+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Bobby Flay-Judge

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    I can think of a dozen Tv cooks who show more creativity and imgination than Bobby Flay..heck Rachel Ray is better with a spatula..Heriuki Saki is more colorful and Mario Vitale....can deliver lines on Camera better....but for the people he is judging and their collective talents....Bobby Flay is a better choice than the other two judges.... and has been more fair...

FORT Newbie
    Bobby Flay as a judge on this insipid show......hmmmm I rather see Rocco Despirito make a jack--- of himself again then to watch Bobby Flay trying to be a style judge.

FORT Newbie
    I think Bobby Flay is a jerk because on the show where original team artisan threw the French style dinner party he totally ripped into them for cooking the rack of lamb medium rare, and then about a week later I see him on Iron Chef America and the secret ingredient was lamb and he cooked every dish medium rare, and when the judges on that show said they liked theirs more done he said that when cooking lamb it is customary to cook it medium rare. I just think what is good for the goose is good for the gander. He should have told the other judges that too on Wickedly Perfect because they think all of their meat is undercooked.

I beg to differ, nicholeaap...I recapped that show and it's clearly David and Candace who complained about the too rare lamb. There wasn't a lamb's peep out of Bobby on that regard.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

This is the result you get when you have a twit like this judging.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyse
    This is the result you get when you have a twit like this judging.

As a latecomer in watching this show I could NOT believe his decision on who he went with when he voted..... :rolleyes

I found Bobby to be the most enjoyable judge of the show which shocked the heck out of me. He is generally so vain and cocky on his food shows.

As far as who he picked, he had the right buzzword last night: marketability. It all boils down to that.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy
    I've never heard of him.
    Me either. After watching him on Wickedly Perfect he turned me against ever watching Wickedly Perfect again for fear of having to watch him again (that is him and Miss Ribbon Flower). Ugh what a combo :phhht

Maybe if Mitch had thrown around some of the candleholders he made and had jumped up on the screen test display table and thrown a Bobby Flay-style temper tantrum ala Iron Chef, Bobby would have better connected to him.

If somone can market Baby Bobby Flay, there should be no trouble marketing Mitch, who was upset, but was able to be adult about it.
    "Nothing intoxicates some people like a sip of authority."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345