+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Joan Lunden-Host

J.D. I'm thinking that maybe Martha's biggest heyday is yet to come.
    About Joan, I have the same thoughts that I've expressed about other women who have kids late in life. She is a great looking, vibrant woman but she IS in her mid fifties. That means that twins #2 will graduate high school when she is over seventy. I'm really against that. I have never felt that that is fair to the kids. I wish she'd stop with the kids. Money isn't everything. They may need nurturing somewhere along the way. Will she be up to the task? I still love Joan, but don't agree with her choices.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

Holy helmet-head, Batman!!!!

Too much pinching, pulling, tucking, stretching and injecting going on with her face.. there used to be a time where you could actually see expressions on her face. Geez.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Joan is getting better like Survivor's Jeff Probst. After Joan is persueding from Good Morning America to hosting a reality show.

Joan looks like a man who had sex-reassignment surgery (in that photo). XD XD I'm sorry, that's mean. She seems like a nice person.

FORT Fogey
    That photo really is strange... Notice the weird blush patch on her upper cheekbone and nowhere else... Notice the oversized space between her eyebrows (and the lack of wrinkes as well).

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Muduh
    J.D. I'm thinking that maybe Martha's biggest heyday is yet to come.
    About Joan, I have the same thoughts that I've expressed about other women who have kids late in life. She is a great looking, vibrant woman but she IS in her mid fifties. That means that twins #2 will graduate high school when she is over seventy. I'm really against that. I have never felt that that is fair to the kids. I wish she'd stop with the kids. Money isn't everything. They may need nurturing somewhere along the way. Will she be up to the task? I still love Joan, but don't agree with her choices.

Actually, when I said "resources", I didn't mean strictly money. I don't know how money actually came into play here. She has energy, knowledge, wisdom - and she seems like a very nurturing mom (do we lose our nurturing skills at some point?) ... the kinds of things a twenty-year-old doesn't have to give. And so what if she's seventy when her kids graduate high school? I was a grandma when my daughter graduated from high school. Not that I'm seventy.... Seventy now is not what seventy was a generation or so back. So who are we to judge?

I want to judge that creme brulee again.

I don't think I'd want to be chasing younguns when I'm over fifty, but some people are fine with it. (come to think of it, I never did like the idea, and so chose not to reproduce) I mean, after all, what if you were 38 and had fifteen year old twins, and you died in an auto accident, or developed a crippling illness that made you more helpless than most 70 year olds. It happens-- so more power to Joan if she wants to adopt!
    I do think she's a great hostess for this show, although the contestants suffer greatly in comparison to her poise and presence. She just seems so....together. I'd probably hate her in real life because she's the kind of woman who makes me feel even more like a slob than I already do!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

FORT Regular
    Joan probably had nothing to do with the casting of the show. I can't imagine she was very comfortable with some of them.

She sounds like a robot everytime she opens her mouth.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silksheets
    Joan probably had nothing to do with the casting of the show. I can't imagine she was very comfortable with some of them.
    Definitely! I'll bet she was like to some of the antics.
    You know she made SURE that this wasn't a kooky reality show that most people are THOROUGHLY embarrassed to host (or be on). She doesn't want to risk her "persona" that she's built.
    "Hmm..a Martha Stewartish like reality show..nothing can be trashy about that!" Only to have Tom, on his first speech to everyone lambaste everysingleperson there!! And the catty fighting..the in-fighting.
    That would be great if the producers gave all the contestants a "night off with all the booze they want", like they do on alllll the other reality shows. Wonder what this crowd would be like??

Kudos to her for adopting! Whatever age!
    Last edited by Maveno; 01-14-2005 at 04:51 PM.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast