hobbies" include beer tasting too.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Duvet cover is what I meant, and it's much simpler to say than the cloth bag you slip your down-filled comforter in to.

FORT Fogey
    The definition of duvet varies depending on where you live. In Canada and Europe 'comforter' and 'duvet' are two different things.

Anyways, I can't get over how perfect this girl is...

FORT Fanatic
    Can someone explain to me why Michelle's truffles were considered to be a failing party favor? (I checked her recipe, and it is acceptable, although all the refridgeration steps are completely unnecessary and it would have been a good idea to add butter and liqueur to the ganache, and temper the chocolate properly. But I'm assuming she did some of those things because she didn't have enough time.) They seemed vastly superior to the other choices, to me.

boxhill,

The only thing that they really criticized was the box in which she had put her truffles. Everyone else used reusable containers, but Michelle's box was basically a throwaway. Compared to the packaging of the others, it just wasn't as superior.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast