+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 9-6 Show FINALE *spoilers*

9-6 Show FINALE *spoilers*

Ahhhh...the final two hours were worth watching the whole season.

When the final three became, in truth, the final three, I cheered. After their task that day, it would have been too hard to say goodbye to Hygena, Hyper-Strike or The Defuser.

Stan seemed to really be enjoying himself with these finalists - and I did too. The Defuser learned more about leadership balance, Hyper-Stike showed more personality, and Hygena - oh my, Hygena - discovered she could wield her feather duster with the best of them (I also liked her left thrown punch during the fight training). Each became worthy of the crown, but the correct choice was made with The Defuser.

I really thought, though, that Stan might just crown all three as each brought something different to the superhero palate. The Defuser - strength...Hyper-Strike - physical agility...and Hygena - a soft spot for those in need.

Production set up the ending at Universal Studios again this year, and the crowd seemed much larger than last year. It was special to see the family/friend messages and appearances just like last year; but the difference in production was The Defuser going down into the crowd, then a spotlight (ala Batman) projecting the name of the show overhead. The Next Great Project. I must admit I wiped a tear or two or three during the last half hour. The show with the over done special effects finally became special.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Re: 9-6 Show FINALE *spoilers*

I really don't like how they move these to the "retired" section before the show is retired instead of just moving it to the "other reality TV shows" section (and yet kept that pirate show up on the "shows we cover" board even after it was cancelled!) -- and when you search for the show, nothing comes up.

But I know the drill now. Will anyone else follow and comment? I can only hope.

I still thought HyperStrike should have won. Hygena had her "story arc" completed with the baby thing, and the Defuser says he wants to fight bad guys, so he should go back to being a real hero -- a cop -- and leave the acting to the kid who is most qualified to do it. Well, I wish them all the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;2561668;
    I really thought, though, that Stan might just crown all three as each brought something different to the superhero palate. The Defuser - strength...Hyper-Strike - physical agility...and Hygena - a soft spot for those in need.
    That had occurred to me too. If not having their own comics, they could have appeared as "sidekicks" in the movie and/or Defuser's comic. I liked the special effects with her feather duster.

I think HyperStrike missed out on an obvious choice to make his character's back story a kid who grew up in a circus. That would have been more interesting than the world-destroyed-by-nuclear-war thing.
    Last edited by Harvest; 09-07-2007 at 06:09 PM.

I was a bit surprised at Defuser winning. Not that he is not able to be a good role model as he has incorporated being a hero into his life. I honestly thought that Hyper Strike deserved it the most.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Yeah, I thought Hyperstrike deserved to win the most, but Defuser was an excellent hero as well, and I'm happy he won. All 3 of them were excellent, and I know I would have had a hard time making a decision between the 3 of them. All in all, this wasn't a bad season. I enjoyed season 1 more, but this was still fun to watch. I hope there's a season 3.

FORT Newbie

Will there definitely be a season 3?

I missed the first 2 and want to catch the next one from the beginning.

+ Reply to Thread