+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wickedly Perfect: Martha Types Food Fright

Wickedly Perfect: Martha Types Food Fright

December 21, 2004 -- There are real advantages to staging a reality- show hunt for the next Martha Stewart the food.
    Seems that after contes tants were voted off the new CBS reality show, "Wickedly Perfect," the rejected Martha-types passed the time by mak ing huge and lavish meals in their hotel rooms, according to the trade magazine, Televi sion Week.

As usual, the bounced contestants were se questered in a hotel until the series was fin ished taping and a win ner declared.

But because the show was about finding the next big cook and party host, contestants turned their rooms into make-do kitchens with toaster ovens and hot plates.

"They were doing soups and seared ahi tuna," said "Wickedly Perfect" executive pro ducer Eric Schotz said. "Every day it became about the meal."

It helped that the people who were drawn to try out for the show in the first place were highly competi tive and perfectionists.

"I was so blown away when I went there," Schotz told the maga zine. "I thought, what's wrong with you people?"

"Wickedly Perfect" premieres Jan. 6.

Post staff writer
    http://www.nypost.com/entertainment/36881.htm

I saw a couple of ads for this. Looks stupid to me.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

As an avid Martha Stewart devotee.... I'm in for this one. The previews look humorously catty.

True. My favorite personality type is "know-it-all" perfectionist. Thier ego's are so inflated they don't have an inner voice that tells them when to be quiet. It makes for great TV.

Some of the best reality show people were the "perfectionist" types. Should be great to watch. I highly doubt there will be many people to "root" for on this show.

I will be watching at least the first episode of this show.

Sure, it looks stupid. But so? I had to watch a whole season of CBS' CUPID. And after I watched it all, she didn't even marry the guy. Really, I don't even remember who she picked. Robert?

But yeah, I'll watch it. I might even like it. But rooting for someone, probably will be hard.
    Favorite Reality Tv Quote Ever:
    "You have to do it. You have to accomplish your dreams." - Charla, The Amazing Race 5

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/wickedly_perfect

It looks kind of interesting

Hmmmm, I don't know about this one....

Who am I kidding, I'll be glued in front of the TV I'm sure.
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

I like the tag line, "Where the potpouri hits the fan!"

The only thing that bothers me, at the moment, is that it's so heavily female: 9 women to 3 men.

Gay or straight: they couldn't find 3 other men in the US that could be part of this show?
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

I'm a huge Martha fan, but none of these contestants seem remotely in her league. Shake and Bake pork chops? Martha will be rolling over in her cell. I will be watching this one.

+ Reply to Thread