+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 8/10 Show Discussion *SPOILERS*

The Irony of this show

Has anyone else noticed the huge irony in this show so far?

Ty'veculus, who's helmet only allows him to hear truth, gets busted for lying about his costume... and voted off for (in Stan's opinion) not being truthful regarding his reasons for recommending Lumeria.

Monkey Woman gets tossed for not hiding her secret identity because she was hiding her real identity.

Fat Momma, who's *all about* stopping bullying (check her website) is vowing revenge against the others...

Major Victory, who's "not proud of his erotic dancer background" seems to continue to focus on his own sexiness...

I also think it's amazing that Monkey Woman is getting dissed for being an Actress, when Lumeria's appeared in a movie before (Bellyfruit), and Steel has played the heavy in so many action films that I pegged his outcome when I first saw him on the show.

If the end game is comic/movie, then right now I'd put my money on Major Victory or Feedback... I could totally see Major Victory in a 'Tick'-style movie... or even think the old 'Adam West' Batman. Feedback, on the other hand, seems to be the most well-thought-out of the bunch... and could probably carry a title easily... His little confrontation with the Dark Enforcer could be a little forshadowing of that.

Oh... hi all... first post... hope it was worth it

TrekNoid

Major Victory was an exotic dancer...??? lmao lmao LMAO lol.... I just dont see it.

to the FORT, TrekNoid! Very nice first post. I try not to over-analyze this show. I just want something that makes me laugh. It was kind of hard not to notice the scripted-ness and irony of last night's show, though.

I was happy with both of the eliminations tonight, but I am furious with Fat Mama's attitude. It is her turn to go next. Revenge on her other super hero co-stars is in now way a valid reason to want to stay on the show. She has gone the way of Dark enforcer in my opinion :nono
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess View Post
    Major Victory was an exotic dancer...??? lmao lmao LMAO lol.... I just dont see it.
    Yah its been brought up twice, the first time was in the debut episode where he said he wasn't proud of being it and wants to be a good role model for his kids. And then again when the contestants were allowed to ask a question to another person and someone asked him if he thought it was a good idea for a former stripper to be a superhero. He got pissed about that and didn't think it was a fair question.

Quote Originally Posted by TrekNoid View Post
    Has anyone else noticed the huge irony in this show so far?

Ty'veculus, who's helmet only allows him to hear truth, gets busted for lying about his costume... and voted off for (in Stan's opinion) not being truthful regarding his reasons for recommending Lumeria.

Monkey Woman gets tossed for not hiding her secret identity because she was hiding her real identity.

Fat Momma, who's *all about* stopping bullying (check her website) is vowing revenge against the others...

Major Victory, who's "not proud of his erotic dancer background" seems to continue to focus on his own sexiness...

I also think it's amazing that Monkey Woman is getting dissed for being an Actress, when Lumeria's appeared in a movie before (Bellyfruit), and Steel has played the heavy in so many action films that I pegged his outcome when I first saw him on the show.

If the end game is comic/movie, then right now I'd put my money on Major Victory or Feedback... I could totally see Major Victory in a 'Tick'-style movie... or even think the old 'Adam West' Batman. Feedback, on the other hand, seems to be the most well-thought-out of the bunch... and could probably carry a title easily... His little confrontation with the Dark Enforcer could be a little forshadowing of that.

Oh... hi all... first post... hope it was worth it

TrekNoid
    TrekNoid! Welcome to the FORT and great first post!! You make some really great points. Irony abounds on this show. But in the cut throat world of reality TV, I find the premise and execution of the show to be a bit lighter in fair and a generally enjoyable hour. This weeks show seemed to lag a bit tho. Maybe it is because Major Victory didn't get in any good one liners.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234