+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 8/3 - show discussion - spoilers

8/3 - show discussion - spoilers

I guess I was the only one watching tonight. I must admit that I was not planning on watching this series as it seemed a bit silly. The only reason I watched was that my bible, the TV Guide gave the show good reviews. By the time the premiere rolled around I had heard that several reviewers from People and other magazines had also given the series a good review. Imagine my dissappointment during the premiere. It was OK, but not great. Regardless, I decided to stick with it and I was rewarded with tonights episode. Amazing challenges tonight. First the personal questions. I do think that Iron Enforcer is the one behind the hair question for Creature and the weight question for Fat Mama, it showed a lot of mean spiritness. Also, I noticed in his confessionals his ultimate self centeredness. When he was asked about steriod use, he practically admitted it and he didn't like it when others complained about his stinkyness. During the second challenge, getting past the guard dogs. I must admit that was a dangerous thing to do. I was impressed with Tyvecius and more so with Major Victory and how Feedback did not give up. Then the fall from grace by Iron Enforcer who cried Uncle 1 ft away from the door. Ha Ha Ha, Mr Steriod Man. What did concern me was the ladies, I was hoping that they would be as successful. But Creature, Lemuria, Cell Phone Girl and Fat Mama all cried Uncle. Then Monkey Woman tried. I was very concerned because I thought the dogs might have popped her shoulder from the way she cried out and from the angle they hit. I was very impressed with her struggle. I was in tears by the time she touched the door. All three men touched the door in less then a minute, Monkey Woman was mauled by 2 guard dogs for over 10 minutes as she dragged herself across the lawn and up the deck to touch the door. In my book she won first place. She is a SuperHero.

Then there was an elimination and Cell Phone Girl was sent home because she only lasted 4 seconds with the dogs and them complained it was due to a headache. And during her defense she still claimed she had a headache. Boo Hoo. Bye Bye.

Then there was a costume makeover. I liked all of them except Tyvecius. I did not have a problem with Feedback making fun of Tyvecius it was hard not too. Again another elimination and guess who it one of the three, yeap, Tyvecius for lying about how he liked his makeover, Feedback for laughing at Tyvecius's makeover and Iron Enforcer just because. Bye Bye Iron Enforcer. No one was sad to see him go cause as Fat Mama said ' he did't fit in'.

It was a great twist when IE was coming out of the secret HQ and grumbling how unfair it was that he had been eliminated. Stan Lee contacts him and says that he knew IE didn't have it in him to be a Super Hero but he could be a great Villan and would he agree to be the villan. IE agrees and thus the Dark Enforcer is born.

This was a great episode. I laughed, I cried, I wanted more. Hope next week's episode is just as good or better.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 08-04-2006 at 12:02 AM.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    It was a great twist when IE was coming out of the secret HQ and grumbling how unfair it was that he had been eliminated. Stan Lee contacts him and says that he knew IE didn't have it in him to be a Super Hero but he could be a great Villan and would he agree to be the villan. IE agrees and thus the Dark Enforcer is born.

This was a great episode. I laughed, I cried, I wanted more. Hope next week's episode is just as good or better.
    Thanks for the udpate. This time is always horrible for me to watch TV (putting kid to bed). I can at least follow what happens from FORT (and yes, I do always forget to program the VCR)

Again, thank you so much for the recap!

FORT Newbie
    Iron Enforcer getting booted made my daughter and I happy, and then the twist came and we both just groaned....we wanted him gone for good....sigh.

Lex
    I was sad that Cell Phone Girl was eliminated. She was one of my favorites (a great example of a 21st century superhero). But, geez, she barely tried that dog challenge.

I liked that Monkey Woman wanted to make up for past mistakes. She did great.

I had mixed feelings about what happened with Iron Enforcer. Stan kept going on and on about "superheroes don't kill." Some of the most popular characters at Stan's Marvel Comics kill all the time (though, to be fair, Stan didn't create those). The "anti-hero" is a popular type of superhero, so if that's what Iron Enforcer wants to be, who's to say he shouldn't? Stan has seemed unfairly harsh to IE.

But, now that I think about it, maybe he had this supervillain plan in the works the whole time? Maybe that was the reason Stan chose him in the first place? I have to say, making IE a supervillain is a fun idea. None of the other contestants like him. Now he has a chance to get revenge. All great supervillains need motivation after all.

This show just got a lot more interesting.
    "Ah don't hayave an acksent." - Kellie Pickler 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    But, now that I think about it, maybe he had this supervillain plan in the works the whole time? Maybe that was the reason Stan chose him in the first place? I have to say, making IE a supervillain is a fun idea. None of the other contestants like him. Now he has a chance to get revenge. All great supervillains need motivation after all.

This show just got a lot more interesting.
    Seriously, the idea of getting revenge on all the superheros who IE doesn't even like or respect. This is going to be loads of fun.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Dark Enforcer: bwahahahaha! I love it!

I had the time wrong for the show. I caught the ending! Cool. Very good idea and I believe planned from the very begining. (And I think the Iron Enforcer knew or had an idea about this. His character was not Stan Leeish)

I had to laugh at toughman, Iron Enforcer, not completing his challege. Not only did he cry out "uncle" a foot away from the door, but he called it out three times. I guess those dogs got a little too close to the jewels, and you know what happens to those with steroid use, anyway.

Lex
    After watching Iron Enforcer fail the dog challenge again I wonder if he did know about Stan's ultimate plan. It just seemed like he dropped on his own and not because of the dogs.

Though, it's just as possible that the dogs took it out of him to the point where he had no energy left to make it that last foot. Who knows?

Monkey Woman was the most impressive for me tonight, that girl became a chew toy for nine minutes and still completed the challenge.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast