+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 8/10 Show Discussion *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs View Post
    Allie, if you want to know, they had a test where they had to walk across a beam between two buildings blindfolded to save a woman on the other side. They had a guidewire to guide them across.

It turned out they were only a few inches off the ground, that is why they were blindfolded. They all accomplished it.
    Thanks. Can't watch it tonight and VCR doesn't work well.

Ah ok. Ty got cut because in the Who should go competition he tried to tell Stan to get rid of Lumeria. Fat Momma tried to tell Stan to get rid of Feedback. The correct answer was to offer up yourself. After all as a superhero, you have to be willing to step into harm's way to protect someone. That was the point of this competition. Monkey Woman got sent home for offering up her secret ID and revieling that she is a aspiring actress. It is ironic I think that she got booted trying to help someone else get started on a acting career.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs View Post
    Ah ok. Ty got cut because in the Who should go competition he tried to tell Stan to get rid of Lumeria. Fat Momma tried to tell Stan to get rid of Feedback. The correct answer was to offer up yourself. After all as a superhero, you have to be willing to step into harm's way to protect someone. That was the point of this competition. Monkey Woman got sent home for offering up her secret ID and revieling that she is a aspiring actress. It is ironic I think that she got booted trying to help someone else get started on a acting career.
    Oh no, Monkey Woman and Fat Mama, my two picks are in danger, UGH!!!
    I was so sad to see Monkey Woman go I liked her skills. Still, at first I thought Creature really meant what she said as far as nominating herself. But at the elimination I noticed that Creature and Lemuria did not go up and bid Tyvecius goodbye. I smell scheming and conniving going on in those 2 heads. It just looked weird and I am sure Stan noticed there reactions. It was cool of Fat Mama to call them on it afterward.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Definately their own hubrises that are getting the best of the contestants. They definately should have realized that a hero does not sell out their own (or anyone else for that matter.) And with Ty, that and his previous screwups pretty much doomed him. Too bad, he was an interesting character, but his failure in the Honesty department last week and nominating another for elimination this week torpedoed him, otherwise if he had put himself up for sacrifice then Fat Momma may well have been hte one asked to turn in her pastries.

I was suprised that Monkey Woman and Tyveculus got cut...At this point, I'm definitely leaning towards Lemuria to be the winner, or at least hoping for Fat Momma (im pretty sure they could make a comedy super hero movie for her...if they're looking for a more serious role, then Lemuria definitely).

Quote Originally Posted by Veggieviewer View Post
    Definately their own hubrises that are getting the best of the contestants. They definately should have realized that a hero does not sell out their own (or anyone else for that matter.) And with Ty, that and his previous screwups pretty much doomed him. Too bad, he was an interesting character, but his failure in the Honesty department last week and nominating another for elimination this week torpedoed him, otherwise if he had put himself up for sacrifice then Fat Momma may well have been hte one asked to turn in her pastries.
    One thing about Tyvecius is that in real life he is a fire fighter and he works with a group of people that put their lives on the line on a daily basis. You don' t need a maverick in the group and that is why I think he picked Lemuria during that particular challenge. He felt she was a danger to herself and to the others and I can't blame him. He is very straight forward and doesn't look beyond what Stan Lee presents the challenges as. These challenges tend to be twofold. The main challenge and the hidden challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs
    Looks like Fat Momma might be our next Supervillian.

Fat Bully is more like it. If Stan is watching the house feeds he can't be happy with her picking fights all the time. Seems like she really has it in for Lumeria.
    I do not believe Fat Mama is picking fights. She is bringing up points, hard points yes. The trouble is Lemuria does not let Fat Mama finish and then answer calmly, she starts talking over Fat Mama and gets angry and does not address the issue. This is were Tyveciuos sees Lemuria's lack of control and I totally agree with him. A mature adult should be able to hold their temper and listen to something harsh and then comment about it with out sinking to yelling and name calling. In this case Lemuria acts like 3 yr old.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Newbie
    I give Creature points for fast thinking, but after her, it was blindingly obvious self-sacrifice was the answer Stan wanted, but is it always really what you'd want in a superhero? If 'm Joe Superhero, and the world is about to get snuffed out by a supervillain only I can defeat, and on my way to do so, I see a little girl about to get hit by a train, do I run in to push her out of the way, get hit myself, and thus doom the entire world? (And in fact, the little girl?) In the Stan Lee universe, there will likely be some unlikely plot device that will allow me to do so without getting squashed like a bug, but I'd like my superheros to be a tiny bit more realistic so I can relate to them in a more realworld way. Every action has consequences, even self-sacrifice, and in any realistic world, it's not going to be the correct action EVERY single time.

Also, if I'd been in there, after the first two self-sacrifice speeches, I'd have felt totally hypocritical saying the same thing even if had been my intent at first.

I think it is going to come down to Major Victory and Feedback. MV seems to be really into his character and Feedback also seems intense. Fat Momma will last a little longer but will not go the distance and Creature and Lemuria do not impress me much.
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

How long is this show going to last? 2 more episodes? Wow short run, They totally could've strung this out with only one elimination a show. (and maybe an occasional two-fer)

Do Superheroes go shopping in costume? Or rather do they change into their secret identities first? Although if it was me, I'd have been looking around for people trying to steal. That was my first thought.

I think Major Victory makes for a good comic and movie. As long as he stays funny.
    no sig, I'm not that clever

The show runs for six weeks, so there should be three episodes left.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast