+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 8/02 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

8/02 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Please keep all discussion of tonight's show in this thread only, until at least 1 A.M. ET.

Thanks, and enjoy the show!

Re: 8/02 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

No one watched this show???

I caught the last five minutes of its second airing tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Kocky_Kamikaze;2502601;
    No one watched this show???

I caught the last five minutes of its second airing tonight.
    I have to wait until the episode is on the internet. There's something wrong with my cable; it won't play the Sci Fi channel.

I did check the site, and I know that Mindset was eliminated. He wasn't someone I was rooting for, so I'm happy. Let's see if I change my mind after I actually watch the episode.

I caught about the last 20 minutes or so, which had them getting their new costumes. Most of them loved their new costumes, but Hyperstrike actually liked his old one a little better (which he later admitted it was more because he was in shock with the new costume - which he does like). Defuser probably changed the least out of all of them, but it looked great.

One interesting thing, to me anyway, it looked like Basura actually had something more like hotpants/biker shorts and long boots in the costume reveal over her long pants in the publicity picture. Regardless, I do think they look better on her and would work better as a superhero. Her first set I kept thinking her pants were going to fall apart.

The three in the red zone were Ms Limelight (for forgetting her superpowers when intereviewed - something I didn't get to see), Mr. Mitzvah (for again not being a team player - he wore a blindfold to ignore the bees or something) and Mindset (for also not being a team player and doing something that could've gotten the whole team hurt. He wouldn't intentionally misspell a word that Beehive (the female enemy) told him too).

In the end, Mindset was removed for intentionally harming his team by refusing to do what was asked of him. Mr. Mitzvah again was repremanded for not wanting to be part of a team and Ms Limelight was commended for keeping a pact with Defuser, but chastized for not knowing her powers, something she must know at this stage. ('course, Braid looked like she knew her powers and had braids undone last week )

Next week seems to be more intriguing, as there's supposedly a mole in the group. I've got a couple of guesses who it is, but I sure hope it isn't Whip-Snap. Still like her, though I only saw her costume reveal this go.

Mindset, what an ego, play the game, else you will be eliminated. Whoops! Too bad so sad. Bye Bye.

I totally agree with this elimination. It would have been different if the bee challenge was an individual challenge but you should never let your arrogance lead you to do anything that may be harmfull to the team.

As far as Mindset being hurtful to Ms Limelight, he may be insightful but tactless. Yes, I do believe Limelight, is playing a role of ditzy blonde and needs to get past that, maybe the shock of being confronted like that on national tv will help her. Getting rid of the super blonde wig helped tremendously.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I don't think Mindset should have been eliminated. I do agree with him being up there with Mr. Mitzvah and Ms. Limelight, as the 3 of them were the weakest this weak. I do think how he treated Limelight was uncalled for, and while I think he should have consulted his team before not playing along with the villian, that did show bravery. Ms. Limelight didn't even know her powers, and Mr. Mitzvah, well maybe it's me, but he doesn't seem geunine. If I was Stan, I'd nominate the same 3, and call out Mindset for how he treated Ms. Limelight, but I'd tell Mitzvah or Limelight to go. But I'm not Stan, and I wasn't watching every little thing like Stan, so who am I to judge. I liked the Mindset character, but he was too quiet in the premiere, so I knew he wouldn't win.

Looking foward to next week. I wonder who the mole is.

The fact that Limelight didn't even know what her powers are makes me wonder how she even made it onto the show on the first place...tons of people audition, yet a ditzy character who doesn't even know what their super powers are made it onto the show...yeah that makes sense. She is totally a hired actress to be on the show...i honestly dont see how someone who doesnt know what their powers are to begin with made it onto the show.

Its a shame so few people see the first run of this show (me included). I actually think its SO cheesetastic. And the "moral challenges" set it apart from pretty much every other reality show in existence.

Yes, its all scripted, plotted out and hugely edited, but its fun.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Newbie

Mindset was WAY better then Limelight..

I miss last year's contestants...

I agree with the stripping of Mindset as I think Stan was seeming to be a father figure to Limelight during their interview and finds Mr. Mitzvah amusing. There was nothing amusing about Mindset, either in the bee challenge or interactions with the contestants. His "mind-control" power caused him to be too forceful by far.

Interesting that Limelight's other father, Defuser, seems to be falling away from his "heavy cop" attitude and truly exploring his Stan Lee hero side. He may turn out to be this year's winner - and I say that because he is sincere in taking in the criticism and trying to adjust to it.

I liked the new costumes. Did they do them this early last season? I thought they came more toward the end. Anyway, if HyperStrike had watched last year's show, he would have known You Do Not Diss Your New Costume Designed by Stan Lee. Such a tsk, tsk.

This season seems to have gotten off to a faster pace with the challenges - and I can't believe they actually let loose the bees inside the chamber! I HATE BEES! I would have dissolved into a crying puddle, so I commend Limelight for toughing it out.

I also like the stripping of power ceremony this year. In the end, we see them as regular people climbing down from the roof...none of this picking up their bag at the door and walking out while still in costume.

Looking forward to next week to see who will join Mr. Mitzvah and Limelight on the red pedestals.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast