+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 8/23 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Lex

8/23 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

I hated this episode! It made me cry!

Also, I was all set to come on here and blast Stan about his joking superhero speech (I mean Spider-Man, his most famous character, is known for making jokes while he battles supervillains)... but then what he did for Major Victory made me cry and I let it go.
    Last edited by Lex; 08-24-2006 at 10:51 PM.
    "Ah don't hayave an acksent." - Kellie Pickler 2006

woo! i caught the rerun episode much sooner then expected, they broadcasted it again at midnight over here...

The challenge was cute, i was glad that Fat momma won the challenge with the children, it really shows that she has alot of appeal, and as she said, super heroes dont need to be a strong, bulky man, heroes come in all shapes and sizes.

We had to record the ep and I don't know when I'll be able to find time to watch it. The lack of spoilers here is killing me I hope I cry too... I could use a good release!
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

The entire being judged by kids to me was very hooky and I felt uncomfortable. Fat Mama did communicate best with them and Major Victory was entertaining as usual, I was surprised how well he did connect with the kids. Its Feedback I felt sorry for. He comes across as a super Nerd and I could see he was loosing the kids. I also was going nuts with him picking up the pennies for the bag lady, I was screaming just go to the finish line it was so excrutiating to watch. Fat Mama I was getting pissed off at in the second challenge with all her constant eating, it was sending the wrong message. Food is more important than the mission. It also gave the impression that gee... we know how you got so fat. Taking 40 min longer than the guys, which totaled up to 55+minutes while the guys took an average of 15 minutes to complete the task is a big mistake in my book and I am glad to see that Stan took her to task. I honestly believed that Major victory and Feedback should have been the final two and I was disappointed that the Major went home last night. It was nice of Stan to arrange the phone call with Major Victory's daughter. I just shed too many tears last night. Don't make me do that for the finale.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Victory went home! it shoud have been he and Feedback for the finale. Hopefully Fat mama doesn't take it
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar
    Nah - Fat Mama won't make it to the pages of the comic book. Feedback has the squared jaw and shiny-eyed determination to be a cinch to draw. I said in the Fat Mama thread that I was still wiping tears while I typed. Wow - this show really reaches down and pulls it out of the contestants. For the first time I didn't cringe at all the sincerity. This time it was truly real.

I wonder what Max Headroom (I mean Stan Lee) has in mind for the finale? Should be terrific!

Of the final three, I pegged Feedback to win it - he wants it the most, it means a lot to him, he has kind of a tortured past (a lot of comic-book superheroes do also), etc. Plus, he was the tallest and had the most classic features, superhero-wise.

Major Victory would've been a serious contender also - with that chiseled jawline - but he couldn't stop joking around (or taking off his cape!).

I really like that Fat Momma made it to the final two. Her speech to the kids was just right. I'm still unsure as to what all their 'super powers' are but - whatever. The show's fun.

Passion.....it all boils down to just that word. every single contestant had passion to a certain degree, but not on the major premise of the show... It it testing these individuals on the primary characteristics of a superhero. Levity proved it the first day that fame and recognition was most important to him. He led the pack as they all were being eliminated for losing sight that integrity, compassion, self sacrificing, and the other traits supes have. Every person eliminated lost sight that it is not about a potential comic book or tv movie as them as the star, it's about unselfishly giving yourself for the greater good. The prize is just a bonus. Feedback and Fat Momma shine through that substance is more important than style. My $$$$ is on Feedback. I empathize with him....a reluctant hero....a humbleness to do great deeds at his own self-doubt....Go Feedback!!

Just think about "Unbreakable", and Bruce Willis's reluctance, but his deep yearning for more. Feedback is proving that regular "joes" can transcend as well...
    Last edited by typhonmages; 08-26-2006 at 05:49 AM.

+ Reply to Thread