+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 8/31/06 - finale - discusion - spoilers

8/31/06 - finale - discusion - spoilers

Well, I guess I was the only one watching tonight, cause it's the start of a long weekend and last time to vacation "before" school starts and Hurricane Ernesto is creeping up the east coast.

I liked how Fat Mama and Feedback went to stunt school and 'learned how to fly' and made a movie using a green screen. I was a little dissappointed that Fat Mama did not try the swing. I am sure if she told the stunt coordinator her concerns they could have adapted the swing to a much lower height. I feel that a true superhero must at least try. I was very impressed that Feedback can do a very good chinese split. The man is truly a wonder to be that flexible in the hips. His wife is one very lucky woman.

I personally feel that Feedback should win just because he embraced what a superhero should be at age 14 and has used that as a role model and he does live and breath it.

The season finale was held at Universal Studios and 2 small films were played on a large outdoor screen. The films show Fat Mama and Feedback fighting evil doers and using their various powers. Fat Mama's film was a bit comedic but they ran will the idea and it had a nice sense of humor, although I do think that Chicken Man should have had a human head. I assumed that Feedback's would be much better, just because he is more intense, unfortunately he is a bit stiff as an actor and I surprisingly found that Fat Mama's film was more entertaining that Feedback's. Still Stan Lee did pick Feedback to be a Superhero and it was the right choice.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I was watching Bearcata and loving every minute of it. I knew square-jawed Feedback would become the super hero but my emotions were pulling for Fat Mama. What a finish - another GIANT TV screen for Stan Lee and balconies for the two finalists and families and fireworks to finish it off.

I really liked the "preview" they put together from their time at the stunt house. We finally got to see Fat Mama expand to fight evil. And the way she killed the demon with a donut -

A thoroughly enjoyable show - off the beaten track with the use of actors playing parts but the theme kept it all together. Stan Lee as Max Headroom - great idea producers. I don't buy comic books but I may watch the movie just because I want to see what they come up with for Feedback to do.

Good Going Stan Lee and SciFi
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Thank you both Bearcata and Arielflies...
    (I didn't get to see the show was packing for camping,
    but looking at the weather I don't know the point now..)

I thought that Feedback would win, his blood pumped Super Hero juice..hehe
    I liked Fatmamma and her message to the kids at school, but she lost
    me on the other comps taking 40 minutes longer then the others lost me..

I hope to catch it on at recast
    What doesn't kill you, just screws with your head !!

Evel Doer's club member.

Quote Originally Posted by hotrocks View Post
    Thank you both Bearcata and Arielflies...
    (I didn't get to see the show was packing for camping,
    but looking at the weather I don't know the point now..)

I thought that Feedback would win, his blood pumped Super Hero juice..hehe
    I liked Fatmamma and her message to the kids at school, but she lost
    me on the other comps taking 40 minutes longer then the others lost me..

I hope to catch it on at recast
    I hear that is not too bad once the rain is past but I quess it depends where you are going. My brother and family are going to Myrtle Beach and the news is that it will be nice Saturday and Sunday, so good luck on your camping trip.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Congrats to Feedback!

I'm really am hoping for SciFi to make a movie that includes all the heroes as a team like the X-Men...On another note...I really dislike alot of movies by SciFi...so Im hoping by chance they really put in alot of time and effort into this, with Stan Lee, the story should be good...but you never know...cause some of SciFi's original movies have been dreadful...

As soon as I saw TiVo's description, that they'd be going to stunt school, I knew Feedback would win. Fat Momma simply isn't in that type of shape.

But this episode showed even more of her inner strengths, compassion and integrity. It's too bad she can't be in the SciFi channel movie also - in my opinion, she is the most like a superhero inside.

Stan Lee seemed impressed also - he called her "an amazing woman". Also said he enjoyed talking to her. She's just so genuine! Her family must feel very lucky.

Well, at least she got to see herself on a big screen, and hear the fans cheering for her at CityWalk. That must've been a very special night out for both their families.

Notice that Fat Mama OVERWHELMINGLY won the call-in public vote. I'd been expecting her to win that, but hardly by that large a margin.

The problem is that while Feedback had all of the enthusiasm, was seemingly a better comedic and action hero from his clips, and wanted it far more, Fat Momma was nevertheless more interesting and less bland/generic seeming.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I'm pretty sure that call in vote was who would turn in their cape.

Yes, the vote is for who will be turning in their costume

+ Reply to Thread