+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 7/26 Show Discussion

7/26 Show Discussion

I guess no discussion thread showed up yesterday? Well, better late than never . . . if you want to discuss the show, here's the place.

Re: 7/26 Show Discussion

Faves so far: Defuser, Hyperstrike, Whip Snap, and Basura

Not too impressed yet with Mindset, for an ultraintelligence hero he didnt seem to do much thinking.

Mr. Mitzah, seems a bit charicature (sic) for my taste, that could be bad for him in the long run, remember Major Victory getting booted for being a parody?

My faves so far are Whip Snap, Basura, Defuser, and Parnethon. I'm liking this new season so far. One of the things that bothered me last year was they eliminated people so fast, most of the heroes were gone by halfway through the show. I like just one person going each episode better. This is a little thing, but did anyone notice the futuristic trash can. It looks kind of dumb, but I do like effect of the person going back to normal.

I LOVE THIS SHOW!! It is so cheesy, but then again, I love cheese!
    I had tears in my eyes seeing the reaction the Whip Snap had to meeting Feedback. I'm just worried about her pooch that was left behind.....
    Basura seems really cool. I also like Hyperstrike. His martial arts skills that he showed were pretty impressive. The Defuser seems the most "superhero"-like but he totally dropped the ball on the "helping those in need" test.
    Again, a poor pooch left to fend for himself. I hope that will not be a running theme this season......

I finally caught up with the premiere on the internet. There's something wrong with my cable; it won't play the Sci Fi channel. Oh well, the only thing I watched on that channel is this show.

I always like my share of ditzy contestants. They always make me laugh. So Ms. Limelight is on of my favorites. I also like the Defuser, and I think it's kinda sweet how he feels a special bond towards her. Who knows, maybe Stan Lee will make a comic out of both of them, with the Defuser being the hero and Ms. Limelight being the sidekick. Actually, even though I don't read comics, I kinda like that idea.

I like Whip Snap. I liked her ever since Feedback came to her door and told her she was going to be on the show. She turned me off a bit when she start crying and saying, "Oh, I failed Stan and my family!" But not for long, because I still like her.

Braid being eliminated was surprise to me. I read Mantenna's recap before I saw the show, so when I read that it was Braid going home instead of Mr. Mitzvah, I was shocked (with the way Mantenna described Mr. Mitzvah, I thought he was a shoe-in to go home first).

And after watching the show, he had many reasons to be sent home. But he is kind of a character, and Braid was pretty boring, so of course Braid went.

So mad at myself, forgot to set the DVR but I'm watching the encore show. Can't wait! Sounds like it was great campy fun.

Bring on the cheese! Can't wait for the earnest teary eyed contestants talking about letting down their comic book God, its the best part of the show!

I, too, was very surprised that Mr. Mitzvah stayed on a golden light. It was a tough choice between his arrogance and Braid's narcissism. Wow, they put up the "reveal yourself" challenge early this season. None of them broke, which was impressive. I think last season two of them broke out with their names.

Very interesting and physically tough first challenge - again I was surprised they placed the endurance contest so early. Anyway, I'm still sighing over the poor puppy left lost under his "find me" poster. To be fair - he was at enough of a distance, that anyone glancing that way probably couldn't read the words on the poster, and since he was tied to the light pole, may have thought he was placed there on purpose by his owner...well, then, at least someone could have investigated...duh.

At this point they are all so earnest and true (except for Mr. Mitzvah who only wants to win the contest - ooohhh, am I scenting a twist with his character, ala evil villain) I'm going to have to root for my "same town girl" Basura.

I like the electrical special effects this year and that Feedback delivered the good news. That was fun. The laundry/cover ladies were a hoot again this year. They make one want to look toward the back of one's own cleaners to try and spot a secret entrance to a secret lair.

FORT Regular

Hygena reminds me of Fat Momma from last season.

You would think by now that the superhero wannabes would understand that Stan Lee is looking for the Ultimate Boy Scout. If they behave like the UBS they will win this competition.

After seeing 'The Defuser' I wonder just how many police officers have super hero fantasies?? Alot, me thinks.

Liked Whip-snap and Basura. Hygena was interesting. Ms. Limelight was only 18??? Honey stay away from the tanning booths, boy does that age you, I would have said she was 40.

Mr. Mizvah, is unbearably rude.

Can't wait for next week. The pacing seemed much better this episode than last season's.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2494331;
    Ms. Limelight was only 18??? Honey stay away from the tanning booths, boy does that age you, I would have said she was 40.
    I thought it sounded like she said she was 18 when someone in the group asked. When she was doing one of those private confessional things she said she may seem like an airhead but she got straight A's all the way through high school and college. Maybe she is acting dumb?? If she has already gone to college maybe she is hiding her true age........

Never mind on the age thing. Her profile says she is 19.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast