+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Darlene

FORT Fogey
    Average Joe contestant, and Carrottop lookalike.

How funny you brought up David Daaaaskal! My teen son was just zipping around the house like a fiend, bounding about like David (remember him jumping on the living room sofas?! ) and shouting Daaaavid Daaaskal! Needless to say, we were roaring!
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Quote Originally Posted by dfleming2
    I feel really bad for her, because some people on her team seem really awful... The first episode, when she was asked about her ideas that weren't used, I don't blame her for it. She knew the team was going downhill, and that they were going to lose, why not try and save yourself?
    I think Darlene is a total weirdo, and I'd vote her off in a heartbeat.. But how can you say that her bad-mouthing her team was a way to "save herself"? The judges don't vote you off, nor do they know which individual project is yours - so by doing that, she is only giving her teammates sour grapes. Probably the main reason nobody likes her is because she sold her team out. And now, nobody will forget that when she ends up on the chopping block. At this point in the game I think it would be best to do what's best for the team, and get along well with others.
    I lost 155 pounds in 3 weeks, and I'm ecstatic .. Ride the Snake!

Quote Originally Posted by mom2
    She just gets on my nerves. I'm not going to analyze why ... she just does.
    Exactly.
    "I only run if I'm being chased" (Dominique- Making the Band 3)

Actually, I was very surprised this last episode; Darlene actually redeemed herself with the landscaping and I actually did think the outhouse was a hoot!
    Plus, she wasn't making nearly so many weird faces and stuff.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I agree queenb! She totally redeemed herself in MY book anyway. She was busting ass to dig up those cute ferns and making that path! I was very very happy that she did all the landscaping...cuz it's VERY important that you're not stumbling over branches, logs, puddles..etc.. a path is perfect!

I thought her basket was pretty funny, especially how she was talking about it.

She still had her overacting attitude/facial expressions though.. When Marla (is that her name?) cooked the turkey burgers and the judges were bagging on the whole thing.. Darlene was ALL sadddd face, frowny, putting her arm around Marla, rubbing her shoulder...
    her actions just really bugged me!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Rab
    Wow I actually like Darlene. She's got a lot of creative ideas and thank goodness Team Artisan won this week.

Maveno the woman doing the cooking was Margo.

Mar..go, not la!! Thanks rab!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

MRD
    We rented and watched the 2004 Stepford Wives last night. Near the end, Glenn Close does a scene that reminded me SO much of Darlene. And not in a good way either, as she's a little unhinged at this point of the movie. I am now convinced Darlene is one of the Stepford Wives after watching this movie. It was pretty funny and my husband even said "she's acting that woman on Wickedly Perfect".

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    I'm sorry, but I just adore this woman. She is the only thing that makes the show remotely watchable. She's hysterical and so frikkin' fun to watch. I hope Darlene wins!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast