+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are you a Domestic Diva? CBS wants you!

Are you a Domestic Diva? CBS wants you!

CBS ANNOUNCES NATIONWIDE CASTING CALL FOR THE ORIGINAL REALITY SERIES THAT SEEKS TO FIND AMERICA’S NEXT DIVA OF DOMESTICITY

Deadline For Applications Is June 18

12 People To Compete To Be The Ultimate Maven of Domestic Living

Applications are now being accepted for a new CBS reality series that seeks to find America’s next diva of domesticity. Participants will be chosen based on their creative talent, sense of style, personality and overall communication skills.

The new reality series will pit 12 people with a creative knack for the finer things in life in a no-holds-barred competition to crown the country’s new authority on at-home living.

The application and instructions can be found exclusively on the CBS website, www.cbs.com. A two-minute creative videotape demonstrating why the applicant believes he or she is a great candidate to become the next diva of domesticity and two color photographs must accompany the completed forms. The deadline for application packages is June 18.

The series will follow a group of people living together somewhere in the northeastern part of the United States as they compete in different areas of home-keeping, including gardening, cooking, baking, sewing, crafts, floral arranging and decorating. In addition to chronicling relationships that develop between the participants, each week a contestant will be eliminated from the series when they are judged on their flair for elegant living, party planning and expertise in homemaking.

The host, prize and broadcast date of the series will be announced at a later date.

The series will be produced by LMNO Productions whose credits include, "Kids Say the Darndest Things," hosted by Bill Cosby, "Guinness World Records: Primetime," "Celebrity Boot Camp," "The Littlest Groom," "Amazing Medical Stories" and "Behind Closed Doors with Joan Lunden."

Eric Schotz and Bill Paolantonio are executive producers.

A house full of Martha Stewarts!?!?
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

I hope there's enough booze to go around

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Yet another reality show I'm unqualified for

I have a sister that is GREAT with home decor who applied for this. She said she sent her video in yesterday.. I (think) hope she gets selected.

FORT Newbie
    My mother would be good on this show. I don't know if I want to watch a show with 6 of my mothers. I will have to see when it starts.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    The series will be produced by LMNO Productions whose credits include, "Kids Say the Darndest Things," hosted by Bill Cosby, "Guinness World Records: Primetime," "Celebrity Boot Camp," "The Littlest Groom," "Amazing Medical Stories" and "Behind Closed Doors with Joan Lunden."
    Continuing their streak of quality innovative programming, I see.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Hi! I'm new here and just came across this board in particular.

Karen14, what exactly did your sister have to do for an audition tape for this show? I can imagine what you'd do on other audition tapes, but what would you do on a tape for a Martha Stewart wannabe show????

I know the winner already (tee hee!)

My best friend could kick everyone's butt in this one. I just emailed it to her and double-dog-dared her to enter. I even offered to take care of her kid when she goes away to do it. Bahahaha!
    Carly
    Time flies by in photographs, and paper scraps and songs... Read mine...

Chairman of the Bored Cruella_DeVil's Avatar

Omg

I agree that a show full of Marthawannabes would just be way too much to stomach!!!!

From the application: g. You must be in excellent physical and mental health.

Yeah... if you actually were in excellent mental health, you definitely would not sign up for something like this! You would just stay in the FoRT and watch those Marthawannabes!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast