+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 8-16 Show *spoilers*

Re: 8-16 Show *spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;2532939;
    Is it a game? I remember last season the consensus was that this program is entirely scripted (and yet somewhat entertaining enough to watch anyway.)[/I]!
    Maybe I should have said it is not real life? They are not really saving the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;2532939;
    Is it a game? I remember last season the consensus was that this program is entirely scripted (and yet somewhat entertaining enough to watch anyway.)

Did anyone see the commercial during this episode for the History Channel show called Human Weapon? I never watch that channel, but am now recording that show. It looks like a "documentary" with two host/explorers featuring a different martial art each hour.

I think they should have had a group of reality show contestants going around the globe learning about these arts and doing challenges in an elimination-type reality show with a prize at the end. That would make an awesome reality show! Anyone want to produce it, you heard it here first. Just as long as I get a royalty for coming up with the idea Hey, it should be better than Pirate Master!
    Please, anything would be better than Pirate Master.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2533782;
    Please, anything would be better than Pirate Master.
    Well, I read that they might be bringing back "The Apprentice"

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;2533810;
    Well, I read that they might be bringing back "The Apprentice"
    Hold onto your hats. The world is going to end. Flavor of Three is coming soon to VH1.
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

I was sad to see Basura go...local girl...but she seemed "lost" herself throughout the episode. I'm enjoying the scripted portion of the show - such as the now three episode arc of "Where is Stan Lee's pencil?" Somewhere the Dark Master has hidden it, and if the next episode doesn't feature its return, it will be noticed as still missing.

The human flaws seem more awkward this year, and it's been hard to pick someone who is striving toward superhero fame and immortality. Hygenia and Whip Snap will be gone soon, unless like Fat Momma, Whip Snap snaps to after a humongous breakdown.

It will be interesting to see who screams (Stan Lee's preview remark about the first time he's heard a superhero scream) while in the drainage tunnel. Probably Hygenia.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;2535873;
    I was sad to see Basura go...local girl...but she seemed "lost" herself throughout the episode. I'm enjoying the scripted portion of the show - such as the now three episode arc of "Where is Stan Lee's pencil?" Somewhere the Dark Master has hidden it, and if the next episode doesn't feature its return, it will be noticed as still missing.

The human flaws seem more awkward this year, and it's been hard to pick someone who is striving toward superhero fame and immortality. Hygenia and Whip Snap will be gone soon, unless like Fat Momma, Whip Snap snaps to after a humongous breakdown.

It will be interesting to see who screams (Stan Lee's preview remark about the first time he's heard a superhero scream) while in the drainage tunnel. Probably Hygenia.
    I think it is Hyper-Strike.

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;2536415;
    I think it is Hyper-Strike.
    Really? That could be interesting. Wonder if he'll be called to the red cube to face Stan's astonishment and finger shaking?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I have to say I love when the challenges are set up so that they have to remember that part of being a hero is helping people in trouble. It's a nice extra twist that makes the show different.

What do you guys think of Defuser's chances? He's my favorite right now but I feel like he might not be "growing" as a hero, either. I think Hyperstrike has kind of come a long way since the show started.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

Defuser is earnest enough to be a SuperHero, but, I wonder. His police training may interfere with reaching his softer side. They were correct to point out that his take-charge attitude is overwhelming to those not of the same training as he has had. This may be the biggest flaw to try and control of anyone in the remaining contestant pool.

HyperStrike moved up a few notches on my okay meter, but I do wonder about him striking a pose whenever the camera is on him. Same with Parthenon...also, Parthenon is showing a bit of arrogance now that he won a challenge - not attractive.

All three men have potential, but are not up to Feed-Back or Fat Momma levels yet. The remaining women have a lot of work to do - and not just clean up or worry about not fitting in. Whip Snap needs to find that light bubble inside of her and burst it open, while Hygenia needs to learn that a little dirt and a few germs won't kill you and should not hinder you on your quest, whatever it is.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12