+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Joan Lunden-Host

When I was pregnant and after my son was born (he's 16 now) Joan had a show called "Mother's Day" that she hosted and her (then) husband Michael Krauss produced for Lifetime TV. It was really quite good - very informative and down-to-earth. She always had a guest that was an older man - a pediatrician named T. Barry Brazelton. He specialized in child development and was a foundation of our child raising.
    She's also very active as a spokesperson for MADD, and personally I really like the TV show Behind Closed Doors because I know those doors will never be opened to me and she visits some really cool places!
    I wouldn't say I'm a wild fan of Joan's, but I do admire at least the pretty 'normal celebrity-type person she seems to be.
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveno

Kudos to her for adopting! Whatever age!

But she is not adopting. She is having children via a surrogate mother. And I believe (not possitive tho), that her husband is the bio father.
    Adoption is a wonderful, selfless thing to do. And while there are not a lot of babies, there are SO many older children begging for good, loving homes.

I would really give her kudos if she were adopting some of these children, but I refrain from kudos for her having enough money to pay someone else to get pregnant for her.

Reality Lite Weight LiteWeightLiz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Texicana

A well-known wife, mom and homemaker herself, Emmy Award winner Joan Lunden was the longest-running co-host on early morning television, co-hosting "Good Morning America" from August 1980 through September 1997. During her tenure, she reported from 26 countries, covered four presidents, five Olympics and two royal weddings. Currently, Lunden hosts and executive produces "Behind Closed Doors with Joan Lunden." Lunden has been allowed access to the inner workings of places few have ever seen, including flying at 65,000 feet in a U2 Reconnaissance aircraft, survival training with Army's Special Forces, the Culinary Institute of America, the private warehouses of the Smithsonian Institution and the elite world of thoroughbred horse racing.
    I read somewhere years ago that she landed the job with GMA, (and subsequently, accomplished all of the above) with an AA degree in a junior college in Sacramento (can't remember the name right now).

That's quite impressive, IMO.
    Quote: "Going cold turkey isn't as delicious as it sounds." -- Homer Simpson

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    All I can say is... WOW! What the hell was Joan wearing?! The Rhinestone Cowgirl, giddy up!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Joan is so mis- cast for this show.

I really like her as a TV personality, but that's just it, in this show she has NO personality. Plus the lighting is horrible and she always looks washed out.
    Support the FORT - Go Green

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123