+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bobby Flay-Judge

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    Will NOT watch if he's on here. How sad..
    Ok. I watched, cuz, well..I'm an addict. I can't ignore any new reality shows..well, I can..but I always have to watch the first episode.
    Anywho, I'll retract my earlier statement. I'm liking this one a lot.

They didn't focus too much on HIM and he was quite subdued compared to every other single time I've seen him on screen.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

ack, it's too bad the show NEEDS a food judge .......so we get ..... Flobby Bay. does anyone else think Colin Cowie would have been a better choice than let's say David or Candace? So glad Cojo isn't in the recipe ... oh CBS, why oh why is Colin not on the show? Did you guys even try? waaaa

Iron Chef America:

Flay vs. Bayless
    Iron Chef Bobby Flay takes on Challenger Rick Bayless in a battle of southwestern flair. See who’s cuisine reigns supreme!

AIR TIMES:
    January 16, 2005 9:00 PM ET/PT
    January 17, 2005 1:00 AM ET/PT
    January 19, 2005 11:00 PM ET/PT
    January 20, 2005 3:00 AM ET/PT
    January 22, 2005 7:00 PM ET/PT

MRD
    I'm not a flay fan - too pretentious (but not as pretentious as chef Mario Batali), but I think he's going to be the Simon of this show. Of the 3 judges, I like him the best even tho I like him least on foodtv. Candace is a bit*h (my dh said he didn't know they got hookers to judge a Martha Stewart type show - referring to her outfit in episode one) and David is some alien they beamed down to judge this contest.

Bobby's been relatively nice so far, in his criticisms of the food from the teams. I keep waiting for him to bust out some nastiness Makes me think he might not be such a jerk...
    Last edited by Texicana; 01-17-2005 at 12:54 PM.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Quote Originally Posted by Texicana
    Makes me think he might not be such a jerk...
    Cue forboding music. DUM DUM DUM.... Texie, you're just asking for problems, arentcha?

Well, I've made no bones about my respect for him as a chef He's mad talented. He shouldn't throw cutting boards around or stand on them, but I would love to eat his food!
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Surprisingly, he's been not only tolerable, but borderline nice as a judge on this show. Unlike the others, he doesn't seem to hunt for things to carp about and the things he does criticize seem reasonable. I thought the poached egg demo was pretty cool of him.

I'm a long-time Flay-hater but I have to admit I'm beginning to soften. Dang it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    I started "hating" him after I saw him compete on Iron Chef, USA -vs- Iron Chefs.. Anyway, he complained about water on the floor, the extension cords and said that that's why he couldn't 'work well'.. or whatever. Then, when the final 10 seconds was going on, he jumped up and onto the cutting board. I'm pretty sure it was Morimoto he was against, and Morimoto who was CLEARLY bothered about Blobby's actions, said so to the camera.. he also said Blobby clearly doesn't respect the kitchen.
    He acted like a flamboyant jackass the whole show, to the point I was embarrassed for the U.S cuz of the way we may be portrayed.
    Ugh - that is the precise moment in time when I lost any shred of respect I had for him. He was the epitome of an "ugly American" - I don't care if his cooking skills are good at all, the man is a trantrum-throwing crybaby. Many chefs have lost in kitchen stadium with grace and dignity - not Baby Bobby.

Catherine
    "Nothing intoxicates some people like a sip of authority."

FORT Fanatic
    I've never seen him before. He's been perfectly pleasant on this show.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast