+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 8/09 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

8/09 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Please keep all discussion of tonight's show in this thread only, until at least 1 A.M. ET.

Thanks, and enjoy the show!

FORT Newbie

Re: 8/09 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

This Show Is Really Lame ... Seriously!

All The People On This Are Losers!

lol, Mr. Mitzvah and Ms. Limelight are up for elimination again. So, I guess Basura automatically is the one to go.

This might be a bit lame to some, but I'm really liking it.

Pretty much today was they went to an amusement park and had to find clues to a set of four locks where the bad guy was. They were divided into pairs and had to find the flags that held the numbers for the locks. Thing was, one had to ride a roller coaster to get the order of colors and the other person ran to get the flags. Some defeated their phobias of rollercoasters, other not.

Some highlights: Basura and Parthenon stop to pose for pics with tourists during the challenge, Ms Limelight gets lost and passes by one of the boxes that had numbers, Whip Snap had an asthma attack during the event, but didn't switch places with Defuser to ride the coaster because she was scared. Mr. Mitzvah was still his annoying, but funny self - but also injures his leg and has to slow down.

Anyway, they solve the locks (all the same numbers), but find out that the bad guy wasn't there: They had been fooled. They go back to the lair, and there's a note from him suggesting there's a mole. Stan has them write up their reports of what happened - telling them to be honest, and they do so.

Then, there's the discussion of the mole, and of course Mr. Mitzvah is the one they think who it is. He finally joins the group and starts talking about why he's there. But, it comes time for the elimination ceremony.

Stan nominates Mr. Mitzvah (who, while he says he defends children, still behaves in a way unbecoming of a hero to children and not fighting his fears again), Basura (who posed for the pics, slowing them down in the mission - but unlike Parthenon, sat and waited while Parthenon went on the coaster again instead of trying to find another number.) and Ms Limelight (who got lost and still didn't overcome her fears). Stan eliminates Mr. Mitzvah, for not trying to overcome fears as well as not opening up soon enough to his fellow heroes.

The group leaves, but Stan says there's one more elimination - because there were so many. He has Hyperstrike join Basura and Ms Limelight because he didn't push his teammate - Mr. Mitzvah - hard enough. But, in the end, Stan eliminates Ms Limelight, but said she had accomplished a lot to get as far as she did.

Both eliminations didn't surprise me, but just about everyone didn't do well this go. Hygena was the exception, for overcoming her fears of rollercoasters and sticking up for Mr. Mitzvah, saying "Look where the note (about the mole) came from." She's also replaced Defuser as one of my top two favorites, and bumped him down to third right now. I still like Whip-Snap, even though some of her fellow heroes think she should be a sidekick, based on the results of the reports.

I think the reason I like the show is because it doesn't take itself seriously, and the contestants have fun and actually care about each other as well. It's refreshing to see that in something like this.
    Last edited by jadewarlock; 08-09-2007 at 11:32 PM.

I mostly agree with you, jade. The one thing I disagree with that Defuser's still my favorite, but that's just my opinion. I like Whip Snap too, she seems very determined. I like Hygiena, but I don't see her winning, though I think she'll do well. She reminds me of Fat Momma (and I liked her, so that's a complement) Even though he was kind of disapointing tonight, I still like Hyperstrike for those moves and his terrific enthusiasm.

I'm with you about the show. I love this show. And it's nice to see people on a reality show who care about each other.

Quote Originally Posted by kev89;2516172;
    I mostly agree with you, jade. The one thing I disagree with that Defuser's still my favorite, but that's just my opinion. I like Whip Snap too, she seems very determined. I like Hygiena, but I don't see her winning, though I think she'll do well. She reminds me of Fat Momma (and I liked her, so that's a complement) Even though he was kind of disapointing tonight, I still like Hyperstrike for those moves and his terrific enthusiasm.

I'm with you about the show. I love this show. And it's nice to see people on a reality show who care about each other.
    I like him too. He's still in my Top Three, and that changes a lot off and on throughout shows like this. It's very close too with Hygena, so it's more of a tie.

Whip-Snap is still probably my favorite, and I think part of the reason people said she'd be a better sidekick than hero is that she has asthma. Being an asthmatic myself, it doesn't always slow you down, and for her to go on the chase for the numbers does show some courage. I do admit though she could've tried the coasters as well though, as unless she has anxiety triggered asthma, she could've tried.

I wish I could've seen all of the first season, but I read the summaries every day. Fat Momma was one of my favorites reading the summaries, and same with Feedback.

The one thing I've noticed too is that there aren't really any characters I haven't liked on this one either. I think the only one I didn't like was Mindset, because of his arrogance. While Mr. Mitzvah did have problems with his demeanor, he did finally open up to the heroes, Mindset insisted he did the noble thing by defying the villain, but in that case, the noble thing was to spell them wrong - because you helped your team.

thanks for the update. I really need to get working on my article (due tomorrow) and I caught the last part of the episode before this one. But who was the mole?

The show is on right now, but I must resist.

But it is such cheesy fun,

There was no mole. It was just a test to see how the heros would react.

Quote Originally Posted by kev89;2516288;
    There was no mole. It was just a test to see how the heros would react.
    Ahh. Too bad. But my editor will thank you.

Well, it looks like no one will be joining Mr. Mitzvah and Ms. Limelight on the red cubes this next week. Two strikes and you're out. And the other hero known as no one is also the mole for this season. With bigger production values and Stan (TPTB) watching them 24/7, a tattle tale isn't needed this year. They also have a bigger budget for villains and have, so far, featured two of them - so no recruit from rejectees will be needed.

I'm noticing that editing is showing more of a meld between the super hero personnas and natural personnas. It seems to reveal more of the "heart" of the person, moreso than last year. Both Mr. Mitsvah and Ms. Limelight revealed their real selves after elimination to be the same as their super hero confection...which is a good thing. Now we know Mr. Mitsvah wasn't working on a hidden agenda for Stan, and truly is a good (if reserved) guy.

I really don't have a favorite this year - unlike Fat Momma last year. I'm still rooting for local girl, Basura - trash to treasure - and hope she can find a better focus. Hyperstrike surprised me by notching up my likeability meter this week; we'll see if that continues.

Onward. Upward. Excelsior!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast