+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 'Superhero' Hits Ratings High For Sci-Fi

'Superhero' Hits Ratings High For Sci-Fi

TheFutonCritic.com has a press release from Sci-Fi that details Who Wants To be A Superhero's ratings growth for the channel. Here is the press release below:

'WHO WANTS TO BE A SUPERHERO?' ON SCI FI CONTINUES AMAZING UPWARD CLIMB IN RATINGS FOR 4TH STRAIGHT WEEK!
    Released by Sci Fi

'WHO WANTS TO BE A SUPERHERO?' ON SCI FI CONTINUES AMAZING UPWARD CLIMB IN RATINGS FOR 4TH STRAIGHT WEEK!

Latest Episode Achieves Series Highs in Households, Key Demos and Total Viewers

NEW YORK -- August 21, 2006 -- SCI FI Channel's hit reality series 'WHO WANTS TO BE A SUPERHERO?' from Nash Entertainment and POW! Entertainment Inc., continued its upward trend of week-to-week growth soaring to new series heights with its fourth installment on Thursday, August 17th at 9:00PM ET/PT. Episode 4 delivered a 1.32 HH rating (+10 vs. last week and +48% vs. its July 27th series premiere), 1.031 million viewers 18-49 (+27% vs. last week), 899,000 viewers 25-54 (+28% vs. last week) and 1.815 million total viewers.

Since its premiere on SCI FI, 'WHO WANTS TO BE A SUPERHERO?' has grown at least 10% week-to-week in the 18-49 and 25-54 key demos. The 4th episode grew an amazing 62% from the premiere among viewers 18-49 and 61% among viewers 25-54. Additionally, the series has outperformed last year's time period average by 67% among viewers 18-49 and 36% among viewers 25-54. The show also scores among the younger crowd with a median age of 32, which is thirteen years younger than the same time period last year.

Season-to-date 'WHO WANTS TO BE A SUPERHERO?' is up +29% in HH ratings, +48% in P18-49s and +44% in P25-54s.

This week, the three remaining superheroes (Fat Momma, Feedback and Major Victory) are judged by Stan's toughest critics kids!!! Then Stan tests their intellect and ingenuity in a time-based challenge following clues to locate their archenemy, the Dark Enforcer, at Universal Studio's City Walk. After a tear-filled elimination, the competition is down to the final two.

The SCI FI Channel, Bruce Nash (Nash Entertainment) and legendary comic book creator Stan Lee's ('Spider-Man', 'Hulk,' 'The Fantastic Four,' 'X-Men') POW! Entertainment Inc. have joined forces to discover the next great American superhero. 'Who Wants To Be A Superhero?' is an all-new reality series that challenges a lucky few to create their very own superhero alter ego, live together under in a secret lair under the watchful eye of Stan Lee and compete for the best reality competition prize yet: immortality! The winning superhero is immortalized in a new comic book from Dark Horse Comics created by Stan Lee himself and will be featured in an original SCI FI Channel movie.

SCI FI Channel is a television network where "what if" is what's on. SCI FI fuels the imagination of viewers with original series and events, blockbuster movies and classic science fiction and fantasy programming, as well as a dynamic Web site (www.scifi.com ) and magazine. Launched in 1992, and currently in 86 million homes, SCI FI Channel is a network of NBC Universal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies.
    I think that this a great new reality series, and I am thrilled to see it doing well in the ratings. Hopefully, we will get a second season of the show.

Lets hope this turns into a second season of superheroic nuttiness!

I began watching this show only recently. It's really grown on me! I like the way Stan Lee emphasizes inner attributes and integrity.

you know, i keep forgetting about watching this show...i missed the last three episodes and had to catch them being rerun on sundays...im also suprised that no one made a thread for today's episode...

I really like this show despite that everyone "acts" so much on this show!

I hope there will be another season!
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Veggieviewer View Post
    Lets hope this turns into a second season of superheroic nuttiness!
    You can also count me in for Season Two if they decide to make it.

This first one just flew right by! Faster than a speeding bullet if you will... [dodges tomato] Seriously, though, this first season went by way too fast!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

+ Reply to Thread