+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Joan Lunden-Host

Joan Lunden-Host

[IMG]images/img/lunden_bio.jpg[/IMG]

"Always give others a gift that you yourself would like to receive."

A well-known wife, mom and homemaker herself, Emmy Award winner Joan Lunden was the longest-running co-host on early morning television, co-hosting "Good Morning America" from August 1980 through September 1997. During her tenure, she reported from 26 countries, covered four presidents, five Olympics and two royal weddings. Currently, Lunden hosts and executive produces "Behind Closed Doors with Joan Lunden." Lunden has been allowed access to the inner workings of places few have ever seen, including flying at 65,000 feet in a U2 Reconnaissance aircraft, survival training with Army's Special Forces, the Culinary Institute of America, the private warehouses of the Smithsonian Institution and the elite world of thoroughbred horse racing.
    Last edited by Texicana; 01-03-2005 at 11:50 AM.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

I always get her mixed up with Jane Pauley. That's not good, is it??

I'd make a smartass comment like "how far she has fallen", except...

...not really. She was a morning show host for pity's sake. She was like Julie Chen, only with more career stamina.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Isn't she the one that had twins using a surrogate mother (I think they're about 2 years old) and is in the process of having having ANOTHER set of twins?
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Yes Jewls, she's the mother of three girls who are probably grown, and the twins. She is in her mid 50's. While on GMA she got quite heavy, got health and exercise conscious and has kept the weight off ever since. Actually, she's the kind of gal we love to hate but I happen to love her. I haven't watched GMA since she left. I think she was shown the door. I never understood why they thought that Diane Sawyer was a better fit for the job.
    Krom to say that she was like Julie Chen is like saying that a GEO is like a Cadillac. They may serve the same purpose, but that's where the similarity ends.
    Texi, I would consider her about par with Jane Pauley. They are both professional and intelligent women.
    Last edited by Muduh; 01-03-2005 at 09:37 PM.

I agree, muduh. I like her and haven't watched morning tv since she left.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Yesterday on the View, while discussing surrogate mothers, Joan said that there are not enough children to adopt.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky
    Yesterday on the View, while discussing surrogate mothers, Joan said that there are not enough children to adopt.

In a way she's right - at least not enough healthy, white babies. And heaven forbid if you don't have a separate bedroom for EACH KID - like it's not enough to give them a home but they MUST have their own room. I knew someone who had 1 girl and wanted to adopt a baby girl because she didn't have a separate bedroom (for a boy). She was turned down and the reason given was that she didn't have that 3rd bedroom - guess the adoption agency didn't think it was right that 2 girls share a room - go figure!

So anyway, about Joan. I think she's well suited to hosting a show of this type. She even looks like Martha in her heyday.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Kudos to Joan for wanting all those kids, but not having them without the resources to care for them. She seems like a great mom - she seems like a happy mom.

I agree she'll be a good host - but....did Martha have a heyday?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast