+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 8/30 Show **Spoilers**

8/30 Show **Spoilers**

It's 24 hours later and no one has started a thread for last night's show. Maybe you all are as over it as I am.

But, in case anyone wants to post about the 8-31 happenings...here it is.

Highlights:

They (Hygenia) found the pencil. yay.
    They were directed toward evil by the puppetmaster, Evil Stan. (As I predicted last week.)
    Evil Stan was created by Dr. Dark with DNA from the pencil and the electical surge the heros had to combat last week.
    Upon locating the pencil in a large shipping crate they were all miraculously locked in said crate by Dr. Dark.
    There were fetch it tools in the form of a pipe that could be pieced together in the crate and tools to pry open the crate placed about 3-4 feet in front of an arm size perfectly round hole sawn into the wooden crate's front edge.

At this point I started to fast forward and wished they would also. Finally after the pipe broke apart, the men (mostly Hyper Strike) found a net bag type thing and filled it with a few pieces of pipe (I think as I was still on F1 mode) then tied a belt and Hyper Strike's long scarf to it and pushing it through the hole managed to snag a pry bar and bring it up to reaching distance. With the bar they took out nails holding the door edges and then all four gave the door section a mighty kick and it fell down. I can't remember how many minutes remained on the hour clock, but it wasn't many. Hygenia sweat a lot, but reminded herself to overcome this non-hygenic situation.

Oh, before I forget, and my memory is fading fast... and before I fast forward through their diary entries; I remembered that their first task, after being berated by Stan for blindly following stupid orders, which were given to them in a park by Evil Stan, was to race to a fourth grade classroom at an elementary school where the students were to help them decipher a code about where the next mission was to take place. Short edit - the kids were cute and smart and Hyper Strike bonded best with them (though he did give up a portion of his secret identity. :nono )

Usual blah blah in the diary entries. Hygenia is slow...Parthenon was bossy and didn't bond with the kids...The Defuser - well he still has problems...and Hyper Strike took too much control in the locked crate.

Up to the Roof Top (without the clatter of hooves); three up on the red blocks - Hygenia, Parthenon and Hyper Strike. Another F1 fast forward through the blather and Parthenon strips off and burns his Super Hero outfit. He sashays down the street outside the secret lair stating he will always be a super hero. The remaining three are, of course, subdued and vow to continue the good fight.

The finale (2 hours) is upon us and as usual I'll record it and view the next day...hopefully without my finger on the remote in F1 or F2 mode.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Re: 8/30 Show **Spoilers**

I kne when I saw Parthenon absolutely not letting the kids participate and all the others did that it was a big problem. It was interesting to see him fake letting the kids participate and then taking absolute control. HyperStrike seemed to bond the most, but big NO NO, Never reveal your secret identity. I mentioned it before but Parthenon is very tightly controlled and we can all see the vulnerable sides of Defuser, Hygena and Hyperstrike. Parthenon seemed a sure bet to be on the block. I was surprised to see HyperStrike instead of the Defuser though.

Remember next week will be 2 episodes back to back. While I like Hygena, she is not stepping up, not coming out of her comfort zone. Defuser and Hyperstrike are much more comfortable in their skins and are willing to step out of their comfort zones. At this point I see a Defuser and HyperStrike finale with HyperStrike winning.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Yes, I also see Defuser and Hyper Strike in the final two with Hyper Strike winning.

Hygenia will probably have a breakdown but vow to super-clean any baddies that come her way.

Defuser looks to be on the edge of a meltdown, himself. His face is even breaking out - showing the stress of his situation. A situation where he can't be a cop, but a super hero.

Hyper Strike, who is already a performer, is up for the job, whatever it turns out to be other than the comic book. I noticed this year there was no promise of a movie deal. Did Feedback ever get his appearance in one of the SciFi Original Movies?

I'll be relieved when this waayyy over-produced show ends; but, I'll be there at the finish.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;2554597;
    Yes, I also see Defuser and Hyper Strike in the final two with Hyper Strike winning.

Hyper Strike, who is already a performer, is up for the job, whatever it turns out to be other than the comic book. I noticed this year there was no promise of a movie deal. Did Feedback ever get his appearance in one of the SciFi Original Movies?
    Yes, Feedback was in a movie called Megasnake and it aired on 8/25. I haven't watched it yet.

I don't see how Defuser can win since he's been on the block too many times. Hygena is a mess. She's always last. I think she has a good heart, but for what they are looking for it's hard to believe that she could/should win.

I was a little surprised to see Parthenon go. Was that his first time on the block? I knew Hyperstrike would be on the block due to the secret identity thing. I think they kept Hygena to have one woman go through to the finale. This is the first time I haven't really agreed with the elimination. I understood the reasoning, as Parthenon did the work himself instead of having the kids help but Hygena has consistently frozen up during challenges and she kind of freaked out again with the anxiousness.

I also think that the Defuser should have gone awhile ago. He's bossy and seems to act like the others should act the way he wants them to.

Yeah, I think Hyperstrike will win as well. The Defuser is my favorite, but the bottom line is Hyperstrike's been better. I like Hygiena, but I think she'll lose partly for the same reason as Fat Momma did in that her character won't attract comic readers.

+ Reply to Thread